Author Topic: Dummies remember Reagan  (Read 398 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Dummies remember Reagan
« on: February 06, 2010, 03:15:03 PM »
ChoppinBroccoli  (349 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-06-10 02:28 PM
Original message
Wanna Read Something Frightening/Hilarious?

Found this as one of my friends' status messages on Facebook.

"Taken from the 'Being Conservative' fan page....."Today would have been President Reagan's 99th birthday. We've always missed him, but his current stand-in makes us miss him now more than ever. Let's hope and pray the 2010 elections bring us closer to his political philosophy. We should thank God we're Americans, not apologize to the world because we are. Happy birthday President Reagan."

I can't even BEGIN to make the list of all the things that are wrong with that paragraph.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7654276

I can't find anything wrong in that paragraph. :confused:

saigon68  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-06-10 02:49 PM
Response to Original message
6. Zombie Reagan's rotting Corpse

A stupid graphic is in this post.

:bird:

drm604  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-06-10 02:31 PM
Response to Original message
1. Who the hell is apologizing for being an American?

I can't think of anyone. :shrug:

I'll give you a hint his name is Barry.

ChoppinBroccoli  (349 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-06-10 03:12 PM
Response to Reply #10
12. Here's What I Wrote In Response To That

"My last post may have come off more confrontational than I wanted it to, but I have this odd compulsion to counter myths with truth. I figured people would prefer to know the truth rather than deify a myth, but I guess I was wrong. And since when is stating a fact "disrespect"? He's the one who did those awful things. I just pointed them out."

Oh, by the way, I didn't just post that link. I also posted a one-paragraph summary of the things Reagan did as President (expanded the size of the government, raised taxes, increased the deficit, supported amnesty for illegal immigrants, was pro-gay rights, pro-gun control, and pro-labor unions, ignored his military advisers, committed acts of treasons and violations of international law, etc.) This, apparently, was the "disrespect" I showed the God of Republicans. I DID end my post with the phrase, "THIS is the best president the Republicans can come up with? How embarrassing." Maybe THAT was the "disrespect." Beats me.

Hmmm most of the things on that list are out of your playbook.

expanded the size of the government, raised taxes, increased the deficit, supported amnesty for illegal immigrants, was pro-gay rights, pro-gun control, and pro-labor unions, ignored his military advisers
Sounds like the democrat platform.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
Re: Dummies remember Reagan
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 05:38:21 PM »
delusional.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline jukin

Re: Dummies remember Reagan
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 09:04:52 PM »
Won the cold war.

Brought America back from a white Obama.

Made an environment to produce 22 million jobs...not saved, CREATED.

By winning the cold war and pushing star wars made the clinton years possible.

etc...
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.