Author Topic: Plea to End Open Displays of Racist Hate Speech on Ron Paul Forums  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=92585
Ilhaguru
 OFF TOPIC[Site Related]: Blatant Displays of Hate on the Forums
Ok, I know about the "rights" issue with people who are racist bigots, anti-semitic, and other examples of this sort of stupidity.

YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO THESE VIEWS. I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO NOT ONLY DISAGREE COMPLETELY WITH THESE VIEWS, BUT ALSO HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THESE VIEWS.

What does this forum believe? Should these people be allowed to express these hateful views and use this website as a means to spread them or should we restrict this site to the message of freedom and individuality, of justice and peace? Should we allow these people to use this site as a means to spread views that are the EXACT OPPOSITE to the views that gave rise to this grassroots movement, of which this site owes its existence?

What would Ron Paul do if someone posted anti-semitic comments on the widget on his website?

Moderators and site owners/administrators: ban blatant displays of hate! I trust you to come up with the best and most fair way to accomplish this.

There are potential voters viewing this site and many are being turned off by some blatant displays of hate. Enough is enough, stop letting these hypocrites hijack our message as if they supported it!
Gee. No one at RPF believe the Newsletter story, but when RP supporters say the same things...
ambiguousscion
I think the message should be erased and the member should be banned... keep in mind that people may come to this website and think that we are all racists/bigots/etc because of what some small minded person said. If they want to speak their piece somewhere else they can go to a KKK rally or White Guys-R-Us group meeting.
Rebel Resource

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilhaguru View Post
Anti-semitism as insinuated by the poster, not the author. If the author is Jewish he cannot be anti-semitic by default.
Most of what is claimed to be anti-semitism is nothing of the kind --- its criticism of the state of Israel or a cabal of Jews sharing the US-Israeli imperial agenda.
Denial. Its not just a river in Egypt.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Plea to End Open Displays of Racist Hate Speech on Ron Paul Forums
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 04:03:57 PM »
Dr. Nuts. The gift that keeps on giving.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 04:38:47 PM »
Seems like they are more concerned about appearances than substance.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 05:24:30 PM »
ambiguousscion
I think the message should be erased and the member should be banned...

Great idea. Someone send a note along to Drudge, "Ron Paul banned from Ron Paul forum".  :-) (nice little headline eh?)  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 05:26:49 PM »
ambiguousscion
I think the message should be erased and the member should be banned...

Great idea. Someone send a note along to Drudge, "Ron Paul banned from Ron Paul forum".  :-) (nice little headline eh?)  :-)

Kind of like back on "3rd Rock" where Sally used her power as a Board member to kick herself out of the complex.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.