Author Topic: Shot fired at obama HQ's- Shooter must be mad over a video viewing  (Read 7169 times)

Offline Rufus2010

Re: Shot fired at obama HQ's- Shooter must be mad over a video viewing
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2012, 10:34:11 PM »
Aviation Pro went off the rails about the incident.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021529211

Luckily I snagged his post.    :-)

Caution, nasty words ahead.

:mental:

Hey AssPro, bring it on mother****er! :bird:

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2012, 04:08:58 PM »
I agree. Looks like tempered glass.

Tempered glass will crumble like that if it is not laminated. The idea is there are no sharp edges, thus it turns into a pile of marbles, more or less. It's curious why there seems to be more glass outside than inside though.

Yep but when one hunter shoots another one this is a hunting rifle;

Oooooooooooooooooooo, I want one! How much?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 04:11:54 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2012, 04:31:07 PM »
Tempered glass will crumble like that if it is not laminated. The idea is there are no sharp edges, thus it turns into a pile of marbles, more or less. It's curious why there seems to be more glass outside than inside though.

I paid $200 for it back when I got it. Twas (late) last century though LOL. They were still imported here in town by EAA from Ismash. Dunno what the new guys are getting for them. I still want an AK based shotgun. I kick my ass for not getting one when I bought this AK.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2012, 04:58:39 PM »
I paid $200 for it back when I got it. Twas (late) last century though LOL. They were still imported here in town by EAA from Ismash. Dunno what the new guys are getting for them. I still want an AK based shotgun. I kick my ass for not getting one when I bought this AK.

Had a nephew come by this afternoon with a newly acquired Russian 7.62 bolt action from 1942. Damn fine piece of equipment. I'd rate it right up there with a WWII 8mm Mauser. One of the most accurate guns I have ever shot. Shoots just as well and weighs considerably less. Best part is, it was only 120 bucks! Even came with the bayonet, an ammo pouch, cleaning kit, and even gun grease just like military issue during WWII.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:01:58 PM by AllosaursRus »

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2012, 05:04:34 PM »

I got mine for 89.00 7 years ago, still packed in cosmoline.

I would have paid 200.00 just to avoid cleaning it.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »
I got mine for 89.00 7 years ago, still packed in cosmoline.

I would have paid 200.00 just to avoid cleaning it.

This one came off the shelf at Big R. Don't know if they have those in yer neck 'o the woods, but they're a kind of Farm/Ranch supply. They do the cleaning before they sell 'em.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2012, 05:38:45 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Hey dummie? I sooooo scared!!!! You wouldn't last 5 minutes here in West by God Virginia. We may be dumbass hillbillies here but we damn sure can shoot. And ain't no self respecting real WV democrat gonna vote for the idiot in the white house. BTW, the libbies like yourself around here kinda keep their mouths shut about shit like that. Get yer ass kicked... or dead... real quick 'round these parts you start pulling that shit.   :fuelfire: :fuelfire:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2012, 05:39:51 PM »
This one came off the shelf at Big R. Don't know if they have those in yer neck 'o the woods, but they're a kind of Farm/Ranch supply. They do the cleaning before they sell 'em.

My LGS charges $150 for the Mosins.  I'm not sure if they clean them first--somehow, I don't think so.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »
My LGS charges $150 for the Mosins.  I'm not sure if they clean them first--somehow, I don't think so.

Not a Mosin but a Saiga.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2012, 05:48:21 PM »

Isn't this what the Russky was shootin' with in that sniper movie? This is actually the first one I've run across. Seen plenty of Mausers as many came back with relatives from WWII, but not Russian fire arms. The only thing I thought that was in abundance were Kalashnikovs.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »

No shit Allosaurus. I was cutting the grass about a month and a half ago at Mom's house and I must have hit a rock or something and shattered the glass storm door. Didn't know it at the time. It stayed intact, and I didn't have my glasses on and when I looked up it looked like the door was fogged up and I thought the water heater had busted. So good ole Perky goes running up to get in the house and when I pulled the door open all the glass fell out everywhere, most of it outside... and on me. As for no sharp edges... well my big old white butt!!! I got cut all to hell on my arm when the glass came down.

Took me two hours to clean it all up with the shop vac.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2012, 05:58:45 PM »
Not a Mosin but a Saiga.

Tuck, I knew that.  I was addressing AR's point.

AR, my LGS had a sniper Mosin with the old Soviet 4x scope on it, in nice shape, not too long ago.  $600.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2012, 06:11:29 PM »
Tuck, I knew that.  I was addressing AR's point.

AR, my LGS had a sniper Mosin with the old Soviet 4x scope on it, in nice shape, not too long ago.  $600.

Didn't locate a manufacturer on this particular rifle so not sure who made it. Just know it's Russky because of the lettering. Hell maybe it was there. Since Russian might as well be Greek to me. I grew up in the generation that believed the only good Russian was a dead one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2012, 06:21:07 PM »
Didn't locate a manufacturer on this particular rifle so not sure who made it. Just know it's Russky because of the lettering. Hell maybe it was there. Since Russian might as well be Greek to me. I grew up in the generation that believed the only good Russian was a dead one.

It was probably the "Josef Stalin Tractor Factory" out in the Urals.

Chase her.