Author Topic: What if unions did to Evil Plans what they do to everything else they touch?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
unionworks (2,600 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Boycott Right to Work States!

Why haven't the unions done this yet? Boycott products made by non-union firms in these states. Run a publicity campaign exposing the low pay and lack of benefits. Instead of putting out a long list of products or firms to avoid, concentrate on the worst offenders and states to make the boycott easy to follow and effective. The newly found awareness of economic disparity given to the unions on a silver platter at at a terrible cost by the Occupy movement should not be wasted. The fields are ready for harvest, the time is now, not 10 years from now.

4. you don't have to be a union worker

...to participate! That's the beauty of it!

So he wants everything not union-made to be boycotted but since there aren't enough union employees n American to make a dent he want non-union workers to boycott themselves.

That's a ****ing plan right there!

pipoman (7,341 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

20. To the exclusion of the chinese importers, and mexican manufacturing?

or do you just like all of your cheap chinese and mexican junk too much to attack the root?

So those with "union blood" would rather attack fellow us workers than the real cause of their plight? I never believed those with "union blood" to be anti-American...maybe I should rethink that belief...

JoeyT (3,254 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

9. Good plan.

Show American workers that unions only look out for unions. That will bring any undecideds around when they're fired in a shitty economy because we suck at messaging and thought it would be a grand idea to hammer the people that least needed it.

The counter boycott of union made stuff will be the last nail in the coffin for unions in America. Wrong way to fight at the wrong time.

Running ads and an education campaign I could get behind. Crushing poor workers because they happen to not be in a union and from the wrong state I can't.

11. I'd rather die on my feet for the union

...than on my knees as a scab.

16. They moved

the shops right out from under us and sent them to "right to work for shit" states. This would be a way for us to fight back and weaken these union busting governors like Perry, without retribution on the people who participate in the boycott. Winsconsin was a start. It's time to go after ALL OF THEM and RESTORE THE MIDDLE CLASS!!!

37. If the "right to work" apologists

...are screaming, moaning and howling about this idea of a boycott... YOU KNOW IT'S A DAMN GOOD IDEA!!! UNIONS WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

I'm a right-to-work apologist and I think the idea of unionworks suck-starting a .357 is a bad idea!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002414322
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Yeah, DUmmies--you go right ahead and boycott those right-to-work states.  But consider the fact that not everyone in a "closed shop" state belongs to a union.

What then?  Are you going to boycott EVERY business that utilizes non-union labor?  Guess that means you won't be staying at Nancy Pelosi's hotel or vineyard anytime soon, either.

Think about it, DUmmies.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jukin

I have a better plan. What if right to work states stopped selling their non-union made products to forced union states?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Yeah, DUmmies--you go right ahead and boycott those right-to-work states.  But consider the fact that not everyone in a "closed shop" state belongs to a union.

What then?  Are you going to boycott EVERY business that utilizes non-union labor?  Guess that means you won't be staying at Nancy Pelosi's hotel or vineyard anytime soon, either.

Think about it, DUmmies.

Thats asking too much from people that believe a Union's theft of their wages is a good thing.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

Will they boycott products made by companies that have both union and non-union shops also?

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."

16. They moved

the shops right out from under us and sent them to "right to work for shit" states. This would be a way for us to fight back and weaken these union busting governors like Perry, without retribution on the people who participate in the boycott. Winsconsin was a start.
Winsconsin? One of Obama's extra 7 states or the result so many of years of being told what to think by his union?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Airwolf

Way to go there Rommel you'll have them on their knees in say 20 or 30 years.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Karin

That was pretty funny, unionworks waving his arms around like a loon:  "COME ON COME ON COME ON PEOPLE!!! IT'S TIME!!!!!"   As if a handful of loyalist union DUmp monkies can really cripple 1/2 our states. 

Offline Karin

MadHound (30,454 posts)

18. And if you do that, then that state's economy suffers, along with the population of that state,

Both union and non-union. Then what?

Response to MadHound (Reply #18)
Mon Mar 12, 2012, 11:15 AM
unionworks (2,609 posts)

19. Then the corporations in that state

... don't have as much money to give to union busting politicians, the unions get the sob's kicked out, the state goes union and the workers reap the benefits.

:rotf:   Underpants gnomes.

unionworks (2,609 posts)
33. You sound

... like a wonderful person! I will be working for Obama on the phones this year.

No need to follow the script that they give you!  That's just for shy people.  Go ahead and ad lib.  Speak your mind! 

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
unionworks (2,609 posts)

19. Then the corporations in that state

... don't have as much money to give to union busting politicians, the unions get the sob's kicked out, the state goes union and the workers reap the benefits.

