Author Topic: Police knock moonbat on his ass for disrupting Ryan talk- off to the hoosegow  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021113397

NNN0LHI (66,571 posts)

View profile
71-year-old taken to the ground and handcuffed for asking Paul Ryan a question
As Congressman Paul Ryan cracked a joke about him, Tom Nielsen found himself face down on the floor being handcuffed by police. The 71-year-old retired plumber from Kenosha was thrown to the ground, placed in handcuffs, and arrested for trespassing and resisting arrest after objecting to Ryan's plans to gut Social Security and Medicare during his congressman's only public appearance scheduled during the August recess -- a $15 Rotary Club luncheon in West Allis on Tuesday.

Nielsen repeatedly told police that he wasn't fighting them and that he didn't want to make any trouble. He also told them several times that he had a broken shoulder. Police officers ignored his comments as they wrestled him to the ground despite his howls of pain.

Nielsen's comment to Ryan at the luncheon, his arrest, and Ryan's joke are all captured on video available here.

[youtube=425,350]GBhdXfCdaA8[/youtube]

You'd think that by the age of 71 you would grow up, mature and act civilized.

silverweb (12,003 posts)
16. This better mobilize Dems in a very big way.

View profile
I've already been vehement about the stakes in this election, but the Ryan choice poured gasoline on the fire -- and that fire better get under the ass of every Democrat and real freedom-loving voter in the country.

Today's reTHUGs are set on succeeding now at the failed coup they tried against FDR. If we let that happen, the whole world will pay.

Wow. Just wow.

2pooped2pop (1,118 posts)
4. wow, what's the date on that?

View profile
It says "during the August recess", but it wasn't in the last 10 days was it?

That is pretty damning stuff

Star Member NNN0LHI (66,571 posts)
14. Here is a dated link to a HuffPo article about the incident

View profile

Last edited Sat Aug 11, 2012, 05:59 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/07/paul-ryan-wisconsin-protester-handcuffed_n_952818.html

So don is stirring up shit posting a old vid.

Funny he didn't volunteer that info.

RKP5637 (20,567 posts)
8. This would make a great campaign ad for democrats. n/t

I think so too.

Ikonoklast (18,455 posts)
55. Ryan is taunting Karma, big time.

View profile
Ryan's father, grandfather, and great-grandfather all died in their mid to late fifties of heart disease.

Beware sowing the wind, Congressman.

Karma is a moonbat concoction Karma, along with whitelight, doesn't exist.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Old moonbats are funny, young moonbats are just annoying. 
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Delmar

DianaForRussFeingold (1,933 posts)
64. Sad to see an upset old man treated this way..

How could anyone tell a joke at a time like that  That man worked hard all his life and feels he's losing everything...That poor old guy needed a hug!

Sad to see an upset old man treated this way?  Sad to see an old man act that way.

How could anyone tell a joke at a time like that?  "I hope he's taking blood pressure medicine."  Antipsychotics would have been funnier.

DianaForRussFeingold.  From wiki:
Feingold was defeated for re-election on November 2, 2010 by Oshkosh businessman Ron Johnson by a margin of 52% - 47%.

:tongue:

Russ Feingold would have to stand on Tammy Baldwin's shoulders to kiss Paul Ryan's ass.

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline thundley4

I couldn't understand much of what the old lunatic was saying, but he sounded like Bawney Fwank.

Offline ChuckJ

silverweb (12,003 posts)
16. This better mobilize Dems in a very big way.

View profile
I've already been vehement about the stakes in this election, but the Ryan choice poured gasoline on the fire -- and that fire better get under the ass of every Democrat and real freedom-loving voter in the country.

Today's reTHUGs are set on succeeding now at the failed coup they tried against FDR. If we let that happen, the whole world will pay.

What is their definition of 'freedom' other than not having to pay for shit? Have they ever said?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
What is their definition of 'freedom' other than not having to pay for shit? Have they ever said?
Shutting down restaurants that sell chicken sandwiches.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RightCoast

Shutting down restaurants that sell chicken sandwiches.

