Author Topic: Hawaii switching to digital TV early for the birds  (Read 858 times)

Offline RobJohnson

Hawaii switching to digital TV early for the birds
« on: November 11, 2008, 01:30:14 AM »
HONOLULU – Hawaii will switch to digital TV faster than the rest of the country to make way for an endangered, volcano-dwelling bird.

Most of the state will switch to digital TV on Jan. 15, more than a month ahead of the nationwide mandatory conversion Feb. 17. Federal wildlife officials recommended hastening the transition so that the Hawaiian petrel's nesting season on the slopes of Maui's Haleakala volcano won't be disrupted by the destruction of the old analog transmission towers nearby.

Interesting.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081110/ap_on_re_us/digital_transition_bird

The pay tv companies have got to be loving all of this transition, I am sure they are gaining alot of new subscribers out of "fear"

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Hawaii switching to digital TV early for the birds
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 12:27:30 PM »
Actually I don't blame them. Most of the birds you see on the islands are not native. Very, very few native birds are left, and I can see where anything that might help preserve whats left should be done.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.