Author Topic: “IDF gives Hamas a lesson in human shields”  (Read 1041 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

“IDF gives Hamas a lesson in human shields”
« on: January 16, 2009, 08:38:31 AM »
Wow!  :o  (link goes to video)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cd6_1232019761

IDF Officer uses Hamas terrorist as shield vs grenade (CQB)
Had to add the translation again as it wasnt part of the video file.
"Soldiers from the IDF Golani Infantry Division get ambushed by terrorists and respond by killing them."

You don't expect to see anything like this anywhere other than in the movies. Fair play to the IDF soldier, takes some guts to do that. Speaking of which I'd imagine there is a fair amount spread over the desert after that grenade went off.

On second thought, the IDF Officer could have saved himself and the terrorist (for questioning/exchange/etc) if he just sat on the grenade and was shielded instead by his giant balls of steel.

On Edit:

You know, I learned something today...

Hoist By One's Own Petard

I knew that meant what I thought that meant.  :-)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 08:43:24 AM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Re: “IDF gives Hamas a lesson in human shields”
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 09:29:57 AM »
I don't believ the IDF thought of it much when he did it.  He just reached for the first random piece of garbage to put between him and the grenade, and the hamasshole was the first thing to hand.

But that is one terrorist who got run over by his own Karma.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 10:50:05 AM »
That was bad ass.   :bow:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 11:02:34 AM »
Wow!  :o  (link goes to video)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cd6_1232019761

IDF Officer uses Hamas terrorist as shield vs grenade (CQB)
On second thought, the IDF Officer could have saved himself and the terrorist (for questioning/exchange/etc) if he just sat on the grenade and was shielded instead by his giant balls of steel.

On Edit:

You know, I learned something today...

Hoist By One's Own Petard

I knew that meant what I thought that meant.  :-)

Did you read on to what the original french term ment?  that is even funnier.

An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 11:11:44 AM »
Quote from: Baruch Menachem
Did you read on to what the original french term ment?  that is even funnier.

Yeah, lol. I only knew the phrase in general but learning a bit more was hilarious.  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 02:32:23 PM »
This isn't something to be glib about, but that was too cool.  Kudos to the IDF soldier... that was awesome.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 09:15:59 AM »
Funny how that stuff happens . . .  :-) :evillaugh:

That's one soldier that I would gladly buy an alcoholic drink, and a big steak, for.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.