Author Topic: Attn Moles: Submit your application for thr next quarter MIRT squad  (Read 702 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10132155

EarlG (13,085 posts)

View profile
We are now accepting new volunteers to serve on the MIR Team from October 2012 - January 2013
Volunteers who wish to help keep DU running smoothly should consider joining the Malicious Intruder Removal Team (MIR Team). The role of MIR Team members is simple: they are empowered to revoke the posting privileges of people who show up at DU with the intent to disrupt.

Members of the MIR Team are provided with tools to delete spam posted by people who have had their posting privileges revoked, but they are NOT responsible for removing community standards violations, locking threads, or dealing with violations of DU's Terms of Service wherever they may occur.

If you are a DU member with at least six months of membership, at least 1,000 posts, and proof of identity (ie. you are a Star member or current DU2 donor and made the donation in your own name) then you can apply to be a member of the MIR Team. (Please note that if your Transparency page is displayed, you are disqualified from serving on the MIR Team.)

How do I apply?

Simple: just post in this thread to let us know that you'd like to give it a try, and you could be selected by the Admins. There is no application form to fill out, and no confidentiality agreement to sign. MIR Team members do not have access to any privileged information about other DU members.

We plan to introduce the new MIR Team on Wednesday October 17.

For much more information about the MIR Team, click here!

Some of you know about this already. I recognize a few of you on the volunteer list.

I'm gonna give it a shot.

cbayer (112,272 posts)
6. Interested in serving.

Just say no.

uppityperson (66,204 posts)
9. I would like to volunteer again if you would have me.

View profile
Thank you. I know it'll be a wild couple months but I would love to do it again.

Stinky The Clown (47,495 posts)
15. I would like to serve.

The tutu fairy thinks he's gonna get some mole meat for supper.

SidDithers (22,717 posts)
16. I'm interested. Thanks...nt

View profile
Sid

I nominated him for a top ten DOTY in 2011. He's had a quiet year.

intheflow (23,296 posts)
23. K&R - but I'll defer from serving until after the election.

View profile
Hit me up next time, though!

She must have cramps.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Attn Moles: Submit your application for thr next quarter MIRT squad
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 09:05:13 PM »
So.....

Members of the MIR Team are provided with tools to delete spam posted by people who have had their posting privileges revoked, but they are NOT responsible for removing community standards violations, locking threads, or dealing with violations of DU's Terms of Service wherever they may occur.

They can delete spam, nothing more than that.

Geezuz, as a lowly moderator here, franksolich, and all the moderators, has more power than that.

Much more.

Whoopee.

They can delete spam.

Whoop-doop-de-do.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 09:12:04 PM »
EarlG (13,085 posts)

View profile
We are now accepting new volunteers to serve on the MIR Team from October 2012 - January 2013
Volunteers who wish to help keep DU running smoothly should consider joining the Malicious Intruder Removal Team (MIR Team). The role of MIR Team members is simple: they are empowered to revoke the posting privileges of people who show up at DU with the intent to disrupt.

If you are a DU member with at least six months of membership, at least 1,000 posts, and proof of identity (ie. you are a Star member or current DU2 donor and made the donation in your own name) then you can apply to be a member of the MIR Team. (Please note that if your Transparency page is displayed, you are disqualified from serving on the MIR Team.)

How do I apply?

Simple: just post in this thread to let us know that you'd like to give it a try, and you could be selected by the Admins. There is no application form to fill out, and no confidentiality agreement to sign. MIR Team members do not have access to any privileged information about other DU members.

We plan to introduce the new MIR Team on Wednesday October 17.

For much more information about the MIR Team, click here!

Mole trap.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 09:14:23 PM »
Mole trap.

It hasn't worked yet. Or, so I have heard....

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 10:08:51 PM »
The problem with being on the MIRT is that they can only screw with the low post count noobs. That's where you find all the newly minted moles and trolls that you'd want to leave alone anyway. MIRT can't touch the long-term, dedicated moonbats. That takes the fun out of it.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 03:04:50 AM »
The problem with being on the MIRT is that they can only screw with the low post count noobs. That's where you find all the newly minted moles and trolls that you'd want to leave alone anyway. MIRT can't touch the long-term, dedicated moonbats. That takes the fun out of it.

Uh huh.

Too bad for the primitives.  Foiled again.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 05:05:52 AM »

Just think of the cred you'd get for burning some easily replaceable moles. The HDIC wouldn't look at the particulars, just the body count.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 07:49:05 AM »
They are going to sell more pizzas than Domino's on Nov 6th.
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 07:53:13 AM »
(Please note that if your Transparency page is displayed, you are disqualified from serving on the MIR Team.)

Is that why Obama is not transparent?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 12:07:48 PM »
I have three in so far.

Not to mention the ones already members of SMERSH... I mean, MiRT
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 03:13:02 PM »
It hasn't worked yet. Or, so I have heard....

I have no idea what they're talkin' about! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

They'll never catch me!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Morons! They're typical DemonRats. They think we're ignorant! Idiots!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!