Author Topic: GD-P: Select Quotes 3/17  (Read 1147 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
GD-P: Select Quotes 3/17
« on: March 17, 2008, 02:03:51 PM »
I'm over reading the DUmpsters in the GD-P forum and they are ripping each other to shreds.  Too much to bring over but I'm going to try something and see how it goes, and any who want to join in are more than welcome.  Rather than try to bring select posts from threads over here every day, I'm going to pick out certain posts and just quote them.  I'm NOT going to link the post, that'd be more than I care to do in this format.  Most of you know me, and I've got better things to do than to make up what these fools are saying, so what you'll get is their own words.

I'd like to point out that the Dem primary going to the convention and being left up to the Superdelegates is great.  So much potential for meltdown that's it can't be accurately described.  And Rush Limbaugh asking Republicans to cross over and to help keep the thing going:  Pure. Freakin'. Genius.  Doesn't matter if it is or isn't having an effect, that they believe it is makes it all worthwhile.

Quote from:
Madam Mossfern

This mornig I had a huge AHA! Moment

It's about all this Reverend Wright stuff.

Tell me... are not the members of his congregation American citizens?
Was he speaking to the 'enemy' with his damn America speech, or was he speaking to fellow Americans to wake up to reality and do something to change the way the US has been acting in those instances? He was holding them accountable...as AMERICANS.

Those who are complaining loudly about his speech have some 'splainin' to do because as far as I see it he was speaking as a patriot to other patriots. Or... are only white people and republicans eligible to be American patriots?

Many threads with similar spin.  Bad spin, mind you, but they're libs and doing their best.

Here's another.

Quote from:
horseface

I dont see what was so bad about what Rev Wright said.

He was obviously coming from a place of injustice and inequality. He chose some poor words. People exaggerate to make a point. The United States isnt perfect, ******* far from it. Is it wrong to criticize that? We all know what he was talking about behind his choice of words.

Quote from:
backscatter712

Obama did exactly the right thing - he denounced the words, not the man.

Wright's a perfectly decent person.

Obama rejected and denounced the hurtful words Wright said in that sermon. It's just those words that needed to be spoken up against. Not Wright, and not the real message Wright's trying to send, that's now being drowned by swiftboating.

I believe that Wright speaks truth - there's a huge amount of injustice in this country, perpetuated in large part by rich white people upon the rest of us, and especially upon the black community. It's just that those particular words that Wright used that day aren't a good way to voice the well-deserved outrage that should be said about the way things are in this country.

Yeah, a descent guy who blames America for being attacked, says the gov't created AIDS, etc...  ::)

Personally, I think this Wright guy got off standing in front of people at church and cussing up a storm.  Complete jerk.

Quote from:
cali

Some things weren't so bad, others were pretty bad.

Choosing to make his comments about 9/11 while the ruins were still smoking was callous. Criticizing Bill Clinton about his policies and they effected the AA community is fine, but saying that he screwed black people like he screwed Monica is just crass and is a piss poor way of framing it. His comments about Hollowell sucked and so did his remarks about Hillary. She may never have been called a n***er but she sure has been called a c**t. And sorry, that's not any better.

Another notable events that couldn't be done in DUmmieworld up until recently.  If you or I had gone to DU and critized Clinton on his policies on blacks a year or more ago, we would have been run out of the site and cali would have helped lead the way.  Now that the Hussein Osama people want the Clinton's out, 'tis OK.

From another thread.

Quote from:
kennetha

Obama's attempt to have it both ways may be coming to an end.

Obama has succeeded brilliantly so far in having it both ways. On the one hand, his rock-solid support from African Americans is based largely on good old-fashioned identity politics. On the other hand, he has been able to present himself to the latte liberal crowd as a post-racial apostle of a new politics. But I think the flap over Minister Wright puts him in a serious bind. There is nothing post-racial about Trinity United, it seems, or about Minister Wright, Barack's long term and freely chosen spiritual adviser. The main problem for Obama is that the more we learn about Wright the less it makes sense that a truly post-racial person, of the sort Obama presents himself as being, would choose such a man as his personal spiritual adviser. But there is also this. If Obama goes too far in distancing himself from Wright and from Trinity United in order to shore up his "post-racial" bone fides, the less, I would think, he can rely on good old fashion identity politics to fuel large turn-outs among African Americans. I don't think he is in any danger of losing any significant share of the African American vote though. I'm only suggesting that there may be less passion among AA's if Obama is forced to go explicitly "post-racial" and disavow the things about Wright that may give him resonance with many inner city AA's. Look, for example, at how strongly Trinity has reacted to how it is being portrayed. Obama can't let himself be partying to dissing a black church as such on pain of turning off some not insignificant number of blacks who find this kind of message deeply uplifting and pertinent to their lived experience in America.

