Author Topic: Zbigniew primitive tries to stir primitives into action; fails  (Read 1748 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3493450

Oh my.

The Zbigniew primitive, although I don't know if it's the husband or the wife; they have one of those marriages that involves "ultimate sharing," even of a single screen-name.

nadinbrzezinski  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-20-08 08:11 PM
Original message

ACTUAL tactics   

ok, ok, so many of you have come to the realization that many of us reached a while ago... so it is time to discuss how you deal with this

Yep, we can vote them out... good luck for the moment on that one...

So here is what I want you to do

Seat down and take stock of WHAT YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW in peaceful resistance.

There are things you can do.

1.- Reduce YOUR consumption to essentials... Yes it will hurt the economy but it is good and valid form of resistance... yes me biking is a form of active resistance, for example.

2.- Even if you are in a right to work state start looking for ways to get unions going... and if you are not, see how you can get a union where you are.

3.- GIVE whatever you can afford not to your local dem, but to those who actually voted against this... even the LONE republican... and chiefly LET THEM KNOW... and a few bucks here and there... may make a difference. After all, they need a lot of money... and need that corporate money... but if we the little people start doing that... it MAY, don't guarantee it, change how bidenzz is done.

4.- Many ways of civil NON violent resistance are out there and I will list some of them. I must add some of these are obvious, some are not

A.- Create Community... in our modern America this is a revolutionary act

B.- Be vocal but be careful... silence gives them consent

C.- Work slowdowns... and if it is only you, your work is at risk... if everybody in the plant does it... there you go

D.- Seat ins....

E.- Flash Mobs... yes a new way of doing things but effective.

F.- Regional and National strikes... yes it is time to go there, been there for a while... and DO SUPPORT those who go on strike, like the Dock workers did on May first.

F.- It is dark, it is always darkest before the dawn, but throwing your hands up is exactly what they expect from you... and been there, done that... and I must admit, this didn't shock me.. I expected it... It is part of the process and at this point you have to start thinking that you live behind enemy lines

Oh and in November make sure you vote... again they're counting on you not voting.. but follow your conscience... hell my rep is making it hard... she will not do impeachment but voted to preserve the fourth amendment ... and most importantly, stay close to family and friends, as the times are going to get even darker.

Oh and there are many other ways to resist... and you have to be creative... and realize... the time for pitchforks is now, it is just how you go about it and I do hope we can manage without reaching for the fourth box, but at this point I am not sure.

Take care and whatever you do... DON'tT give in... you can resist... it is how you skin the cat.

nadinbrzezinski  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-20-08 08:22 PM
Response to Original message

1. Kick

nadinbrzezinski  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-20-08 08:44 PM

2. another kick

tom_paine  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-20-08 08:49 PM

3. K & R

nadinbrzezinski  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-20-08 09:04 PM
Original message

Kick, because it is important

nadinbrzezinski  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-20-08 09:04 PM

4. Kick, because it is important

note: there are actually two at 9:04; franksolich himself did not double post

haele  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-20-08 09:16 PM

5. Kick for the Underground -

The sad thing is that we've taught the majority of our nation that "History is Booooring". Even those who should know better want to deny the patterns of human activity that have been developing over the past 40 years.
We're teetering on the edge, but until we actually slide over the abyss, there's always time to force a step aside. If we don't, there will be decimation and bloodshed on our soil.

Remember, even during the worse times of the Depression, the Civil War, heck, the beginning of our country, there was both good and bad side by side. The last time we had a crisis like this, Roosevelt was able to play both the struggling poor and the still comfortable working class together to hold Fascism at bay. If the Corporations get there way, eventually we will have either another Dark Ages or another French Revolution. And neither are pretty.

There should also be a focus on convincing those who still have a halfway comfortable life to get rid of the "us and them" mentality - our founding fathers were correct in saying "we should all hang together or most assuredly, we will all hang separately". The wealthy who don't work might not care, but those who think they are rich but are still working for a living will be dragged down with the poor and middle class by those who gamble with other people's money and labor.

Hmmm.  Like the subway cat taking away franksolich's money and labor for her welfare checks?

nadinbrzezinski  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-20-08 09:26 PM
Response to Reply #5

8. Remember folks like George Soros are on our side

but you are correct.

That said, the time is here.... and I fear there are way too many folks out there still denying this little problem

frog92969  (993 posts) Fri Jun-20-08 09:17 PM

6. K&R

EOTE  (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-20-08 09:25 PM
Original message

Happy to be the fourth rec. These all seem like good ideas to me.

Anyone else have their own tactics to share?

nadinbrzezinski  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-20-08 09:27 PM

9. Problem is that many folks really don't have a clue since many of us haven't had the need

Oh my.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Zbigniew primitive tries to stir primitives into action; fails
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 08:42:51 PM »
It's a pathetic state of affairs when one is such an attention whore that one must kick one's posts several times to get it noticed on a site of 85,000 posters (um, plus or minus 82,000).  :lmao:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 08:47:56 PM »
It's a pathetic state of affairs when one is such an attention whore that one must kick one's posts several times to get it noticed on a site of 85,000 posters (um, plus or minus 82,000).  :lmao:

Actually, circa 117,000, minus circa 112,000.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 08:50:46 PM »
Wow! Didn't realize the "membership" got up that high!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 08:51:41 PM »

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound correcting, but the population of Skins's island is one thing I keep really close tabs on.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 09:03:59 PM »
8. Remember folks like George Soros are on our side

Now there is something to brag about.... :mental: :loser:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 09:22:57 PM »

If you wander the island much you will find that to be normal.

These cretins consider every thought they have to be a messianic revelation and are always in search of validation.

I have started threads here that didn`t get much traction and when it was obvious that there wasn`t much interest just forgot about it and carried on.
Primitives for some reason can`t seem to do that.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 01:06:55 AM »

Well you know, the DUmp's user accounts like that of Democrat voter rolls have an eery way of increasing as more and more people die.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »
This idiot must work at a 7-11 or something.  None of his/her "advice" is doable and certainly not things like "work slowdowns."

And the unions are working on their own on surviving.  Individual attempts will just further screw up the already (happily) unsuccessful attempts to expand the shrinking union footprint.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 10:57:13 AM »

warren pease  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jun-20-08 10:06 PM
Response to Reply #21
28. In such times it's a patriotic duty to steal as much as possible from corporations and government...

Just don't get caught. And if you do, make sure you don't mention it's a political act.

Instead, tell them you're starving and that pair of synthetic leather hiking boots looked pretty edible. Especially if boiled for several weeks, spices added to taste, then breaded and baked at low heat for about 26 days.

Bon appétit.

wp

Okaaay..... :loser:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.