Author Topic: The future of race?  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
The future of race?
« on: November 03, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »
This is not really a rant, but it is somewhat political so I've decided to post it here.

For years there have been some folks who are sometimes referred to as race-baiters or race profiteers. These people have made lucrative careers out of escalating racial problems and proclaiming that "The Man" is out to get folks of color.

If the big O was to win this election, how would it affect these race profiteers? It would seem to be absurd to continue to make proclamations about the racial evils of "The Man" when the man in charge of "The Man" is a person of color.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: The future of race?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 03:38:38 PM »
It won't faze them a bit.  There's always some White guy they can blame for obstructing The Dream, somewhere below the top.  If anything it'll feed them.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »
I must agree with DAT.  Electing Obama will do nothing to stop the Sharpton's and Jackson's of the world.  It may cause more hue and cry when the Big Zero, if elected, backs off all his promises and is totally ineffective.  Those same profiteers can claim the failing is of the Caucasian side of his racial makeup.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 03:49:37 PM »
I must agree with DAT.  Electing Obama will do nothing to stop the Sharpton's and Jackson's of the world.  It may cause more hue and cry when the Big Zero, if elected, backs off all his promises and is totally ineffective.  Those same profiteers can claim the failing is of the Caucasian side of his racial makeup.

Even though I DETEST Obama with every bone in my body, I think your statement is going  a bit too far.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 03:58:28 PM »
Even though I DETEST Obama with every bone in my body, I think your statement is going  a bit too far.

Should he be elected time will tell if I'm going too far.  As of now, I'm convinced I'm not.  At least I can post it here and just suffer a BS for it...for that I'm appreciative.

Offline Woody

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »
I would like to think that The Man being black would stop all this silliness, but it probably won't. 

Those same profiteers can claim the failing is of the Caucasian side of his racial makeup.

They'll blame all the people of pallor who resisted his policies, or just blame his failings on 'racism'.  No, it doesn't have to make sense.
Those who see their lives as spoiled and wasted crave equality and fraternity more than they do freedom. If they clamor for freedom, it is but freedom to establish equality and uniformity. The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against others and expose our inferiority.
-Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer", 1951

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 05:07:47 PM »
I haven't felt so downcast about race relations in this country since the end of the OJ Simpson murder trial when some guy (of African descent) was jumping up and down in exhileration and shouting, "This is for 400 years!"

As if the murder of a young mother could ever satisfy the injustice of slavery, be justice itself or assuage hateful idiots such as the one I saw on TV.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."