Author Topic: So many stores are closing and reorganizing. Where is the booming economy?  (Read 4218 times)

Offline Airwolf

As much as I like those stores the internet has made is to easy to stay home and buy what you need. No hassles with parking or the crowds on just Saturdays let alone the holidays. Best Buy had to file for bankrupcy protection not long ago and a lot of that had to do with competiton. internal theft and again the internet. Economics being what it is makes this happen every time someone comes up with a new ay to make a business model work.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline SVPete

DU-grade Progs want to deal with a static world where: people and businesses don't alter what they do and where they live/operate in response to high taxes; businesses don't reduce employee hours or automate when the minimum wage is arbitrarily raised >50% in a few months or years; business models don't change, causing businesses that can't or won't change to go out of business.

One of my former employers, a computer company, was a high flyer in the 1980s. They failed to listen to their customers' demand for Unix instead of the company's proprietary operating system. By the year 2000, it had bee acquired and it's new owner also acquired. Its once industry-creating products were dead end legacy systems.

Another former employer, a Unix-based computer company failed to foresee that Intel-based Windows desktop systems would overtake their proprietary processor desktop workstations and tried to enter the server market too late. A database SW company acquired them for their SW products, and let their server products wither away.

Business model failure isn't all that unusual ... in the real world.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

As much as I like those stores the internet has made is to easy to stay home and buy what you need. No hassles with parking or the crowds on just Saturdays let alone the holidays.
This morning I was walking along the beach and decided I needed a new pair of socks since my new shoes were giving me blisters because the socks I was wearing were old and thin.  I got my phone out and ordered 6 pair on Amazon for 12.99, to be delivered by Tuesday.  Can't get much easier than that.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
mfcorey1 (8,656 posts)

So many stores are closing and reorganizing. Where is the booming economy?

JC Penny's
Footlocker
Payless
Gap
Victoria's Secrets
Sears

More and more mall space remains vacant. Some are downsizing and have fallen victims to online shopping. However, brick and mortar elimination affects jobs. That's why I can't reconcile this increase in the job market.

Just like the failed companies, the DUmmie fails to see the writing on the wall.

I had to go Kmart yesterday, if any company needs to fail, it's Kmart. It's like going back in time, the epitome of not keeping up. The place was disgusting.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

Some years ago Kmart bought Sears and adopted the business name Sears Holdings. I think the whole mess is in bankruptcy, with reorg doubtful (if not already dead). There used to be at least 5 Sears stores in Silicon Valley. Now there's just one.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

Some years ago Kmart bought Sears and adopted the business name Sears Holdings. I think the whole mess is in bankruptcy, with reorg doubtful (if not already dead). There used to be at least 5 Sears stores in Silicon Valley. Now there's just one.
It could've had a chance if lampert didn't start believing he was the next Buffett and keeps refusing to step down. Dead company walking at this point
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
SF moves forward to track, eliminate empty storefronts

<snip> Two years of Trump's Presidency cannot undo decades of mismanglement, nor restore bypassed/failed business models.
<snip>
ISWYDT :lol:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980