Author Topic: Another veteran for Obama  (Read 6405 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Another veteran for Obama
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 09:04:28 PM »
And that tie is clearly not okay, either.  :p
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 09:40:19 PM »
And that tie is clearly not okay, either.  :p

Man, there's so much wrong with that dipshit, it would take a 2-page document to point it out.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 11:19:39 PM »
WTF? There are just not enough ways to call Bullshit on this one. I think someone got jelous of TiT and all the attention he was getting.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 07:29:33 AM »
Do Army Doggies get awarded the Humanitarian Service medal?? And if so, is it worn on the right breast ??

Not the same as Navy, and Army Regs prevent them from wearing the MUC as well.  That goes back to the Iran hostage crisis.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 08:09:19 AM »
Not the same as Navy, and Army Regs prevent them from wearing the MUC as well.  That goes back to the Iran hostage crisis.

We can wear the Meritorious Unit Commendation while we're with the unit that has received it, or permanently if we were assigned to a unit that received it. (Right)

As for the Humanitarian medal, yes, we wear those as well. Many were handed out when we deployed during the Hurricane Mitch Relief Effort to places like El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Guatemala. (Left)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:10:55 AM by Rebel »

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 08:12:02 AM »
BTW, I've never heard of SFC Airborne's unit. Willie? Are they a part of the Navy?  :-)

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 08:18:27 AM »
We can wear the Meritorious Unit Commendation while we're with the unit that has received it, or permanently if we were assigned to a unit that received it. (Right)

As for the Humanitarian medal, yes, we wear those as well. Many were handed out when we deployed during the Hurricane Mitch Relief Effort to places like El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Guatemala. (Left)

Ah, then the guy on Jonn's blog was incorrect, or the Army units that were in the Gulf in 1980 were not "attached" to the Kitty Hawk CVBG, which was awarded the MUC.

Either way, this guy is wearing a LOT of shit to which he is not, never was, should never have been entitled. 

And to clarify--I've no issue with reservists per se, but if you're going to tell me that a guy who was on AD for less than 10 months in a 25-year period somehow got all that awarded to him, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell to you too.  Had he in fact deployed to Vietnam his TFAMS would be significantly higher.  Ditto Korea.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 09:12:15 AM »
And to clarify--I've no issue with reservists per se, but if you're going to tell me that a guy who was on AD for less than 10 months in a 25-year period somehow got all that awarded to him, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell to you too.  Had he in fact deployed to Vietnam his TFAMS would be significantly higher.  Ditto Korea.

Oh, hell no. This moron is a damn poser. If you wanna see how a shitload of ribbons and decorations look when they're in correct order, here's one of our USMILNET Mod's pic:

http://antenori.com/?page_id=4

http://antenori.com/?page_id=39

That guy has so much shit wrong with his uniform it's easy to pick out. He has a reserve overseas decoration ahead of an AAM and a GCM, for starters. Not to mention, I see no NCO professional development ribbon. It would have a 3 in the middle of it, denoting the schools it takes to make it to E-7, in my day it was PLDC, BNCOC, and ANCOC. PLDC is now called WLC. I only had the ribbon as I only went to PLDC at Ft. Benning, Ga. TRG will have the 3 device when he goes to ANCOC, unless he's already attended.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 09:18:06 AM by Rebel »

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 09:33:33 AM »
BTW, I've never heard of SFC Airborne's unit. Willie? Are they a part of the Navy?  :-)

The article explains (if I remember correctly) it was an all black unit that disbanded before Willie would have been in the service.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2008, 09:41:06 AM »
The article explains (if I remember correctly) it was an all black unit that disbanded before Willie would have been in the service.

No, I mean his name tape is in the place of his branch.  :-)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2008, 11:59:42 AM »
No, I mean his name tape is in the place of his branch.  :-)

:thatsright: Sorry.

*leaves to get more coffe*

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2008, 12:51:43 PM »
:thatsright: Sorry.

*leaves to get more coffe*

Bring me some, too.........

coffee bitch

:stirpot:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2008, 01:01:18 PM »
I believe that Bronze Star with a V device could land the moron in jail.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2008, 01:35:24 PM »
Bring me some, too.........

coffee bitch

:stirpot:

Aorry, you have me mistaken for the AF...see dj for that.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2008, 01:54:45 PM »
I believe that Bronze Star with a V device could land the moron in jail.

Mike Boorda killed himself over it--before it was ever a crime.