Author Topic: Thousands of Boston students walk out in protest. Atman  (Read 1893 times)

Offline CC27

Thousands of Boston students walk out in protest. Atman
« on: March 07, 2016, 01:36:24 PM »
Atman (29,325 posts)

Thousands of Boston students walk out in protest of $40mil tax break for GE...

...while city cuts services claiming a $50mil shortfall.

Kids are waking up.

http://usuncut.com/resistance/boston-public-schools-walkout/

#bpswalkout

pic.twitter.com/5pSKyz4DOb

Kids are stupid.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027666095

Offline 67 Rover

Re: Thousands of Boston students walk out in protest. Atman
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 01:56:44 PM »
I agree with the mush heads, Boston does not deserve a company like G.E.,  they should head down South Carolina way.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 02:07:18 PM »
GE should leave Boston and MA. Give its employees a low-tax and snow-free experience in a more welcoming state/city. They might find a good talent pool and educational environment in the Raleigh-Durham-RTP area in NC.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 02:10:35 PM »
What my best friend Atman forgets is that if Boston were to rid itself of all the corruption running rampant through its streets, Boston'd have plenty of money to spend on worthwhile things.

Remember that for every dollar a Dem boss swipes, that's one less dollar for food stamps for the poor.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 02:16:48 PM »
Yes, and all those kids in the street hold not a lick of sway or power over the democrat machine that runs Boston.  They're in bed tight with GE now, having lured them away from Dannel Malloy's execrable taxes, and no amount of sign waving will do a thing.  I can imagine all kinds of slimy sweetheart deals, with the kind of money we're talking about. 

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 02:57:18 PM »
I agree with the mush heads, Boston does not deserve a company like G.E.,  they should head down South Carolina way.

Frankly, they might keep going south to Guadalajara or Monterrey.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 04:09:32 PM »
Quote from:
Boston city councilor Tito Jackson said the entire reason for GE choosing Boston’s workforce is due to its excellent schools, which are being sacrificed for corporate handouts.

In case you're wondering what he's been up to since Michael died.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 05:00:16 PM »
Kids are stupid.

I say **** 'em, give 'em what they want and tax the thunder out of GE for being stoopid enough to try and run a business in a democrat shithole.  GE will figure out what to do next.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 06:28:45 PM »
I say **** 'em, give 'em what they want and tax the thunder out of GE for being stoopid enough to try and run a business in a democrat shithole.  GE will figure out what to do next.

What Wasp69 said.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 05:14:31 AM »
Yes, and all those kids in the street hold not a lick of sway or power over the democrat machine that runs Boston.  They're in bed tight with GE now, having lured them away from Dannel Malloy's execrable taxes, and no amount of sign waving will do a thing.  I can imagine all kinds of slimy sweetheart deals, with the kind of money we're talking about.

Speaking as an outsider--one who was born and raised way far outside the arena of political corruption and favoritism--I must say it's always mystified me, the way people in such places seem to accept it; it's almost as if they don't mind being stolen from.

Worse than that, it's almost as if they think the bosses deserve all they can steal, and if they can get away with stealing even more, well, good for them.

And they don't see that every dollar that's swiped by some Dem boss is a dollar less that's available for the poor.  They just think that other people should have to pay more, so that the bosses and the poor both should be accommodated.

<<<am totally flummoxed by the complacency of the sheep who live in blue areas, and vote blue.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 01:46:22 PM »
I agree with Frank.  Pretty much my whole life I've never understood how and why the people of Chicago put up with the corruption, graft, and crime of the machine who runs it year after year, decade after decade.  They all just seem to allow it to happen. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 01:58:31 PM »
I agree with Frank.  Pretty much my whole life I've never understood how and why the people of Chicago put up with the corruption, graft, and crime of the machine who runs it year after year, decade after decade.  They all just seem to allow it to happen.

And they don't seem to understand that it costs them money, and money that could be spent for the good of humanity if it weren't stolen.

Instead of keeping money out of the hands of crooks so it can be better spent, their solution seems to be, "take more money away from innocent people."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 01:59:09 PM »
And they don't seem to understand that it costs them money, and money that could be spent for the good of humanity if it weren't stolen.

Instead of keeping money out of the hands of crooks so it can be better spent, their solution seems to be, "take more money away from innocent people."
If only Don were still around to remind us how wonderful Chicago is.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 02:07:30 PM »
Well it was until that #$%##%##@* Reagan got elected.  /Don
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 02:16:11 PM »

And Big Mo seems the most duh, stupid, about this.

<<<am grievously disappointed with Big Mo, who should know better.
apres moi, le deluge