Author Topic: It's the WE Happy Hour Thread for 10/31!! H5's if your week was as bad as mine  (Read 19578 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Schad is here, but it remains to be seen if she is willing to speak to us. :whatever:

:-)

hell, if THAT won't work, nothing will. :uhsure:

Offline djones520

Schad is here, but it remains to be seen if she is willing to speak to us. :whatever:

hell, if THAT won't work, nothing will. :uhsure:

Maybe get CrazyHorse in here talking about leather and whips?   :evillaugh:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Wretched Excess

Well, with Schadenfreude here, we might make the last 85 we need.

precisely my thinking, my friend.

(and I am sure I said so somewhere . . .  :-)  )

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Well I stayed at work every night this week until 9pm (I work a normal 8-5). I'm counting my blessings because there is so much work to do but they are really kicking my behind! I spent all week cleaning up the paperwork nightmare left behind by a co-worker who quit. She gave less than two weeks notice because she was going to have to wait and start 3 weeks later if she didn't get take the slot in the new hire group right away.

She doesn't think we know that but we're not stupid. Besides she let it slip and then had the nerve to show up one day this week to see how we were all doing. She's 22 and this was her first real job. No offense to any of our younger members but, there is something called professional decorum and she's yet to learn it.

Anyway, I'm glad she's gone for many reasons. I've just been forced to bite my tongue all week because another co-worker is really good friends with her. I'm suffering in silence. Well almost, I finally had to tell the owner about some of the major errors she made and explain to him why things are messed up.

There is some major office politics going on and I'm just emotionally exhausted. The upside is that I was asked to take the departed co-workers job which is a bit of a promotion for me because I will be doing the same duties but directly for the owner who has four times the amount of clients and business I have been dealing with on another team. And, I've been tasked with untangling all of the ugly knots that have accumulated for a long time. I may not survive until then though!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 08:10:00 PM by DixieBelle »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline ReardenSteel

I got dumped this week.  :(  I'm already drinking.   :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Wretched Excess

Well I stayed at work every night this week until 9pm (I work a normal 8-5). I'm counting my blessings because there is so much work to do but they are really kicking my behind! I spent all week cleaning up the paperwork nightmare left behind by a co-worker who quit. She gave less than two weeks notice because she was going to have to wait and start 3 weeks later if she didn't get take the slot in the new hire group right away.

She doesn't think we know that but we're not stupid. Besides she let it slip and then had the nerve to show up one day this week to see how we were all doing. She's 22 and this was her first real job. No offense to any of our younger members but, there is something called professional decorum and she's yet to learn it.

Anyway, I'm glad she's gone for many reasons. I've just been forced to bite my tongue all week because another co-worker is really good friends with her. I'm suffering in silence. Well almost, I finally had to tell the owner about some of the major errors she made and explain to him why things are messed up.

There is some major office politics going on and I'm just emotionally exhausted. The upside is that I was asked to take the departed co-workers job which is a bit of a promotion for me because I will be doing the same duties but directly for the owner who has four times the amount of clients and business I have been dealing with on another team. And, I've been tasked with untangling all of the ugly knots that have accumulated for a long time. I may not survive until then though!!

OK, you get a bonus +5 H5.  like you needed it. :whatever:

Offline Wretched Excess

I got dumped this week.  :(  I'm already drinking.   :-)

I feel your pain.  +5 for you, too, pal.   :cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

There is some major office politics going on and I'm just emotionally exhausted. The upside is that I was asked to take the departed co-workers job which is a bit of a promotion for me and I've beek tasked with untangling all of the ugly knots. I may not survive until then though!!

None taken, Dixie.  I see the lack of decorum among co-workers in my age group as extremely predominant, which is why I'm not fond of hanging out with people my age or younger.  The only ones I do remain friends with are CR's whose parents raised them properly.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

There is some major office politics going on and I'm just emotionally exhausted. The upside is that I was asked to take the departed co-workers job which is a bit of a promotion for me and I've beek tasked with untangling all of the ugly knots. I may not survive until then though!!

We had a married couple in our shop back in Misawa.  The OIC at that time pretty much let them run things.  They where in charge of pretty much all our major programs.  They moved to a new base about 6 months before a HUGE inspection.  Everyone had nothing but great things to say about these people.  Everyone loved them.  

Now...  we where below minimal manning at that time (3 Active Duty 1 Civilian in a 10 man shop), and going through stuff making sure we're ready to go for the inspection, we find out that this couple hadn't touched a thing in the last 2 years.  We had about a years worth of work with a full staff, to get done in 6 months with not even half the man power.

