Author Topic: Two words which will destroy US health care  (Read 879 times)

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Two words which will destroy US health care
« on: November 10, 2013, 02:23:14 PM »
Accounts Receivable.

Obamacare is a disaster for the US economy, for the US taxpayer, and for the consumer of US healthcare. Millions of Americans are losing, or will soon lose, health insurance with reasonable premiums, reasonable deductibles, and reasonable copayments. In exchange, we will each pay more and receive less. That is "Obama-approved" insurance; pay more, get less.

Among the plethora of lies King Hussein spoke with a straight face was "If you like your doctor, you won't have to change". Of course, that was another promise he is unable to keep, because he has no control over the decision of any provider to remain in business under the terms of his new Obama-approved insurance programs.

In a free market, a businessman provides goods and services on terms he chooses: cash or credit, terms agreeable to seller and buyer. In the previous health care economy, most insurance plans required the consumer to pay a deductible on the first $250 or $500, then a copayment of $25 (more or less) for office visits. But in the new Obamacare economy, plan holders are on the arm for $2,500 or more in deductible, and 60/40 coverage after that. Obamacare policies are toxic, and many providers are refusing to accept them; but other policies are also affected, or will soon be, by the requirement to be Obama-approved.

The average patient will be deep in debt to his medical providers; debts that may take years to pay, if ever paid at all.  Clinics and independent providers will be required to maintain huge amounts of accounts receivable, of which much will never be recovered. King Hussein, or a successor to his throne, will push for "forgiveness" of medical debt in the name of "fairness".

What is the inevitable result? Increased bankruptcies among consumers. Doctors leaving practice. Clinics closing. Loss of access to care, particularly in poor or rural areas.

And while Americans lose our doctors, King Hussein will throw back his head, laugh, and say "I love it when a plan comes together."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:57:23 PM by Big Dog »
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Purple Sage

Re: Two words which will destroy US health care
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 02:27:37 PM »
Great post.  I hope the DUmmies read it and actually attempt to think about it.
I've known some pathological liars in my time, but 0 takes the prize.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 02:41:46 PM »
Oh come on all the plans we had prior to 0bamacare are junk plans, you were just too stupid to realize this. 0bama is making your insurance better and you will thank him in a few years.

0bama has never lied about anything, the right wing has been watching too much faux news, 0bama is an honest, decent compassionate man, a born leader, his only crime is governing while black!

The above talking points are courtesy of real life moonbats I encountered on Facebook.

Oh I almost forgot this one, my premiums haven't come down because I am not getting my insurance from an exchange, and the fact that the cheapest plan cost more than three times what I pay now, proved I don't know how insurance works.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 02:51:49 PM »
I know another one word description to describe Obamacare

"divorce"

Married Couple Considers Divorce to Save Money on Obamacare

Nona Willis-Aronoqitz, 29, and Aaron Cassara, 32, are full-time freelancers and earn more than $62,000 a year, which means they do not qualify for the subsidies under Obamacare. The couple realized, however, they would be able to afford the plans if they divorce.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/09/Married-Couple-May-Divorce-To-Save-Money-on-Obamacare

Wasn't one of the big arguments in favor of gay marriage that the spouse could be on the others insurance?  Now you can strike that one off the list.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 02:53:34 PM »
I know another one word description to describe Obamacare

"divorce"

Married Couple Considers Divorce to Save Money on Obamacare

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/09/Married-Couple-May-Divorce-To-Save-Money-on-Obamacare

Wasn't one of the big arguments in favor of gay marriage that the spouse could be on the others insurance?  Now you can strike that one off the list.

The good news is, if this effects the gays, 0bama will bend over backwards to fix it.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 03:48:54 PM »
Ya'll racist.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 04:03:48 PM »
Actually it will never make it to Accounts Receivable because most the people who they passed this bill for can't afford any insurance much less $200 or $300.  They have to pay the first premium to even get insurance, then it will be canceled if not paid.

Problem is, we will end up with a single payer system because of it, which I believe has been planned from the get go.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 09:39:05 AM »
Another one for the DUmmies: My mother, as a retired Fed worker, is on an "approved" plan. IE: under O'care it's "legal". It only went UP $160 a month.

She's 80 YO.

:thatsright:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 09:45:54 AM »
Another one for the DUmmies: My mother, as a retired Fed worker, is on an "approved" plan. IE: under O'care it's "legal". It only went UP $160 a month.

She's 80 YO.

Racist liar!
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Dori

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 10:04:18 AM »

She's 80 YO.

So retired federal workers don't get Medicare?
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 09:28:30 AM »
So retired federal workers don't get Medicare?

I have no idea.   :???:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.