Author Topic: Prop 8 h8te: The great GAY lie!  (Read 3848 times)

Offline Woody

Re: Prop 8 h8te: The great GAY lie!
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 12:54:06 AM »
This is nothing to do with tolerance or acceptance.  For the most part, we tolerate and accept mainstream gays.  We may not agree with or like them, but we tolerate and accept it. 

This is about destroying culture.  Some gays have rejected the culture that didn't celebrate them, and now they seek to destroy it, just as some 'born again atheists' seek to destroy Christian culture.  It's sad and immature.
Those who see their lives as spoiled and wasted crave equality and fraternity more than they do freedom. If they clamor for freedom, it is but freedom to establish equality and uniformity. The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against others and expose our inferiority.
-Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer", 1951

Offline EaglesWings

• Just bitterly clinging to my guns and my religion!
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2008, 07:13:19 AM »
This is nothing to do with tolerance or acceptance.  For the most part, we tolerate and accept mainstream gays.  We may not agree with or like them, but we tolerate and accept it. 

This is about destroying culture.  Some gays have rejected the culture that didn't celebrate them, and now they seek to destroy it, just as some 'born again atheists' seek to destroy Christian culture.  It's sad and immature.

For whatever reason, their tactics are working.  Sadly our culture is being destroyed a little each and every day; and there seems to be little we can do to stop it.  Just look at the election as a perfect example.  Causes me to long for the days when I was younger and life was more wholesome and traditional.  Life for our children and grandchildren is going to be a REAL challenge!

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »

For whatever reason, their tactics are working.  Sadly our culture is being destroyed a little each and every day; and there seems to be little we can do to stop it.  Just look at the election as a perfect example.  Causes me to long for the days when I was younger and life was more wholesome and traditional.  Life for our children and grandchildren is going to be a REAL challenge!
It seems like humans continually go through the same cycle...depend on God, be greatly blessed, stop depending on Him, turn from Him, lose the blessings, cry out to God, depend on God, repeat...  It's amazing that He continues to care for us. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline EaglesWings

• Just bitterly clinging to my guns and my religion!
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 07:56:10 AM »
It seems like humans continually go through the same cycle...depend on God, be greatly blessed, stop depending on Him, turn from Him, lose the blessings, cry out to God, depend on God, repeat...  It's amazing that He continues to care for us. 

MrsSmith, you got that right!  It is a wonder that He hasn't turned completely away from this nation.  Let's hope that He doesn't; and let's hope we soon, as a nation, turn back to Him--the quicker the better!