Author Topic: Palin says Obama 'palling around' with terrorists  (Read 2221 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Palin says Obama 'palling around' with terrorists
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:17:25 PM »
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on Saturday accused Democrat Barack Obama of "palling around with terrorists" because of his association with a former 1960s radical, stepping up the campaign's effort to portray Obama as unacceptable to American voters.
Palin's reference was to Bill Ayers, one of the founders of the group the Weather Underground. Its members took credit for bombings, including nonfatal explosions at the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol, during the tumultuous Vietnam War era four decades ago. Obama, who was a child when the group was active, served on a charity board with Ayers several years ago and has denounced his radical views and activities.

The Republican campaign, falling behind Obama in polls, plans to make attacks on Obama's character a centerpiece of presidential candidate John McCain's message with a month remaining before Election Day.

Palin told a group of donors at a private airport, "Our opponent ... is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect, imperfect enough, that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country." She also said, "This is not a man who sees America as you see America and as I see America."

Palin, Alaska's governor, said that donors on a greeting line had encouraged her and McCain to get tougher on Obama. She said an aide then advised her, "Sarah, the gloves are off, the heels are on, go get to them."

The escalated effort to attack Obama's character dovetails with TV ads by outside groups questioning Obama's ties to Ayers, convicted former Obama fundraiser Antoin "Tony" Rezko and Obama's former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93JSBFO0&show_article=1
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

Re: Palin says Obama 'palling around' with terrorists
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 06:40:04 PM »
And this is wrong how? It's a known fact Omamamaba is good friends with people that love to blow shit up and would more then likely do it again.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 07:23:05 PM »
Well, despite how the media will spin it, it's true. In everybody's mind who knows the facts, Ayers is in fact a domestic terrorists.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 07:25:54 PM »

she's right.  he is "palling around with terrorists".  despite the MSM gnashing their teeth, it's true.

Offline TrueConservative

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 08:05:21 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/04/us/politics/04ayers.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

NYT link
They did an article today, but it was very flowery for Ayers and Obama...what would you expect?
Home of the FREE because of the Brave

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »
About damn time
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 06:18:20 AM »
Dammit, where is that Missouri truth squad!!! /DUmmie mode
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 10:28:20 AM »
Meet the Press just showed the clip of her speech...

She prefaced her comments regarding Obama and Ayers with ....."There seems to be a lot of interest in what I read....so I was reading the NYT.....and it happened to mention our opponet's association with a known domestic terrorist......"
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 11:12:59 AM »
And the MSM is already in full Barack-ass-covering spin mode, trying to claim that mere mention of it is somehow racist.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 12:02:54 PM »
I am glad to see the Repubs take the gloves off. Unleash Sarah barracuda on this left leaning and Marxist lover who is a danger to our freedoms and our economy. .

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 02:11:12 PM »
Palin: Obama Began His Political Career In Terrorist’s Living Room
Posted by Scott Conroy| 10

(CBS)From CBS News' Scott Conroy:

(SAN FRANCISCO) Before her campaign plane took off for a Sunday fundraiser here, CBS News asked Sarah Palin to respond to an analysis by the Associated Press that concluded her attempts to establish a friendship between Barack Obama and Weather Underground member William Ayers were “unsubstantiated and carried a racially tinged subtext that John McCain himself may come to regret.”

"The Associated Press is wrong,” Palin said. “The comments are about an association that has been known but hasn't been talked about, and I think it’s fair to talk about where Barack Obama kicked off his political career, in the guy's living room.”

Palin was referring to an event that Ayers hosted for Obama early in the Illinois senator’s career. But the AP notes, “No evidence shows they were ‘pals’ or even close when they worked on community boards years ago and Ayers hosted a political event for Obama early in his career.”

In what the AP called “a deliberate attempt to smear Obama” in a way that was “exaggerated at best if not outright false” and at a time when the McCain campaign has been losing ground in the polls, Palin on Saturday told an enormous crowd in Carson, California, that Obama “sees America as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists.”

Palin repeated her string of highly personal attacks against Obama’s character and judgment at two private fundraisers throughout the day, even as she lamented that CBS News’ Katie Couric asked her questions in a series of interviews that made her think, “C’mon, let’s start talking to the American people about the issues you guys want to know about.”