This was also going on while N. Korea was doing that stupid shit with the missiles and nukes, so we where spending a lot of time doing 24 hour ops, getting ready to go to war at the drop of a hat.

Suffice to say, you'll never hear a good word about that couple come from the 4 of us ever again.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Dammit................I need a whipping and there is only one that can do it
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
The day wasn't a total waste. A guy I work with came as Joe the Plumber for Halloween today and pissed off the resident moonbats. He kept muttering something about needing to roto-rooter D.C. if Obama wins. :-)

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
ACC you are in the costume......................

:picsneeded:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline ReardenSteel

I feel your pain.  +5 for you, too, pal.   :cheersmate:

I was fairly uncerimonious and sudden with broiler plate "let's be friends". All I will say about it is that we were not together long at all and she went back to an old goofball ex she was with for years. (But not with in the last few months and we were only dating for a couple weeks)

Always sucks to be dumped but in a month (more or less) I'll be thinking of it as a cool 4 night stand.  :lmao: (just not this week... to abrupt an ending)

On edit:
Thanks for the H5, lol
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 08:21:16 PM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Wretched Excess

I agree completely.  we have got to have a pic.  otherwise, ACC, i will google up all of those tinkerbell pics*. :uhsure: :-)

*kidding, of course.  oh, wait, are they still around? :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
We had a married couple in our shop back in Misawa.  The OIC at that time pretty much let them run things.  They where in charge of pretty much all our major programs.  They moved to a new base about 6 months before a HUGE inspection.  Everyone had nothing but great things to say about these people.  Everyone loved them.  

Now...  we where below minimal manning at that time (3 Active Duty 1 Civilian in a 10 man shop), and going through stuff making sure we're ready to go for the inspection, we find out that this couple hadn't touched a thing in the last 2 years.  We had about a years worth of work with a full staff, to get done in 6 months with not even half the man power.

This was also going on while N. Korea was doing that stupid shit with the missiles and nukes, so we where spending a lot of time doing 24 hour ops, getting ready to go to war at the drop of a hat.

Suffice to say, you'll never hear a good word about that couple come from the 4 of us ever again.
damn!

Yeah, I'm subtly trying to change the owner's starry-eyed opinion regarding the departed co-worker. I'm just stressed beyond belief because of the mess and dysfunction in general. I have to bite my tongue daily because I just want to line everyone up and say, "Stop it!" I can't believe how bass-akwards they can be.

I'll whip 'em into shape eventually. Come hell or high water. :-)

Offline Miss Mia

I'm home.  Took my dad out to dinner at his favorite catfish place.  We watched a bit of the teevee together and he just left.  I'm enjoying a nice cold beer.

As for my week, see the "WTF???" thread in the Cryin' in my Beer forum. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

damn!

Yeah, I'm subtly trying to change the owner's starry-eyed opinion regarding the departed co-worker. I'm just stressed beyond belief because of the mess and dysfunction in general. I have to bite my tongue daily because I just want to line everyone up and say, "Stop it!" I can't believe how bass-akwards they can be.

I'll whip 'em into shape eventually. Come hell or high water. :-)

that's easy.  once someone leaves, just blame everything that happens on that person.  I don't understand the controversy. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

I'm home.  Took my dad out to dinner at his favorite catfish place.  We watched a bit of the teevee together and he just left.  I'm enjoying a nice cold beer.

As for my week, see the "WTF???" thread in the Cryin' in my Beer forum. 

you aren't getting the bonus H5's unless it sucked more today. :bird:

Offline Miss Mia

you aren't getting the bonus H5's unless it sucked more today. :bird:

Ahh, well today was actually okay.  I think my boss must have taken her valium this morning.

Oh, and no trick or treaters, the light is out on the front porch and my doorbell doesn't work anyways.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline ReardenSteel

What is everyone drinkin' (if you are) this fine "happy hour" anyway.

My usual 7&7 is tonight a Segrams 7 sans the 7 Up.  :p

cheers  :cheersmate:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Schadenfreude

Ooops, I misread your post.  :-)

Hah! Very fricking funny!

Ok Ass Peeps, I am here.  :evillaugh:

Make me laugh. I dare ya!  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator

What he said!!!!

Offline Wretched Excess

Ahh, well today was actually okay.  I think my boss must have taken her valium this morning.

Oh, and no trick or treaters, the light is out on the front porch and my doorbell doesn't work anyways.  :)

no bonus for you.  :-*

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator

I can`t show that picture in public.

Offline Wretched Excess

okay . . .

what's the worst part of rollerblading?

explaining to your parents that you are gay.

:rofl:

I heard that one today, and it killed me for some reason.