Author Topic: How is "we ain't bin attacked in 7 years a bragging point"  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
How is "we ain't bin attacked in 7 years a bragging point"
« on: February 01, 2008, 08:56:46 AM »
And now the ramblings of MoPaul

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2802217

Philosoraptor  (1000+ posts)     Fri Feb-01-08 08:28 AM
Original message
How is 'we ain't bin attacked in 7 yrs' a bragging point?
 About these advertisementsI love it when repub assholes pull this lame 'bragging point' about the bush presidency.

DUMB****S, nine eleven happened ON HIS WATCH.

Did he find the perp? **** no.

Is Osama still out there threatening us? That's what bush would have you believe.

Will bush retire and drag this bragging point along with him everywhere he goes? **** yes. Like it's something to be proud of.

Will we be attacked AGAIN before he leaves office? Well, I guess that's up to him, and it's also up to him whether to warn us or not, he chose not to last time.

IanDB1  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-01-08 08:30 AM
Response to Original message
1. We also haven't been hit by an asteroid. That makes Bush The Asteroid President. n/t

I see the check and meds must have arrived early this month.................as they all seem to be poo flinging

lpbk2713  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-01-08 08:34 AM
3. I wouldn't be surprised to learn they have a MIHOP Plan in the works.

For when the BushCo Regime is dethroned. Blackwater will no longer have the role they

have now and it will be in their interest to do something to drum up more business.

Squatch  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-01-08 08:34 AM
4. Well...not being attacked in nearly 7 years is a good thing, in my book.
 It's not a validation of Bush's foreign policy, but a positive point, nonetheless.

Ouch......................all the poo flinging seems no longer random, yet should have a more focused target.

CJCRANE (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-01-08 08:57 AM
Response to Reply #4
9. Did Clinton or Gore 
 say the same thing in 2000?

No, they just did their jobs.

WTC, USS Cole, Kobar, Tanzania, Kenya, OKC.....

tuvor  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-01-08 09:00 AM
Response to Reply #4
10. Of course, you must overlook the anthrax attacks to believe that.

Squatch  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-01-08 09:21 AM
Response to Reply #10
14. Thse were probably fomented by some home-grown
 disgruntled American and not a result of foreign policy

tuvor  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-01-08 09:38 AM
Response to Reply #14
18. Not sure why the national origin of the anthrax attack matters.
 And I'm sure it makes no practical difference to those affected.

Just pointing out that bush cannot claim there were no terrorist attacks on US soil after 9/11.

Cosmocat (939 posts)     Fri Feb-01-08 09:24 AM
Original message
a couple of points ... 
 First, noting that 9-11 happened on his watch to ANY right winger is useless, they have LONG let themselves be programmed to believe it was Clinton's fault that it occurred ... You can't bring them back to reality any way possible, it is all based on mirky ratinonales that Clinton was a pwussy, therefor they saw us as weak, therefor they attacked us ... Doesn't matter ONE iota that it was 9 months into Bush's presidency ...

Second, you can note that the first WTC bombing, that everyone involved with it was brought to justice and is either dead or in prison for the rest of their lives, and every word that you say won't even penetrate their heads ...

Third, you can note that OBL, the man behind 9-11 to this day is free and draws air, and not a word you say will even begin to enter their head ..

russian33  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-01-08 08:53 AM
7. there was that little dust up with anthrax too
 no pun intended

lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-01-08 08:53 AM
8. How does one brag over a speck in time? emphasis on does.
 And get away with it? 

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-01-08 09:02 AM
11. I've asked that several times
 More proof of the complete inversion of reality. What's more all the MSM hacks bought it lock, stock and barrel.

zbdent (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-01-08 09:19 AM
12. History repeats itself ... the Right Wing media pundits blamed Clinton
 for the WTC attack in 1993, just about a month after Clinton took office ... and then were screaming about how he hadn't "caught" the perps who perpetrated the attack ... despite the fact that they WERE captured ... and ObL hasn't been captured ...

Hoyt (27 posts)      Fri Feb-01-08 09:19 AM
13. We went 8 years after the 1993 WTC bombing 
 without an attack within our borders -- then along came bush. And we didn't have to kill thousands of innocent people (including our guys), become international barbarians, torture, make war profiteers rich, create tens of thousand more "terrorists", etc., to do it.

Pure luck. And despite the biggest manhunt in history (directed by bush), Bin Laden is still free and laughing at bush.

I still remember Tom Ridge in his "retirement" speech saying "thank God we haven't been hit again" as he knocked on the wooden podium

ProfessorGAC  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-01-08 09:26 AM
Response to Reply #13
17. See My Post
 Edited on Fri Feb-01-08 09:27 AM by ProfessorGAC
Just below yours. I said the same thing. I just had a phone call and didn't send if for a few minutes. We had to be writing it at the same time
The Professor

ProfessorGAC  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-01-08 09:24 AM
16. First Of All, It's Only Six and a Half Years
 Secondly, we went 102 months between the first bombing of the WTC and 9/11.

And the repukes said that it was because Clinton did it wrong by handling it as a law enforcement issues, instead of a defense issue. (Or they might say he did NOTHING!)

So, we can do it completely wrong (a sign of failure) and go 102 months, but 77 months is proof of success?

Duh!
The Professor

:mental:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.