And pizza
nine eleven is a car

Offline ChuckJ

Chicken sandwiches.

real freedom-loving voter

I just thought of something. Since dog whistle is the DUmp term of choice for now, the 'real freedom-loving voter' statement may be a dog whistle. Who loves freedom? Convicted felons.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline jukin

Old moonbats are funny, young moonbats are just annoying. 

Not true. Both are funny as hell when they get roughly handcuffed and hauled off to the hoosecow (sp?).
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline RightCoast

Not true. Both are funny as hell when they get roughly handcuffed and hauled off to the hoosecow (sp?).

Valid point, on one of those most dumbest TV shows this afternoon some moonbat high school kids in Mexico started calling for world peace.  In the process they blocked rush hour traffic, some guy that did want to be late for work drove right over them.  Mexican hippies flying through the air and being dragged under the car.  Too bad the guy got charged with attempted murder.
nine eleven is a car

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Don't taze me bro. It's amazing libs think disrupting an event is a constitutional right.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Don't taze me bro. It's amazing libs think disrupting a conservative event is a constitutional right.

Slight fix. They don't like it when leftists get disrupted, for an example of that look at the guy in my avatar who had the nerve to shout a question to 0bama.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline obumazombie

Slight fix. They don't like it when leftists get disrupted, for an example of that look at the guy in my avatar who had the nerve to shout a question to 0bama.

What ? WTF ? You mean in this case libs have a double standard ? This has to be the only exception to the rule of lib standards.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
What ? WTF ? You mean in this case libs have a double standard ? This has to be the only exception to the rule of lib standards.

Yep they only have a double standard for this.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 11:30:51 PM »
NNN0LHI (66,571 posts)

71-year-old taken to the ground and handcuffed for asking Paul Ryan a question

As Congressman Paul Ryan cracked a joke about him, Tom Nielsen found himself face down on the floor being handcuffed by police. The 71-year-old retired plumber from Kenosha was thrown to the ground, placed in handcuffs, and arrested for trespassing and resisting arrest after objecting to Ryan's plans to gut Social Security and Medicare during his congressman's only public appearance scheduled during the August recess -- a $15 Rotary Club luncheon in West Allis on Tuesday.

Nielsen repeatedly told police that he wasn't fighting them and that he didn't want to make any trouble. He also told them several times that he had a broken shoulder. Police officers ignored his comments as they wrestled him to the ground despite his howls of pain.

Nielsen's comment to Ryan at the luncheon, his arrest, and Ryan's joke are all captured on video available here.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBhdXfCdaA8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Can't even finish the jingle, because these kinds of people don't feel like anything else.

The guy got up threateningly, and looked like he was going towards Paul. Like any good authority, the cops were on him like white on rice. Who knows what kind of crazy asshole this guy was? I wouldn't want to find out. Good on the cops. :clap:

Sorry DUmmies. Another one bites the dust.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline obumazombie

The libs are getting quite skilled at catching their boomerangs, with their faces.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
You know what? The DUmmies are going to post the same brainless shit in response to this sort of thing that they always do. They have become so painfully predictable that you don't even have to go to DU and read their responses because you already know exactly what they are going to say. OMG! Romney's toast, OMG! the rethugs want to put us all in camps, OMG! this has legs. OMG,OMG,OMG.On and on and on nonstop, unchanging, brainless, senseless bullshit.  :ohnoes: I swear to God, if I won the lottery I would figure out a way to buy DU, and $kinner being the greedy bastard he is would probably sell it too me. The second after the paperwork was signed I pull the plug on that unholy abomination and then I would personally take a sledge hammer and smash every computer, every server terminal or any thing else that's even remotely connected to that forum. I think I have made myself fairly clear.

Now. I have some comments about the old man in the video. Some may not agree with my position, but frankly I don't give a shit. I agree that if you haven't figured out the difference between right and wrong or what is considered acceptable public behavior by the time you are 71 then you have some real issues. I have no idea what was driving this man. Maybe he's just pissed off and just couldn't hold it any longer and had to say something, I'm sure we have all been there. Maybe he's on medication or maybe he needs to be, maybe he has Alzheimer's. I don't know, it doesn't matter. The issue here is that the police used WAY to much force in dealing with this guy. The man told them that he had a shoulder injury and they continued to manhandle him. The old fart was hollering in pain and the cops just kept it up. I am not going to dwell on this but while we are on the subject. A large percentage of the little abusive bastards in uniform that run around this country calling themselves Law Enforcement Officers are totally out of control, and it's getting worse all the time. We see it everywhere. Some examples of abuse are so blatant and outrageous that you can barely stand to watch the video. This ever increasing problem of police violence is our own fault. If we don't wake up pretty soon and put a stop to it, it's going to be too late.You can believe if you want,I don't give shit. That's all I have to say about that. If don't agree with my opinion and attitude regarding police officers and want to talk about it, start a thread and I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you.

