Author Topic: We can only assume' Romney is 'hiding something seriously damaging'  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Newsjock (9,114 posts)

Krugman: 'We can only assume' Romney is 'hiding something seriously damaging'

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/09/opinion/krugman-mitts-gray-areas.html

Once upon a time a rich man named Romney ran for president. He could claim, with considerable justice, that his wealth was well-earned, that he had in fact done a lot to create good jobs for American workers. Nonetheless, the public understandably wanted to know both how he had grown so rich and what he had done with his wealth; he obliged by releasing extensive information about his financial history.

But that was 44 years ago. And the contrast between George Romney and his son Mitt — a contrast both in their business careers and in their willingness to come clean about their financial affairs — dramatically illustrates how America has changed.

... One more thing: To the extent that Mr. Romney has a coherent policy agenda, it involves cutting tax rates on the very rich — which are already, as I said, down by about half since his father’s time. Surely a man advocating such policies has a special obligation to level with voters about the extent to which he would personally benefit from the policies he advocates.

Yet obviously that’s something Mr. Romney doesn’t want to do. And unless he does reveal the truth about his investments, we can only assume that he’s hiding something seriously damaging.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002919630

Hey DUmmies, what is 0bama hiding by not releasing his college transcripts, what's Eric Holder hiding by lying to congress, and again what is 0bama hiding by claiming EP for Holder?

Spazito (24,816 posts)
1. Yep...

"And unless he does reveal the truth about his investments, we can only assume that he’s hiding something seriously damaging."

Well said, Mr. Krugman, well said indeed.

CTyankee (29,194 posts)
21. You said it! Krugman is pissed! I think he's on his last nerve with

Romney and he's really letting him have it.

Let's face it, the only way we can win is by destroying Mitt Romney politically. Swift boat him every chance we get. Beat that drum...
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink
Response to CTyankee (Reply #21)Mon Jul 9, 2012, 11:29 AM
 mulsh (1,753 posts)
31. no need to "swift boat" when all we have to do is repeat the truth.

n/t

If you goons started speaking the truth you would no longer be dems,

Curtland1015 (3,146 posts)
11. If Obama HAD to show his birth cerfiticate, certainly Rmoney can show his tax returns...

Last edited Mon Jul 9, 2012, 01:55 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

...seems only fair.

So that means Romney can hem and haw about them for 3 years then finally release them right before he kicks off his reelection bid.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: We can only assume' Romney is 'hiding something seriously damaging'
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »
From the comments section at the Krugman article, some sanity amongst the groveling elitist egghead comments:

Meanwhile....
NEW YORK – Two separate database reports from the National Student Clearinghouse last year that contradicted President Obama’s claim he attended Columbia University for two years added to the intrigue generated by Obama’s unwillingness to discuss his time at the Ivy League institution, his block on the release of educational records, and the many political science students and faculty there in the early 1980s who say they don’t remember him.

Swirling amid the black hole of information are a host of theories about Obama’s whereabouts – particularly during the 1981-1982 school year – including speculation he was working for the CIA in Pakistan.

Funny how the liberals go after Mitt's outsourcing when most of you are using Apple iPhones, iPods and iPads, drive a Prius, Subaru...yes I see your Obama stickers.....Why don't you stand up and buy only American. I don't own an iPhone, iPad or Prius.....

The top 1 % paid 36.7 % of all taxes in the US in 2009; the highest 5 % paid 58.7 %. The top 10 % paid 70.5 %, while 51 % had no federal income tax...Get off the class envy warfare obsession. I am very tired of Mr Krugman's bashing Gov Romney for being wealthy...I thought that's what many American's strive for..And where he keeps his investments is none of anybody's business.

Mr. Krugman you have been sooooo wrong for soooooo long, you no longer have any credibility. Attacking Romney for having made wise choices is not something he should be punished for. Instead of dems worrying about Romney's money, why not focus in on why holder and obama will NOT tell us their parts in Fast & Furious and demand they release the information asked to be provided. Stop with the weapons of mass distraction and hold obama accountable for the mess he has gotten America into. You are just as bad as obama with all the fingerpointing and obstruction of moving America ahead by giving the deceiver-in-chief a free pass at every turn. I do remember when what you had to say had some meaning...lately, not so much.

The aspect of Mitt Romney's personality that I find most troubling is his dishonesty. Quite frankly, if his mouth is moving, he's lying. That is not much of an exaggeration either. Steve Benen, who writes for the Maddow Blog, has been keeping a running tab on Mitt's mendacity, it's lengthy and frankly horrifying. None of us is so naive as to expect political candidates to be "honest Abe" but Mr. Romney has taken it to new levels. I saw a video clip this weekend in which a lady at one of his events asked him to explain why he kept money in the Cayman Islands as others in the crowd hissed at her. Mr. Romney replied that he had never saved a dollar in taxes by putting his funds in the Cayman Islands and moved on.

So voters if you want to elect a man who promises to create one of the least transparent presidential administrations in modern times, a man whose national security advisers represent the George W. Bush first term saber rattlers and seem itching to confront Iran militarily, throw in more tax cuts for the über wealthy, well Mitt Romney's your man.

:lol: I thought that comment was sarcasm initially but I think the person is serious.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 07:43:25 PM »
including speculation he was working for the CIA in Pakistan.

See that's why he got 0sama so easily, all those years working in Pokeystahn he had contacts.  :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 07:49:44 PM »
From what I've read from Krugman, we can assume he is a mentally retarded dendrophiliac who still has a hard time getting laid.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:06:38 PM »
As if Krugmans opinion means anything in the known world...he is nothing but a hack pretending to be an "economist" to give cover for his ass backwards and always wrong views.

