Author Topic: BNN: Obama to Dismiss Secret Service Detail After Inauguration  (Read 951 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
BNN: Obama to Dismiss Secret Service Detail After Inauguration
« on: November 05, 2008, 08:20:26 PM »
WASHINGTON DC, Nov 5, 2008 - In a stunning move to reduce government spending president-elect Barak Obama announced today that he would be dismissing the Secret Service's presidential detail soon after being sworn in.

"We're really looking at places we can slash the budget to make room for our policy agenda," said future chief-of-staff Rahm Emmanuel. "And let's face it; the Secret Service detail guarding the president is one hefty piece of financial expenditure."

With rings of agents and officers with an internal, secure communications system, helicopters, up-armored automobiles and limosines the annual savings to taxpayers could reach into the tens of millions. Even the bullet-proof vest normally worn by the president will be dispensed with.

"They're tailor made to not show under his clothing. One of those puppies can set you back almost ten-grand," an agent normally assigned to the president divulged on condition of anonymity.

When issues of presidential safety were raised they were immediately dismissed.

"Barack is a young man and he is in phenomenal health. He's not going to die anytime soon," said Emmanuel. "Our ace in the whole is Joe Biden.

"I mean, my God, look at him standing over there in the corner just picking his nose and rolling it into little balls between his fingers. Anybody that would want to kill Barack would have to confront the realization that Joe Biden would take his place.

"Do you really think he was chosen for his policy acumen? Hell no! He's a life insurance policy whose biggest annual premium is a handful of tokens down at Chuck E Cheese's."

A senior security analyst noted, "Even the most methed-out skinheads seem to realize that a Barack presidency would do less harm to the white race than Biden with an inkpen in his hand."
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: BNN: Obama to Dismiss Secret Service Detail After Inauguration
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 08:42:49 PM »
this is obviously a joke, right???

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 08:44:30 PM »

It's parody.  The President-elect (it kills me to have to properly capitalize that) has no more choice over his Secret Service detail than does the President himself.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 08:45:05 PM »
ma-a-ay-be-e-e

:uhsure:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 08:48:35 PM »
He's a life insurance policy whose biggest annual premium is a handful of tokens down at Chuck E Cheese's.

LMAO
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 06:24:05 AM »
One of my (she voted for Obama but I can probably forgive her some day) friends kept talking about how he will be assassinated as soon as he takes office. :thatsright:  I said "Great, just what this world needs, another fake martyr/saint like JFK.  A President with totally failed policies that is deified for getting shot in office."  I would gladly kick the living shit out of anyone who even thought of doing something.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill