Author Topic: Let's get something straight about the Mueller Report...  (Read 144 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Let's get something straight about the Mueller Report...
« on: April 01, 2023, 08:52:07 AM »
Pototan (70 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217780629

Let's get something straight about the Mueller Report...It did not exonerate Trump.

The report was split into two parts. In part one, the report outlined that because of the lack of cooperation by witnesses encouraged by the Trump administration, they could not prove collusion "beyond a reasonable doubt".

In part two, the report detailed all the obstruction of justice by the administration and Trump, himself.

As a result, AG Barr came up with one of the most novel of judicial theories in summarizing the Report.

"You can't charge obstruction without first proving the underlying charge".

What ****ing nonsense. The whole purpose of a criminal obstructing justice is to prevent the investigators from obtaining the evidence to prove a charge. In other words, AG Barr says that no charges can be brought against a subject if they successfully obstruct justice.

And the morons bought it.

:whatever:

Escurumbele (2,861 posts)

2. That report must be made public, I am hoping that when the investigations are completed on

the stolen documents and January 6, 2021, that the DOJ will make the FULL report public.

Star Member Martin Eden (11,982 posts)

6. The fact that the US AG can make such a ludicrous assertion and retain his job

Is an indictment against our government officials.

Barr acted more like the personal attorney for an utterly corrupt POtuS than a servant of the people. He finally resigned when he encountered an ethical line even he wouldn't cross, but that does not absolve him of previous conduct.

Star Member gab13by13 (15,709 posts)

13. Your summary is incomplete

Mueller indicted or got guilty pleas from 34 people, many of Trump's allies, and 3 companies.

Mueller laid out the evidence to indict "individual one" what DA Bragg is doing right now. Mueller laid out evidence to indict trump for 10 obstruction of justice crimes, from Andrew Weissman's lips, who was on the team. Mueller did not indict trump for individual one or for the 10 obstruction of justice crimes because Trump was a sitting president, he would have indicted Trump.

No one to this day has given me a good reason why Merrick Garland passed on indicting Trump after Trump left office.
I cannot understand why people here bash Robert Mueller who was constrained by Bill Barr but criticize me when I ask the questions why did Merrick Garland not indict Trump for the evidence provided by Mueller, and why did Merrick Garland fail to investigate Trump and his inner circle for 12 to 18 months after the J6 insurrection?

Just think if Garland had indicted "individual one" a much easier case to prove based on federal law, we could have had a Trump trial before the 2024 election, now we will not. Thank you Alvin Bragg for picking up the ball that Garland dropped.

Star Member Botany (67,476 posts)

14. Barr and Rosenstein ran a game on Mueller

Rosenstein told Mueller he was limited to looking @ Trump and Russia and when Mueller
turned up real dirt on Trump and Russia Barr shut it down with his rule that you can't indict
a sitting President. Mueller did show 10 solid obstruction of justice charges against Trump
but Garland choose not to go after those charges.

We need to see the whole unredacted Mueller Report.

Star Member Prairie_Seagull (1,471 posts)

15. The republicans are knocking down guard rails at the state (of some states) level as we speek.

Serious overreach and is dangerous to our form of government. We can lay this too at the feet of tfg. This needs to have electoral consequences. Can we put the genie back in the bottle? It is looking like we are going to seriously try. If past is prologue Muller taught us hoping for the best is not a good tactic.

Star Member Fiendish Thingy (12,248 posts)

19. Something else folks need to get straight about the Meuller report:

It didn’t provide a road map for a “slam dunk” prosecution of Trump for obstruction.

Out of 14 potential obstruction charges, only 4 potentially met all three legal requirements for conviction on obstruction.

And then Bill Barr worked his magic to taint any future prosecution.

Bragg is just the first shot in the war.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Online Old n Grumpy

Re: Let's get something straight about the Mueller Report...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 10:46:26 AM »
These dumb shits are digging deep they seem to forget the sham investigation led no where.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

Re: Let's get something straight about the Mueller Report...
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 10:51:17 AM »
As a result, AG Barr came up with one of the most novel of judicial theories in summarizing the Report.

"You can't charge obstruction without first proving the underlying charge".

What is novel about stating that there is no illegal obstruction if there has been no crime? Much as DU-folk might wish otherwise, self-defense is not illegal.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.