Palin on Saturday painted Obama as someone who “is not a man who sees America as you and I see America,” and on Sunday, Palin did not back down an inch in hammering the Democratic nominee.

“And he, of course, having been associated with that group, a known domestic terrorist group, it's important for Americans to know,” she told CBS News. “It’s really important for Americans to start knowing who the real Barack Obama is."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10/05/politics/fromtheroad/entry4502414.shtml

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 04:37:45 PM »
Go Sarah.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 08:42:16 AM »
Jesus, it's about damned time the McCain woke up and smelled the coffee.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 09:02:43 AM »
Saturday's NYT had an Ayers/Obama story.

Basically, it tried to play down the association.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 09:14:25 AM »
Saturday's NYT had an Ayers/Obama story.

Basically, it tried to play down the association.

Would you expect anything different from the NYT? Or the MSM making sniping remarks like "Sarah reads the NYT?"

Gets me sick. Just saw the Obama-ites are now starting the Keating attacks against McCain. This is going to get really ugly.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 09:19:31 AM »
Palin just gave a speech to a huge outdoor crowd in Clearwater FL......it was broadcast on FoxNews. Lieberman introduced her.

She again referenced Obama's connection to Ayers.....and referred to "while reading the NYT"...the crowd roared.

How many of us were taught as children, and have taught our own children...that you are judged by the company you keep?

She also said that he's friends with whoever can advance his career.

She said too, that she was glad she was helping Tina Fey's career back on SNL.

Click those ruby slippers, Sarah!!! :bow:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 09:23:21 AM »
She's greyt, isn't she? She's becoming as good of an attack dog as Cheney, but she does it with a smile and a wink. I wish they had unleashed her earlier. Here's hoping there's still enough time for her to work her magic. Go Saracuda!

Offline seemomgonuts

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 11:09:17 AM »
I was AT the rally on Saturday. She kicked serious butt!!!  :hyper: One thing she wasn't though? Racist. In any way. I fail to see how talking about Obama's associates is racist, but then, not voting for BO is racist- even if you are a Republican, so take that how you will.

She had the crowd SO fired up....at one point she could have said "I like ice cream!" and the crowd would have cheered!  :hyper: There were so many people there, we got there early and there was a line around the stadium. I got to meet John Voight, who was gracious enough to give me a hug and take a pic with me. There were protesters there, but they got shouted at right back....that was entertaining. The only protester I talked to was the one holding the "Jesus was a community organizer" sign. Nothing pisses me off more than that statement.

I want to go to another rally now SO bad! I am certainly fired up now though, ready to make more calls today!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 11:41:50 AM »
I was AT the rally on Saturday. She kicked serious butt!!!  :hyper: One thing she wasn't though? Racist. In any way. I fail to see how talking about Obama's associates is racist, but then, not voting for BO is racist- even if you are a Republican, so take that how you will.

She had the crowd SO fired up....at one point she could have said "I like ice cream!" and the crowd would have cheered!  :hyper: There were so many people there, we got there early and there was a line around the stadium. I got to meet John Voight, who was gracious enough to give me a hug and take a pic with me. There were protesters there, but they got shouted at right back....that was entertaining. The only protester I talked to was the one holding the "Jesus was a community organizer" sign. Nothing pisses me off more than that statement.

I want to go to another rally now SO bad! I am certainly fired up now though, ready to make more calls today!

And may God go with you for those calls.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline TrueConservative

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 05:01:59 PM »
Hannity hit the nail on the head Sunday night with his Hannity's America Report-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVIl-yrfmpU

Watch it and pass it along to everyone you know.
Home of the FREE because of the Brave

Offline EaglesWings

• Just bitterly clinging to my guns and my religion!
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 10:36:25 PM »
I agree that it is about time for McCain/Palin to take off the gloves.  There is too much on the line for McCain to play Mr. Nice Guy!
Sean Hannity has been reporting on this Bill Ayers connection for a year now.  It is so disturbing that our MSM is so biased that they no longer will report the truth.  They are actually actively trying to keep the truth from the American people.  We need to band together and rise up and overcome their influence and get out the vote!!!  Let's show them what we are made of!!!!!!