Author Topic: Paul Ryan for VP  (Read 944 times)

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Paul Ryan for VP
« on: August 11, 2012, 09:24:34 AM »
Simple poll, are you happy that Ryan was chosen?
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Paul Ryan for VP
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »
Could have been much, much worse.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »
The only bad thing I can think of is what the media might drum up, since the debate will likely focus on Medicare and SS, it'll be like "Ryan/Romney wants to take grandma's Medicare away!" and that sort of thing. But on the flip side of that, it'll be more about substance and Ryan will mop the floor with the lib types debating against him.... if the American public pays attentions and/or sees through the media's bullshit.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 09:32:20 AM »
Could have been much, much worse.
Bingo. There were some real wimps on the list.
Ryan is famous for really ticking Obama off during the budget debates.
Ryan is a fighter...just what the ticket needs.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 09:34:30 AM »
The only bad thing I can think of is what the media might drum up, since the debate will likely focus on Medicare and SS, it'll be like "Ryan/Romney wants to take grandma's Medicare away!" and that sort of thing. But on the flip side of that, it'll be more about substance and Ryan will mop the floor with the lib types debating against him.... if the American public pays attentions and/or sees through the media's bullshit.

While that is true, the media and 0bama is going to do that to anyone that is on the ticket though. Look at the shit that they are pulling now, maybe now that Ryan has been officially chosen they will focus on him for awhile and maybe Mitt can get his message out while they are crucifying Ryan.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 10:13:09 AM »
The only bad thing I can think of is what the media might drum up, since the debate will likely focus on Medicare and SS, it'll be like "Ryan/Romney wants to take grandma's Medicare away!"
But they do that every year.  They did it in 2008 when our candidate was old enough to GET Medicare and SS.  The Republican Party could run the corpses of FDR and LBJ, and the Democrats would still say that.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 11:29:35 AM »

ObamaCare cuts $500billion from medicare over the next decade.  That is all they need to rebut any claims about Medicare.

Obama backed the payroll tax cut which reduced payments from individuals to Social Security.  That puts the future of Social Security at risk by placing it squarely in the hands of congress to fund it.

If Romney and Ryan are smart, they can turn those attacks right back on Obama.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 01:57:48 PM »
David Burge (@iowahawkblog)
8/11/12 11:16 AM
Biden-Ryan debate will be like a chess match. Between Ralph Wiggums and Zondor, 5th dimensional life force from Math Galaxy.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 02:06:41 PM »
Yes I'm happy,  I was hoping for Rubio, I was terrified it was going to be Portman or Pawlenty, I didn't expect Ryan at all, but I'm happy with him.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 02:10:04 PM »
I am happy. I said we needed a fighter, and Ryan is one. He won't take any crap from obama, or biden. I can't wait to see him and Biden in a debate.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
It could have been worse. I am luke warm with Ryan. I thought that Rubio would have been better and he could have helped Romney win FL easily. Now, I am not so sure. 

Offline CG6468

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 02:43:55 PM »
I am happy. I said we needed a fighter, and Ryan is one. He won't take any crap from obama, or biden. I can't wait to see him and Biden in a debate.

He'll mop the floor with Biden. He will NOT allow Biden to spin and change the subject.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 02:58:32 PM »
About as good a choice as any, and a much stronger pick then I feared.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »
He'll mop the floor with Biden. He will NOT allow Biden to spin and change the subject.

Which is exactly what I am hoping.

There is only one VP debate this year, and that is some time in October. It isn't too long away.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 03:05:51 PM »

Which is exactly what I am hoping.

There is only one VP debate this year, and that is on October 11th. It isn't too long away.

More info: http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2012-presidential-debate-schedule/

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 03:17:04 PM »
Yes I'm happy,  I was hoping for Rubio, I was terrified it was going to be Portman or Pawlenty, I didn't expect Ryan at all, but I'm happy with him.

I told you before, you all can't have Rubio we want him in the Senate.  :tongue:

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 03:41:19 PM »
The media is going to do their best to destroy Ryan, the good news is, we may have a couple of weeks where Romney isn't getting lied about 24/7.  :-)