Author Topic: Two Members of Boehner’s Leadership Team Openly Refuse to Admit if They’ve Read  (Read 689 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Two Members of Boehner’s Leadership Team Openly Refuse to Admit if They’ve Read Obamatrade
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/04/two-members-of-boehners-leadership-team-openly-refuse-to-admit-if-theyve-read-obamatrade/

Two members of House GOP leadership—Majority Whip Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) and Rules Committee chairman Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX) refused to admit through spokespersons to Breitbart News whether they have read the text of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) Pacific Rim trade deal, but they still support granting President Barack Obama the Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) to fast track it. What’s more, Scalise and Sessions—and others GOP conference-wide, including even perhaps Boehner—could be vulnerable to serious primary challenges if they continue forward with Obamatrade.

Obamatrade is very dangerous. The RINOS are for it.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Belle

Ptarmigan: "Obamatrade is very dangerous. The RINOS are for it."  Can't be any truer than that!

Ah, a political soulmate! I wrote about TPP under the general discussion thread, but it is really about politics. This subject really gets under my skin.  I see it as the rino establishment selling out American jobs & middle class incomes.  There could also be security gaps in this trade deal.  & I just have a feeling that Session & Scalise are not the only ones that didn't read the text.  Rinos not only follow Obama, they follow Pelosi's rule, pass the bill so you know what's in it.

From your link:  "What’s more, Scalise and Sessions—and others GOP conference-wide, including even perhaps Boehner—could be vulnerable to serious primary challenges if they continue forward with Obamatrade."  I disagree with this premise. When McCain ran for re-election to the Senate, he pretended to be a conservative again & won.  When Boehner won the House, he boo-hooed & said I get it, & then became enemy #1 to tea party conservatives.  When Ryan ran as Romney's running mate, who knew that he was also pretending to have a conservative side?  But next time around, it won't matter, because the constituency will have permanently changed via open borders, flooding of illegals, & gushing America with middle easterners. Additionally, the meeting of the minds between R & D's will become closer, if that's possible, hence, what difference will it make who you vote for?

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Ptarmigan: "Obamatrade is very dangerous. The RINOS are for it."  Can't be any truer than that!

Ah, a political soulmate! I wrote about TPP under the general discussion thread, but it is really about politics. This subject really gets under my skin.  I see it as the rino establishment selling out American jobs & middle class incomes.  There could also be security gaps in this trade deal.  & I just have a feeling that Session & Scalise are not the only ones that didn't read the text.  Rinos not only follow Obama, they follow Pelosi's rule, pass the bill so you know what's in it.

From your link:  "What’s more, Scalise and Sessions—and others GOP conference-wide, including even perhaps Boehner—could be vulnerable to serious primary challenges if they continue forward with Obamatrade."  I disagree with this premise. When McCain ran for re-election to the Senate, he pretended to be a conservative again & won.  When Boehner won the House, he boo-hooed & said I get it, & then became enemy #1 to tea party conservatives.  When Ryan ran as Romney's running mate, who knew that he was also pretending to have a conservative side?  But next time around, it won't matter, because the constituency will have permanently changed via open borders, flooding of illegals, & gushing America with middle easterners. Additionally, the meeting of the minds between R & D's will become closer, if that's possible, hence, what difference will it make who you vote for?

The RINOs better be careful. We've used the soapbox, and they ignored and mocked us. We used the ballot box, and they lied to us about their intentions before they mocked and ignored us. There's only one box of American Politics left. They probably don't want to make us use that one...

Offline Belle

Moore rotten stuff coming out of Obamatrade. 
Hey, how's he going to walk around with his swollen head caused by a swollen ego?  Everything gets named after him & I bet he loves it.
Back on topic:

- "Wikileaks has warned that governments negotiating a far-reaching global service agreement are 'surrendering a large part of their global sovereignty' and exacerbating the social inequality of poorer countries in the process."

"...unaccountable private 'trade' tribunals would decide how countries could regulate activities that are fundamental to social well-being,”  Kind of reminds me of the Obamacare death panels.
     http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/trade-agreements-like-tisa-tpp-and-ttip-will-sideline-national-laws-wikileaks-says-10299907.html

- Senator Jeff Sessions "has written a scathing new letter to President Barack Obama pressuring him to explain why Obamatrade has been so secretive."  As usual from his royal majesty, the letter received no reply.

"President Obama has ignored and rejected bipartisan calls for transparency on Obamatrade, and refuses to release to the public the text of TPP that TPA would fast-track."

- "Boehner himself appears not to have (read the bill)", & he was an enthusiastic yes vote.

- Lindsey Graham & Marco Rubio didn't read the bill, & both were yes votes.

- "Obama himself also revealed this week that China has been trying to add itself into the deal, and he and his administration officials have been in talks with the currency manipulator to try to make that happen."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/05/exclusive-sessions-to-obama-why-are-you-keeping-obamatrades-new-global-governance-secret/

Offline Belle

Here's another liberal member of Boehner's team that is actively promoting Obamatrade, but hasn't even read a line of it. 
Mika Brzezinski/MSNBC morning Joe co-host noted that Rep. Mimi Walters (R-CA) "is the official liaison between House GOP freshmen and Speaker Rep. John Boehner(R-OH)"...what is this?  MSNBC is privy to what our taxpayer staff is assigned to?  Anyway, time for some spin:

Walters:  "Currently, what we are working on is Trade Promotion Authority. That issue we expect to take up by the end of the month. And what Trade Promotion Authority, known as TPA, is it’s really the framework of giving the president the opportunity to negotiate trade agreements with other countries. It’s very, very important that we pass this piece of legislation. It’s bipartisan. One in five jobs in America are created because of free trade, 95 percent of consumers are outside of the United States and if America doesn’t take the lead on trade then China is going to. I want America to take the lead and set the standards on trade."

Later in the day Breitbart asked Christine Hardman, Walters' spokeswoman (What?  Does each Rep. get their own private spokesperson?) if she read the bill, & the answer was, no, she hadn't been to the secret room in the basement where the coveted Obamatrade bill lies, enrobed in a tomb of secrecy.

Now ya'll listen to this spin. & unless I don't understand English, well, it appears to me its topsy turvy.

Hardman:  "...With the impending passage of TPA, Rep. Walters will be exercising the numerous congressional oversight rights. It is important to remember that without TPA, President Obama would have much more power to negotiate Free Trade Agreements (FTAs). Without TPA, the President would have unlimited authority to negotiate FTAs while keeping Congress and the American public in the dark."  Wow, is this why Obama wants to pass it so badly?  He wants less power?  Huh?

â€œThe TPP holds great economic potential in that it proposes to further integrate 12 diverse economies in the Asia-Pacific region."

"Representative Walters supports TPA because it empowers Congress, not President Obama."  How? Congress wouldn't get to change a thing, & just have an up or down vote.

Now its my understanding that this would give O much more unilateral power to not only execute trade deals, but to limit Congress's involvement.  Am I wrong on this?

Bottom line:  Hardman must be a genius.  She knows all the details of TPP without having read any text.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/08/exclusive-busted-freshman-gop-rep-admits-she-hasnt-read-obamatrade-backs-msnbcs-defense-of-deal-secrecy/

Offline Boudicca

Yeah, and doltish voters who watch every reality show out there and never any actual news (hard to find, I'll admit) shouldn't be shocked to get saddled with stupid and/or venal representatives.  Of course, both educated voters AND intelligent representatives are, sadly, vastly outnumbered by the dullards.  That's why we have a pResident like Obama and Mr. Pumpkinhead as the House Majority Leader. 
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)