Evidently it's not just blacks on their inner city plantations they keep dumbed down.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'

4. you don't have to be a union worker

...to participate! That's the beauty of it!

Ah, but you would have to be a union member, and willing to boycott yourself out of a job for the sake of a union member to see any benefits.

Americans aren't as stupid as you unionistas think. That is why there are ever decreasing numbers of you.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Ah, but you would have to be a union member, and willing to boycott yourself out of a job for the sake of a union member to see any benefits.

Americans aren't as stupid as you unionistas think. That is why there are ever decreasing numbers of you.

Even public-sector unions (at least in NYS) are about 40% Republican.  And most know that they--well, since I am a public-sector union member, we--are the problem and not the solution.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Even public-sector unions (at least in NYS) are about 40% Republican.  And most know that they--well, since I am a public-sector union member, we--are the problem and not the solution.
First, let me apologize for my mashed up words above. I should have proof read better.

That said, the public sector unions, Democrats, and one RINO in the Wisconsin State Senate screwed public-sector unions out of about 800 jobs last week in order to try and hurt governor Walker.

I heard some of the leaders from those unions tried to sway at least one Democrat to vote in favor of a bill that would have made our state mining laws less capricious, but that was not to be.

The mining company, who's name escapes me at present, said, "see ya!"
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Even the unions know what unions do to the costs of goods and services

To Protest Hiring of Nonunion Help, Union Hires Nonunion Pickets

WASHINGTON—Billy Raye, a 51-year-old unemployed bike courier, is looking for work.

Fortunately for him, the Mid-Atlantic Regional Council of Carpenters is seeking paid demonstrators to march and chant in its current picket line outside the McPherson Building, an office complex here where the council says work is being done with nonunion labor.

"For a lot of our members, it's really difficult to have them come out, either because of parking or something else," explains Vincente Garcia, a union representative who is supervising the picketing.

So instead, the union hires unemployed people at the minimum wage—$8.25 an hour—to walk picket lines. Mr. Raye says he's grateful for the work, even though he's not sure why he's doing it. "I could care less," he says. "I am being paid to march around and sound off."

Protest organizers and advocacy groups are reaping an unexpected benefit from continued high joblessness. With the national unemployment rate currently at 9.5%, an "endless supply" of the out-of-work, as well as retirees seeking extra income, are lining up to be paid demonstrators, says George Eisner, the union's director of organization. Extra feet help the union staff about 150 picket lines in the District of Columbia and Baltimore each day.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704288204575362763101099660.html
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
To Protest Hiring of Nonunion Help, Union Hires Nonunion Pickets

Politics makes strange bedfellows.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

• Global Moderator
Evidently it's not just blacks on their inner city plantations they keep dumbed down.

Cindie

A vote for the Democrats is a vote for equality for all.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
A vote for the Democrats is a vote for equality for all.

Yup--everyone's equally miserable.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

Regarding Flagator's post above about the paid protesters:  I would feel like the biggest douchebag stomping around and shrieking about something I know nothing about.  I guess if you're the theatrical type and seriously need the money...still, I'd feel like an idiot and probably start laughing. 

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Please do boycott right-to-work states.  I'll pay you to leave.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!

11. I'd rather die on my feet for the union

...than on my knees as a scab.

I'll hold ya to that you worthless POS! Come look me up in the Right To Work State! BTW, you''re a scab on America! Ever think of that?

16. They moved

the shops right out from under us and sent them to "right to work for shit" states. This would be a way for us to fight back and weaken these union busting governors like Perry, without retribution on the people who participate in the boycott. Winsconsin was a start. It's time to go after ALL OF THEM and RESTORE THE MIDDLE CLASS!!!

Uh, Idaho is a right to work state, Mr. Badass! Why don't ya drive on out here and give us the crap you spew! Gonna be a long ride home tryin' to drive, holdin' yer ass in yer hands!

These self entitled lazy muther ****ers just make my blood boil!!!

I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Yup--everyone's equally miserable.

And STUPID!   :hammer:

Virginia is a right to work state as well.  Our unemployment rate usually runs 2-3% lower than the national average.  The parts of the state with the highest unemployment?  Western Virginia, where there are a lot of coal mines, and UNIONS!

Suck on that, DUmmies!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:30:07 AM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline hillneck

The DUmbasses still don't understand the whole concept of Right-to-Work.  It gives the individual the choice of whether they join the union or not.  It's fairly amusing when the subject of having to be individual and have some personal responsibility comes up with these people.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

• Global Moderator
Western Virginia, where there are a lot of coal mines, and UNIONS!

So what do they think of Obama's dedicated efforts towards killing the coal industry?