Even though I got pissed about how the cops handled that elderly guy, what really got my blood up was that Ryan stood at the podium and make jokes about the situation. What he should have done was to man up and intervene on behalf of the old man. That would have been the decent thing to do,don't you think? He is a congressman for crying out load. He should have flat out told those cops, knock it off. That what they were doing was unnecessary and they needed to stop immediately, or else. But no he didn't do that, he stood up there and made light of what was going on, and his behavior tells me a lot about who he is.  Then I have to ask the question. This arrogant bastard is who I am suppose to be voting for as the Vice Presidential candidate in the upcoming election? I am suppose to take this guy seriously? The truth is that as it stands right now I have no idea what I am going to do when it comes time to vote.

Although I have tried to remain optimistic about the current situation in this country, I guess it's finally time for me to admit to myself that we are literally teetering on the edge of a total internal melt down, the likes of which we have never seen and will probably not survive.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 04:33:14 AM »
Can't even finish the jingle, because these kinds of people don't feel like anything else.

The guy got up threateningly, and looked like he was going towards Paul. Like any good authority, the cops were on him like white on rice. Who knows what kind of crazy asshole this guy was? I wouldn't want to find out. Good on the cops. :clap:

Sorry DUmmies. Another one bites the dust.

After the Gifford shooting, I'd be willing to bet that all disruptor's are on a short leash. You may not have seen it on the vid, but it would be safe to say that at least one cop had a hand on his gun.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Vagabond

You know what? The DUmmies are going to post the same brainless shit in response to this sort of thing that they always do. They have become so painfully predictable that you don't even have to go to DU and read their responses because you already know exactly what they are going to say. OMG! Romney's toast, OMG! the rethugs want to put us all in camps, OMG! this has legs. OMG,OMG,OMG.On and on and on nonstop, unchanging, brainless, senseless bullshit.  :ohnoes: I swear to God, if I won the lottery I would figure out a way to buy DU, and $kinner being the greedy bastard he is would probably sell it too me. The second after the paperwork was signed I pull the plug on that unholy abomination and then I would personally take a sledge hammer and smash every computer, every server terminal or any thing else that's even remotely connected to that forum. I think I have made myself fairly clear.

Now. I have some comments about the old man in the video. Some may not agree with my position, but frankly I don't give a shit. I agree that if you haven't figured out the difference between right and wrong or what is considered acceptable public behavior by the time you are 71 then you have some real issues. I have no idea what was driving this man. Maybe he's just pissed off and just couldn't hold it any longer and had to say something, I'm sure we have all been there. Maybe he's on medication or maybe he needs to be, maybe he has Alzheimer's. I don't know, it doesn't matter. The issue here is that the police used WAY to much force in dealing with this guy. The man told them that he had a shoulder injury and they continued to manhandle him. The old fart was hollering in pain and the cops just kept it up. I am not going to dwell on this but while we are on the subject. A large percentage of the little abusive bastards in uniform that run around this country calling themselves Law Enforcement Officers are totally out of control, and it's getting worse all the time. We see it everywhere. Some examples of abuse are so blatant and outrageous that you can barely stand to watch the video. This ever increasing problem of police violence is our own fault. If we don't wake up pretty soon and put a stop to it, it's going to be too late.You can believe if you want,I don't give shit. That's all I have to say about that. If don't agree with my opinion and attitude regarding police officers and want to talk about it, start a thread and I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you.

