Author Topic: Taking a break from ridiculing RWers who believe in a Deep State  (Read 1559 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Taking a break from ridiculing RWers who believe in a Deep State
« on: February 03, 2018, 08:35:13 PM »
the Proglodytes dream of a Deep State that would go rogue from the President's authority and arrest members of Congress.

dvduval (178 posts)

Could Devon Nunez be arrested by the FBI?

Are there any circumstances in which Devon Nunez could be arrested by the FBI or another enforcement division of the government?

Could Devon Nunez be subpoenaed by the FBI to testify under oath?

Iliyah (13,054 posts)
2. Devin Nunes.

And I wish it would happen on national tv in front of t-rump.

LOL

malaise (167,714 posts)
6. I'm sure folks are digging up for his crimes as I type n/t

TheDebbieDee (10,732 posts)
9. If Mueller and his team got the Deutsche Bank documents that they requested in Dec, 2017...

The FBI may be able to arrest many more elected republicans than Devin Nunes! This is why the republicans have become so freaked about the Mueller investigation since the Deutsche Bank documents were subpoenaed - by following the trail of money from the Russian oligarchs to Donald Trump, they will also be able to follow the money those same oligarchs thru the NRA and other US superPACS to the campaign coffers of dozens of republicans!

Mueller will be gunning for the whole republican party if the republicans don't shut down the investigation down soon!

The Velveteen Ocelot (57,391 posts)
11. The Speech or Debate Clause (Art. I, Sec. 6, Cl. 1) of the Constitution immunizes

members of Congress from arrest or prosecution for "legislative" acts. It says that senators and representatives "...shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their attendance at the Session of their Respective Houses, and in going to and from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place." This has been interpreted as providing civil and criminal immunity to members of Congress arising out of their official actions. However, in Gravel v. United States, the Supreme Court held that a grand jury could validly inquire into the processes by which a congressman obtained classified government documents and into the arrangements for subsequent private republication of these documents, since neither action involved protected conduct. “While the Speech or Debate Clause recognizes speech, voting and other legislative acts as exempt from liability that might otherwise attach, it does not privilege either Senator or aide to violate an otherwise valid criminal law in preparing for or implementing legislative acts.”

What happened in that case was that Senator Mike Gravel received a copy of the Pentagon Papers from an editor at The Washington Post, and Gravel smuggled the report into his Senate office.
After reading the material into the record, Gravel arranged to have the Pentagon Papers published by a private publisher. The trial court also held that publication of the Pentagon Papers by a private press was not protected by the Speech or Debate Clause. The Supreme Court upheld the district court's ruling regarding private publication. "[Private] publication by Senator Gravel through the cooperation of Beacon Press was in no way essential to the deliberations of the Senate; nor does questioning as to private publication threaten the integrity or independence of the Senate by impermissibly exposing its deliberations to executive influence."

So maybe it could be argued that disseminating the memo to the general public, Nunes might not be immune from prosecution for releasing classified materials. I don't know; it's a complicated issue.

AmericanActivist (974 posts)
14. Thanks so much for your post. Interesting excerpt

“Except Treason, Felony or Breach of Peace” interesting

Horse with no Name (32,647 posts)
13. I would volunteer him for rendition....just saying

USALiberal (758 posts)
16. Yes, just like anyone else. nt

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210185472
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Re: Taking a break from ridiculing RWers who believe in a Deep State
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 08:52:50 PM »
>malaise ... I'm sure folks are digging up for his crimes as I type n/t

N effing T fer sure you filthy skank of leftist trash and bigoted scum.  Soak in your tropical paradise while the real workers suffer at your feet.  You ignorant s**** and filthy POS.  Your number is obvious, your intentions are vaguely evil.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 08:56:12 PM »
TheDebbieDee (10,732 posts)
9. If Mueller and his team got the Deutsche Bank documents that they requested in Dec, 2017...

The FBI may be able to arrest many more elected republicans than Devin Nunes!

Be careful what you wish for, dummie. You just may get it... only not in the way you think!

I'm betting if the FBI knew about all the shady dealings of the congress critters, the house and senate would probably have maybe 10 members left collectively.   
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 08:58:01 PM »
Here's another thread where the shitgibbons show their true fascist colors.

Fri Feb 2, 2018, 10:27 PM
Star Member MelissaB (12,892 posts)

Youve been around for 13 months. We've been around since 1908... We're going to win"

Former CIA counterterrorism official Phil Mudd: The FBI people "are ticked" and they'll be saying of Trump, “You’ve been around for 13 months. We've been around since 1908. I know how this game is going to be played. We're going to win" http://cnn.it/2GEPZD3
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210182060

And if you don't believe Phil Mudd, just ask Martin Luther King what happens when you mess with the FBI.

I wonder if this Phil Mudd is any relation to Samuel Mudd who conspired with the democrat John Wilkes Booth in the assassination of republican president Abe Lincoln.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 09:00:37 PM »
They already tried bringing trumped up charges against Nunes and it got them bupkis. He didn't do anything illegal then, and he's not doing anything illegal now. Deal with it, DUmmies.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:06:42 AM by Happy Fun Ball »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 04:34:09 AM »
Kooky conspiracy theories and bizarre legal concepts are the core of the lunatic left at this point.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 08:21:59 AM »
I love the sound of fantasy-laden DU howls in the morning. It's the sound of their impotence.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 08:33:55 AM »
There were no bigger believers in ill-intentioned bureaucrats pursuing their own agenda than the Leftist trash, in Bush's second term.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.