Author Topic: hedging primitive's husband bloating, gassing  (Read 439 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
hedging primitive's husband bloating, gassing
« on: June 19, 2009, 04:26:38 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=317x3498

Oh my.

hedgehog  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-18-09 04:15 PM
Original message

I'm trying to identify a food allergy. 

Occasionally my husband eats something that causes him digestive distress, burping, gas etc. The problem is that we can't identify anything special. For example, it doesn't happen every time he eats bread or drinks milk, nor does it happen every time he has pizza or fish. In other words, it's not something he encounters every day, and we can't associate it with something he eat occasionally.

I've seen some reports of antibiotic carryover into food. Is it possible that occasionally he's getting a dose of antibiotic that's upsetting his intestinal flora? Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening?

First up, the baby-talking warped primitive, who's "allergic" to foods good for her, and not allergic to foods bad for her:

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-18-09 04:34 PM
Response to Original message

1. Could he be constipated when he gets these symptoms? 

that's how it works for a lot of people.

If they are starting to happen more frequently, please consult a doctor.

hedgehog  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-18-09 05:06 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. Nothing that dire, just some annoyance. I don't mean to tread to close to the ban on health info, just looking for ideas to take to the doctor.

sandnsea  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-18-09 11:38 PM
Response to Original message

3. For me it's a combination + excess stress

Dairy in itself can do it, especially sour cream. But more often it's dairy + certain raw vegetables, they both cause the stomach to release excess gas. Apples for instance, broccoli, carrots. Sometimes I'm okay for one day, but if I eat pizza one day, then yogurt with fruit the next, then dip and veggies, the third day of that combo can be a killer. Eating right before bed can really bring on pure agony. And if I'm under unusual stress, it can really set it off too. And then there's egg and turkey, just for general annoyances.

I dunno.  The only general annoyance franksolich ever had with food was when he was in college, and drank half a gallon of home-made eggnog and ate a medium Valentino's pizza.  Not a good idea to mix eggnog and pizza. 

But franksolich not being a primitive, learned that lesson early and had to learn it only one time.

hedgehog  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jun-19-09 09:30 AM
Response to Reply #3

4. You know, I never thought of combinations as the problem - that's what may be foxing us, the thought that it can't be A or B because he didn't get sick the last time he had A or the last time he had B, but A+B together......

Thanks - I may have him keep a food diary.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: hedging primitive's husband bloating, gassing
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 04:45:31 PM »
hedgehog  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-18-09 05:06 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. Nothing that dire, just some annoyance. I don't mean to tread to close to the ban on health info, just looking for ideas to take to the doctor.

He gets frickin gas once in a while like oh about 100 % of the population and they intend to go to a doctor about it?

This in a nutshell is why they obsess over free health care....they want to run to one everytime they (here literally) fart.

DUmbass....get some antacid or Pepto and when this happens take some,sheesh. :banghead:

Morons.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »
All they need is Pepto. All they want is someone else to pay for it.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 06:47:43 PM »
Ya spose it's when he eats beans??????? lol!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 02:54:30 AM »
He gets frickin gas once in a while like oh about 100 % of the population and they intend to go to a doctor about it?

This in a nutshell is why they obsess over free health care....they want to run to one everytime they (here literally) fart.

DUmbass....get some antacid or Pepto and when this happens take some,sheesh. :banghead:

Morons.

SINGLE PAYER NOW!!!!!!!!!!1111