Author Topic: Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae Receive Subpoenas  (Read 993 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae Receive Subpoenas
« on: September 30, 2008, 10:42:09 AM »

pelosi left freddie and fannie out of the area that she said that congress was going to investigate due
to "bush administration mismanagement".  this is significant because pelosi had promised house members
cover for freddie and fannie, but also because bawney fwank, chris dodd, and The BarackStar! are all
suddenly not quite as comfortable at they were yesterday.

Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae Receive Subpoenas

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the mortgage finance giants that were taken over by the government this month, said Monday that they were subpoenaed for documents as part of federal grand jury investigations into their accounting.

The United States attorney’s office for the Southern District of New York subpoenaed the two companies on Friday for documents related to accounting, disclosure and corporate governance dating from Jan. 1, 2007, to the present.

The Securities and Exchange Commission is also investigating these matters and directing the companies to preserve the documents, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac said.

Both companies said they would cooperate.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation said last week that it was expanding its inquiry of possible corporate fraud related to the mortgage market collapse to include Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers and the giant insurer American International Group.

Link

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae Receive Subpoenas
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 03:48:11 PM »

Above: Latest recycling initiative at Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae begins today.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 04:42:29 PM »
The stock price on shredders just went up.

Offline md11hydmec

• plane doc
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 07:37:04 AM »
This will die a quick death and the MSM will not touch it for fear of angering lord pelosi*(I figure the loons do that to President Bush, I may as well do that to pelosi*)
"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."-----John Galt, Atlas Shrugged