Used toilet paper has more insight into the world then anything he writes.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »
From what I've read from Krugman, we can assume he is a mentally retarded dendrophiliac who still has a hard time getting laid.

Why do you insult perfectly respectable mentally retarded dendrophiliacs thusly? :confused:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 08:10:49 PM »
If he has done something illegal, have him arrested DUmmies. If his Swiss bank account is so secret, how do you know about it?  Who paid for Obama's house?

You people are such sheeple. Seriously, non thinking, over the cliff...sheeple.

Also, if Obama hasn't released his college transcripts (including his applications), he must be hiding something.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 08:26:59 PM »
If he has done something illegal, have him arrested DUmmies. If his Swiss bank account is so secret, how do you know about it?  Who paid for Obama's house?

You people are such sheeple. Seriously, non thinking, over the cliff...sheeple.

Also, if Obama hasn't released his college transcripts (including his applications), he must be hiding something.

And I'm still not completely positive that he's released his real birth certificate. He says he has, but he also said that he visited 57 states.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 05:43:41 AM »
Curtland1015 (3,146 posts)
11. If Obama HAD to show his birth cerfiticate, certainly Rmoney can show his tax returns...

Last edited Mon Jul 9, 2012, 01:55 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

...seems only fair.
So, if those were the "Birthers", does that make you "Taxers"?

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 08:47:14 AM »
Why do you insult perfectly respectable mentally retarded dendrophiliacs thusly? :confused:

Well, at least Carl didn't insult used toilet paper.  It's smarter than Krugman. 

I had to laugh at the headline, "hiding something seriously damaging."  a) he's the world's biggest boyscout, b) he's been vetted for years.

king zero has swept his entire history into a vault and thrown away the key.  We have no idea who this man is. 

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 11:26:01 AM »
I want to know what Obama and Holder are hiding. They must 'be hiding something serious'. More than likely it is something that will put them both in jail for the rest of their lives!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 12:04:46 PM »

Krugman: 'We can only assume hope' Romney is 'hiding something seriously damaging'

FIFY, Krugster.  I know it's what you really meant.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 01:33:06 PM »
LINK

DEM CHAIR WASSERMAN SCHULTZ OUTSOURCED MONEY TO SWISS BANKS, INDIA

Please excuse the loose use of the term "outsource" in my headline. But now that the Washington Post, BuzzFeed Politics, and Barack Obama have defined outsourcing as "Something Romney never did but is guilty of anyway," I wanted to get in the spirit of things. 

Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been running around for a few days now sliming up the airwaves with smears and innuendo that started with this article written by Vanity Fair's Nicholas Shaxson, a bigtime leftist and Occupy supporter. Essentially, the Wasserman Schultz talking point has been: "We don't know what Romney's hiding in his shady finances so we need to find out."

Really, Debbie? Well, we don’t know if you tortured small animals on-camera, and until you release all of your home movies we won’t know.

.snip.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 02:09:38 PM »
Im entertained by Krugman, who is essentially starting rumors for rumor's sake. It's not like we havent seen this same technique at least a million times before from the DUmp.

All primitives are the same, no matter how famous.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 02:21:12 PM »
Im entertained by Krugman, who is essentially starting rumors for rumor's sake. It's not like we havent seen this same technique at least a million times before from the DUmp.

Just like all those women coming forward about affairs with Herman Cain.  The ones that disappeared after he withdrew from the race.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 03:06:44 PM »

Rumors with no facts? This is something the Lawrence O'donnel would jump on and broadcast on MSNBC. He is the king of spreading lies and rumors.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 03:29:09 PM »
Rumors with no facts? This is something the Lawrence O'donnel would jump on and broadcast on MSNBC. He is the king of spreading lies and rumors.

I fully expect the 'we can only assume' part will be dropped, and the message will be "Romney is hiding something seriously damaging" by the end of the week, if it hasn't gone there already.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 03:33:57 PM »
I fully expect the 'we can only assume' part will be dropped, and the message will be "Romney is hiding something seriously damaging" by the end of the week, if it hasn't gone there already.

You know it will. They will bypass everything that Obama and Holder are hiding, and make what Romney is supposedly hiding as detrimental to national security or something. All this is just to try and distract people from Obama's terrible record.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 04:02:03 PM »
You know it will. They will bypass everything that Obama and Holder are hiding, and make what Romney is supposedly hiding as detrimental to national security or something. All this is just to try and distract people from Obama's terrible record.

Great plan if you own all the media.  They can't seem to figure out they don't anymore.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 04:12:13 PM »
Great plan if you own all the media.  They can't seem to figure out they don't anymore.

When you have the MSM in your back pocket that will happen.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 04:45:43 PM »
'We can only assume' Romney is 'hiding something seriously damaging'

What's the matter? Roof-riding dogs, obscure frathouse hazing tales, "magic underwear", car elevators, his wife's hairdo, and the fact that he has money aren't quite the campaign-killing juggernaut of stories you were hoping they'd be?

Bless your hearts.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 06:34:42 PM »
What's the matter? Roof-riding dogs, obscure frathouse hazing tales, "magic underwear", car elevators, his wife's hairdo, and the fact that he has money aren't quite the campaign-killing juggernaut of stories you were hoping they'd be?

Bless your hearts.

I heard Romney on Hanity's radio show today ( I think, I was in another room) saying something to the effect that he paid his taxes and has nothing to hide but what is Barack  hiding with the claim of executive privilege  That is going to leave a mark 9 or at least a bruise) on the Emperor's ego.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 09:01:51 PM »
I heard Romney on Hanity's radio show today ( I think, I was in another room) saying something to the effect that he paid his taxes and has nothing to hide but what is Barack  hiding with the claim of executive privilege  That is going to leave a mark 9 or at least a bruise) on the Emperor's ego.

I heard him today also, and liked it.