Author Topic: House Speaker Pelosi Used Political Donations to Pay Husband's Firm  (Read 1228 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
WASHINGTON —  House Speaker Nancy Pelosi paid her husband's real estate and investment firm nearly $100,000 from her political action committee over the past decade, a practice that she voted to ban last year and that her party condemned as part of the "culture of corruption" when Republicans did it.

The Washington Times is reporting that the California Democrat's husband, Paul F. Pelosi, owns Financial Leasing Services Inc., which has received $99,000 in rent, utilities and accounting fees from the speaker's "PAC to the Future" over the PAC's nine-year history.

Last year, Pelosi supported a bill that would have banned members of Congress from putting spouses on their campaign staffs. The bill banned not only direct payments by congressional campaign committees and PACs to spouses for services including consulting and furndraising, but also "indirect compensation," such as payments to companies that employ spouses.

The bill passed the House in a voice vote but died in a Senate committee.

Last week, Pelosi's office defended the payments, saying they were legal because she is compensating her husband at fair market value for the work his firm has performed for the PAC.

Ethical watchdogs called Pelosi's arrangement "problematic."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,431204,00.html
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: House Speaker Pelosi Used Political Donations to Pay Husband's Firm
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
"The American people voted to restore integrity and honesty in Washington, D.C., and the Democrats intend to lead the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history . . ."   
                                                              --- Nancy Pelosi, Election night, 2006.

Link

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 11:25:29 AM »
I wonder how that swamp draining is going?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 11:41:09 AM »
Relax! It isn't as if she were a republican.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 11:55:41 AM »
Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 11:56:44 AM »
Pelosi Says She Would Drain GOP 'Swamp'

By DAVID ESPO
The Associated Press
Friday, October 6, 2006; 1:58 AM

WASHINGTON -- Franklin Roosevelt had his first hundred days.

House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi is thinking 100 hours, time enough, she says, to begin to "drain the swamp" after more than a decade of Republican rule.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/06/AR2006100600056.html

:whatever:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 04:47:42 PM »
The bigger the swamp, the bigger the snake eh Nancy?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 05:09:41 PM »
This has been all over Fox News the last 3 hours....... :lmao:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 05:48:14 PM »
"PAC to the Future"

She should have to pay a fine just for using that stupid-assed name.  :lmao:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 06:32:02 PM »
I bet the rest of the money went to her plastic surgeon. She should get a refund.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle