Author Topic: So if I understand DU correctly I'm supposed to believe:  (Read 5799 times)

Offline Doubleplusungood

Re: So if I understand DU correctly I'm supposed to believe:
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 04:39:04 AM »
What's especially funny is when they try this one:

What odd chemical reaction must be happening in the brain, when this one is posited. 

All of them outstanding, SSB.

Orwell pegged it in his book when he called it "doublespeak", the ability to hold two completely opposite thoughts in your head at the same time. There were demonstrations in praise of Big Brother for "raising" the chocolate rations when actually they had been lowered.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 07:36:15 PM »

Wow! This is a keeper! H5!!!
  :cheersmate: :cheerleader2: :cheersmate: :cheerleader2: :cheersmate: :cheerleader2:

And Elvys says, "Thank you...Thank you very much!"

"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 08:13:25 PM »
Wow! This is a keeper! H5!!!
  :cheersmate: :cheerleader2: :cheersmate: :cheerleader2: :cheersmate: :cheerleader2:

And Elvys says, "Thank you...Thank you very much!"

No charge for that. :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Reaganomica

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 05:05:26 PM »
I would say myself I don't believe half that shit and I'm on the left! Anyone that far left is living in a bubble much like Limburger being impossibly far right.