Author Topic: memorable moments on Skins's island, 2012  (Read 3215 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
memorable moments on Skins's island, 2012
« on: November 30, 2012, 12:19:32 PM »
Okay, we’re winding down the year, with voting to start on the Top DUmmies of 2012 in less than two days, culminating with the announcement of the top primitive on the last day of the year.

While gathering last minute nominations, perhaps it’s a good idea to think about all the exciting things that happened on Skins’s island this past year.  Of course, the excitement we wanted to see was not meant to be, the elections ending in a stalemate, preserving the status quo for at least the next two years.

It was lousy for us, but it was equally lousy for the primitives, and bound to get even worse for them.

But that’s neither here nor there at the moment; what do you consider the most exciting moments on Skins’s island the past twelve months?

There was the mountain man primitive, the “ThomWV” primitive, who finally pitched his tent at the mausoleum.  There was the going-away of poor stupid Beth, the “EFerrari” primitive, after some hijinks concerning a women’s campfire.  There was the constant drone-drone-drone of the pie-and-jam primitive, the “grasswire” primitive, and the constant yap-yap-yap of the yenta, the oblate spheroid.  And so on; I myself have probably already forgotten 90% of what happened among the primitives this year.

The event that most sticks out in this memory is that of the sudden appearance of www.electstevedawes.com in late March 2012.  I still remember the day--March 20--the hour--circa 5:00 p.m. central time--and what I was doing--drinking coffee--when lo, the always-exploring formerlurker came across this wonderful site designed by friends of the big guy, and immediately posted the information in the DUmpster. 

After which the pie-and-jam primitive on Skins’s island found it too.

It was great, it was wonderful, it was fantastic, it was awesome.

The site had come into being because the big guy was rather dilatory about getting his own site up, and his good friends decided they’d better do it themselves, if it was to get done at all.

But no good deed goes unpunished; how great the rage of the ungrateful primitives.

It’s been a fun year watching the primitives; not as fun as we’d hoped, but still pretty fun.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: memorable moments on Skins's island, 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 12:52:27 PM »
In 2012, DUmmy Redstone took up residence in Hell, having offed himself with an intentional OD.

Also, the compulsive liar Pam Dawson announced her gut rot had become a terminal disease.

The only shred of truth in Pam's announcement is the fact that life itself is a terminal condition.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »
In 2012, DUmmy Redstone took up residence in Hell, having offed himself with an intentional OD.

Actually, Chief S itting Bull passed in autumn 2011, but it wasn't until 2012 that many primitives noticed his absence.

The Greatest Primitive Ever, Chief S itting Bull, and scant recognition he got from his fellow primitives.

It still ticks me off, that the primitives are better at remembering personalities like Kephra, who sat on his ass all day long and simply copied-and-pasted news stories, and the late red round one, who was a primitive for all of eight months, and all he ever did whle there was beg for money.

It's pathetic.

When the Mount Rushmore of great primitives is finally carved out of a granite mountain somewhere in Vermont, the ugly mug of Chief S itting Bull is going to be where the face of George Washington is on the real Mount Rushmore.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 02:20:34 PM »
I have lost track,was DU 3 launched in 2012 or late 2011.
It certainly led to much hilarity as the mentally stunted were herded from one site to the other.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 02:26:10 PM »
I have lost track,was DU 3 launched in 2012 or late 2011.
It certainly led to much hilarity as the mentally stunted were herded from one site to the other.

That was in December 2011, and yes, it was funny.

Especially when the brain-damaged primitive learned his "ignore list" wouldn't transfer over; man, he was pissed.

It seemed as if his stupid "ignore list" was the family jewels or something, the way he carried on.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 06:34:49 PM »
Well I have some good news and some bad news about 2012.

Good news is that Mrs. Dawson didn't die, giving us another year of her "Oh woe is me" saga.

The bad news is that neither did Anne Pritchett.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 06:37:57 PM »
Well I have some good news and some bad news about 2012.

Good news is that Mrs. Dawson didn't die, giving us another year of her "Oh woe is me" saga.

The bad news is that neither did Anne Pritchett.

Uh huh.

The Die alte Sau, the old sow, being one of the four drek primitives, one wishes a big ol' semi down in Kansas City would have brake-slippage in front of her, thus substantially bettering the average lot of humanity.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 07:20:35 PM »
ThomWV finally assumed room temperature?  When did that happen?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 07:22:39 PM »
ThomWV finally assumed room temperature?  When did that happen?

Way back, about the beginning of the year.

He had that brain surgery, and at first it looked as if all would be okay, but then he faded.

The mountain man primitive's probably since then discovered God the Father isn't Jack, Jesus Christ isn't Bobby, and the Holy Spirit isn't Vast Teddy.
apres moi, le deluge