Author Topic: A question about the future  (Read 731 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
A question about the future
« on: November 07, 2008, 03:48:51 PM »
Back when the economy was going well the media and other libs were constantly attacking George Bush with claims that the economy was terrible. Now that the media and other libs have their man going in AND the economy actually is in poor shape will they try to paint a prettier face on the economy OR will they continue to harp on it while blaming it all on Bush and the repubs?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Re: A question about the future
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 03:53:22 PM »
Back when the economy was going well the media and other libs were constantly attacking George Bush with claims that the economy was terrible. Now that the media and other libs have their man going in AND the economy actually is in poor shape will they try to paint a prettier face on the economy OR will they continue to harp on it while blaming it all on Bush and the repubs?

Why do you even ask......of course they will, but it will only work with the public for the first year or so.....if nothing happens after that they will own it, and with it the consequences......

I'm hoping for exactly that......or for the new administration to overreach in some blatant manner like Clinton did, and as you are aware, Dems are famous for overreaching......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 04:01:03 PM »
The One is going to rue the day he decided to run for POTUS. All of this mess is his and his cronies now, and I suspect those that elected him expect him to actually do something about it. When his policies make it worse, or turn out to be the continuation of existing Bush policy, he will be destroyed by his own people.

Once he announces no intention to leave Iraq until the job is done, I fully expect to see the rabid-left to put together a chimpeachment petition for Obama's 'Willful continuation of an illegal and immoral war' once the 'new President scent' wears off - I'm not kidding either.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 04:14:18 PM »
As I said in another thread yesterday, six months from now, the folks that will be the most PO'd at him will be the left-wing of his own party.....When he assumes the office, with it will come realities that he has not even begun to imagine, as inexperienced as he is.......with the realization that his agenda will not be moving forward without some very strong resistance from not only the Republicans, but the more moderate members of his own party, a whole new world will suddenly dawn on the left.....that is going to be fun to watch.....

And so far as Iraq is concerned, TRG would be the expert, but I would suspect that things would be pretty much wrapped up there in 16 months.....where Obama is vulnerable is that he supports ongoing operations in Afganistan (or at least he campaigned on that premise), and if that theatre extends or degrades, he will pay the same price that GWB is doing now, and it will be particularly bloody with the anti-war faction of his own party......

doc