Obama actually said something quite true about this in the video response he released and in some of his other appearances. Wright belongs to a sort of wounded generation of black men who have a certain deep, and not entirely unjustified, moral indignation at American and the people who run and benefit from its oppressive structures. White America has never been and will never be comfortable with such black men. White America is only comfortable with Black men who offer them racial absolution. That is what Barack does. But he's been brilliant at simultaneously doing that and keeping all manner of African Americans on board and motivated.

But it may be that this episode will put that fully to the test. If he disses Wright too much, he loses some of the racial solidarity with the broad mass of black people that he has managed to maintained. But if he disses Wright too little, he loses some of his sheen with liberal whites as Mr. Post-Racial new hope.

It's a delicate balancing act and if he can pull it off, he will have my great admiration -- even if he still won't have my vote. On the other hand, if he can't pull it off, he may well still win the nomination, but he'll be very damaged goods and the Repugnants will have a field day with him.

I admit I have been amazed at how the media has abandoned the Clinton's for Obama, I really figured they had better control than this.  I think they took them for granted.

The post is psychobabble junk except to point out that the ride he's on can't last forever.

Quote from:
dkf

You hope its ugly you mean.

Pah. Obama is going to make things better for everyone, not because they are black or white or brown or whatever.

He is black and he is white and he has an Asian half sister. He is America and he is going to do what he can to heal this nation, so nobody feels they need to damn America any more.

dkt, there isn't a liberal on the planet Earth who's going to unite the American people short of doing so at the threat of a gun, like your buddy Stalin did.

Quote from:
sfexpat2000

Obama will not lose the black community.

Because that community, like any community that has had to survive bigotry in this country, knows exactly what he's up against.

I agree he won't lose them, but it's not for that reason.  It's because he's black and they're black.  Let's not be so PC we can't admit the obvious.

A few things about Hussein Osama.  I have to admit I have thoroughly enjoyed watching his speeches.  Yes, he's a good speaker, but even more fun is to watch the people who are at his rally’s.  They're nothing more than emotional putty.  They don't care what's he's saying, heck most of them can't tell you what he's saying, and the reason they can't tell you is not because he's not saying anything, because that's true, he's not.  They can't tell you what he's saying because it doesn't matter.  He could be up there saying "Kill Whitey!" and they'd be cheering him on and repeating it.

Hussein Osama is the ultimate Cult of Personality candidate.  These Osama people are not supporters; they're followers.  These people are a cult.  I was watching him speak one night while in my hotel room and the first thing that came to mind was "This reminds me of the films you see of the Germans listening to Hitler speak."  And it's true.  They are completely emotionally caught up in him and his ability to say words, and what the words are don't matter, it's just that it's him giving them.

Not to give the Hillary goofs any slack, they aren't that much different than the Osama followers, they're just slightly less outwardly emotional about it.  The only concern is what has always been my concern with liberals, and that is they don't think, they feel, and feelings can be deceptive.  Either of these candidates gets these people worked up and you already see how many more people are voting in the Democrat primary than the Republican.  Problem is both the thick-ankled marxist b*tch and the black muslim boy are empty suits.  McCain isn't much better.  The next four years are gonna suck either way.

But in the meanwhile, watching these libs rip each other is pure enjoyment.  :)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:07:07 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: GD-P: Select Quotes 3/17
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »
Quote from:
Bread and Circus

Bill Clinton claims he was "mugged" by the Obama campaign...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/17/clinton.bill/ind...

Bill Clinton: What happened in South Carolina a 'myth'

CNN) -- Former President Bill Clinton defended his role in his wife's presidential campaign in South Carolina, disputing claims he made race a campaign issue...

"What happened there is a total myth and a mugging" Clinton told CNN's Sean Callebs in New Orleans, Louisiana, over the weekend.

You stay classy Bill Clinton!!!

:rotf:

Quote from:
Whisp

what a pathetic ugly a**hole he's become.

maybe he was all along?

every time I see him on the tube, I smell something rotten and foul - very similar to what I experience when i see the Chimp.

**** your innuendoes, Bill.

Maybe?!?

Another piece of full joy for us as conservatives; some liberals finally realizing that the Clinton's have been dirt since they came onto the scene.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.