Author Topic: Taco Bell, Wal-Mart, NRA hired 'black ops' company that targeted envio groups  (Read 1828 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
 :rotf:

meegbear  (1000+ posts)       Fri Apr-11-08 01:06 PM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3145574
Taco Bell, Wal-Mart, NRA hired 'black ops' company that targeted environmental groups
 Advertisements [?]Source: RawStory.com / Mother Jones

A private security firm managed by former Secret Service officers spied on myriad environmental organizations throughout the 1990s and the year 2000, thieving documents, trying to plant undercover operations and collecting phone records of members, according to a new report.

Documents obtained by James Ridgeway, a Mother Jones correspondent formerly with the Village Voice, reveals the contractor collected confidential internal records -- donor lists, financial statements -- even Social Security numbers, for public relations outfits and "corporations involved in environmental controversies."

Beckett Brown International also offered "intelligence" services to the Carlyle Group, the controversial DC-based investment company; "protective services" for the National Rifle Association; "crisis management" for the Gallo wine company and for Pirelli; "information collection" for Wal-Mart.

"Also listed as clients in BBI records," Ridgeway reveals: "Halliburton and Monsanto."

Read more: http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Police_rank_black_ops_on_...

saigon68  (1000+ posts)       Fri Apr-11-08 01:41 PM
Response to Reply #3
5. And since they are "Private" Companies
 You have no expectation of privacy

And you can't sue them for violating your civil rights

again, another 'viet vet' chimes in

Submariner (1000+ posts)       Fri Apr-11-08 03:38 PM
Response to Reply #6
20. At the sub barracks we stepped up from T-Bird
 to Boones Farm. That was better than the Gallo white port at 55 cents a pint I tried.

About a decade or more ago when Gallo got into the 'visit our vineyard and watch us play respectable' groove, I couldn't help but chuckle to myself knowing it's rep to all the drinkers in the '60s.

lots of 'vets'

DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)       Fri Apr-11-08 04:23 PM
Response to Original message
27. All you can do is stop doing business with them and let them know why
 WalMart ******* America since Sam Walton became worm food.

so says teh Obama campaign...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:41:17 PM by dutch508 »
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
I heard the Frito-Lay company was a collaborator as well.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Airwolf

wait till they find out what Home Depo and Westinghouse have been up to.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Seeing the source of the 'piece,' let's just say that the veracity of the "documents" in question is, well, "questionable."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline MrsSmith

Documents obtained by James Ridgeway, a Mother Jones correspondent formerly with the Village Voice, reveals the contractor collected confidential internal records

You don't suppose "Mr." Ridgeway would have done anything slightly illegal in obtaining these documents??  Say, something exactly like the firm he was investigating?  Always supposing, of course, that they are even legit...   :whatever:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Frito-Lay + Taco Bell = PepsiCo. 

It's a conspiracy.  :fuelfire:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

meegbear  (1000+ posts)       Fri Apr-11-08 01:06 PM

Taco Bell, Wal-Mart, NRA hired 'black ops' company that targeted environmental groups...

I wonder why... could it be because the enviro groups are a bunch of thugs on TOP of being assholes?

FBI: Eco-Terrorism Remains No. 1 Domestic Terror Threat

"The FBI currently has 180 ongoing eco-terror investigations and over the last several years has tied them to some 1,800 criminal
acts, Kolko said."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Idjits. I am still amazed at the level of insanity on DU. It's like the gift that keeps on giving!

And who was president in the 1990's - 2000? Hmmm...It's all Clinton's fault!!!!  :lmao: :loser:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

This is too crazy even for motherjones.com.

Offline Chris_

This is too crazy even for motherjones.com.

Michael Moore ran Mother Jones in the 80's.  Nothing is too crazy for them.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom

You know, I thought there was something funny going on. My brother works for Frito Lay and he just got a promotion...AFTER he went to Texas for a 2 week training seminar. Looks like teh Rove has his hand in this one. Of course with Haliburton being involved I guess we know where the VP has been lately. If he gets a new puppy and names it Karl, I'll KNOW it's true.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Dixie*Darling

DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)       Fri Apr-11-08 04:23 PM
Response to Original message
27. All you can do is stop doing business with them ...

Farking idiot!  Boycott Pepsico and you pretty much won't be eating out, eating snack foods or drinking the number one soft drink in the country, Mt. Dew. 

Just stick to the usual plan and have another "not one damn dime" day.  That seems to work real good for you freaks!   :whatever:

PepsiCo has hundreds of brands around the globe. These are some of the best known.

http://www.pepsico.com/PEP_Company/BrandsCompanies/index.cfm

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

You know, I thought there was something funny going on. My brother works for Frito Lay and he just got a promotion...AFTER he went to Texas for a 2 week training seminar. Looks like teh Rove has his hand in this one. Of course with Haliburton being involved I guess we know where the VP has been lately. If he gets a new puppy and names it Karl, I'll KNOW it's true.

Cindie

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao:

Another H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.