Even though I got pissed about how the cops handled that elderly guy, what really got my blood up was that Ryan stood at the podium and make jokes about the situation. What he should have done was to man up and intervene on behalf of the old man. That would have been the decent thing to do,don't you think? He is a congressman for crying out load. He should have flat out told those cops, knock it off. That what they were doing was unnecessary and they needed to stop immediately, or else. But no he didn't do that, he stood up there and made light of what was going on, and his behavior tells me a lot about who he is.  Then I have to ask the question. This arrogant bastard is who I am suppose to be voting for as the Vice Presidential candidate in the upcoming election? I am suppose to take this guy seriously? The truth is that as it stands right now I have no idea what I am going to do when it comes time to vote.

Although I have tried to remain optimistic about the current situation in this country, I guess it's finally time for me to admit to myself that we are literally teetering on the edge of a total internal melt down, the likes of which we have never seen and will probably not survive.

A lot oof what you are saying about the police is true, and it stems from an us vs. them mentality.  Us being the LEOs and them being everybody else regardless of criminal act or intent.  I don't lump all cops into that category, but way too many think exactly that way. 

A huge part of our problem is the war on drugs.  Our goverment actively and knowingly funds both sides.  If the truth were to be told, it is the war on American citizens.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Yep they only have a double standard for this.

If DUmmies didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
The DUmmies think the local po-po was hard on that moonbat?

Had he tried it a week later, the Secret Service would have showed the old coot what REAL knocks feel like.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline RightCoast

The DUmmies think the local po-po was hard on that moonbat?

Had he tried it a week later, the Secret Service would have showed the old coot what REAL knockers feel like.

fixt
nine eleven is a car

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
A lot of what you are saying about the police is true, and it stems from an us vs. them mentality.  Us being the LEOs and them being everybody else regardless of criminal act or intent.  I don't lump all cops into that category, but way too many think exactly that way. 

A huge part of our problem is the war on drugs.  Our government actively and knowingly funds both sides.  If the truth were to be told, it is the war on American citizens.

I agree with what you are saying and I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I get carried away and I don't clarify my statements. I know that not every police officer in the US is an abusive scumbag, and also that figures on the number of police misconduct reports, either actual or made up, are hard to get your head around due to the sheer volume alone. There are incidents of misconduct that go unreported. I still believe that the problem is wide spread and needs to be dealt with, right now. The problem is not unique to the US. Anytime citizens give a certain group of people authority over them there are going to be abuses of that authority. I believe it is human nature to abuse power and authority. We only have to look at our government to see that this true. We the people give the police the authority to enforce laws and by doing so we also give them a certain amount of authority over us.It's the responsibility of the civilian population to keep the police in line. We have shirked our responsibility and allowed the police to monitor themselves, the same is true of our elected officials. We let these people do and say pretty much whatever the hell they feel like, or at least what they think they can get away with, and in this day and age they get away with a lot. It's our own damn fault.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam

[/quote]------------------------------------------------------------------

Having a bad day Bondai,

Of course we will survive we manage to do so one way or the other, by hook or by crook.

You want to see some action, go visit a small town hall meeting.   Some towns broad cast their meetings on Public Access, they feel the public exposure will keep people somewhat polite and orderly.

I have been told that before Cable some of the meetings turned into such mayham that children under 18 were not allowed to attend.

Sort of what we have today with the old time Conservatives trying to keep the town as it was when they were born and the flood of young outsiders moving into town.

Here is how it worked, most of the town was farm land, when the 7 Th. generation owners died off they left the land to relatives that may never have lived in the town  or wanted to move there.  So with some bribes to the zoning commission the new owners sold out to contractors who built homes on the past farm  land.

In came a flood of new comers to the town that the only ties to the town was the new home they had bought.    

New ideas and desires of the new people were beginning to take over the settled long generation family's community and change it radically.     To make matters worse the farmers that scrimpted and saved to send one or 2 children to College found that once educated their kids had no desire to make low wages living in the boondocks and enjoyed the enmities a city in another state has.

So--- Town meetings became and still is a battle ground for the generations.---Last big HOO HARR in my home town was when some young Lawyers bought a out of business day care building and wanted to turn it into a strip club.  WOW, the discussion of this moved into a High School Gym to hold all the pro and con citizens.

Then a bit later some out of townee's bought a farmers field and wanted to turn it into a medical pot growing business.   Back to the Gym for the town folk.

We survive, and will survive, older generations will get their blood pressure up and go spitting mad at the changes, they know if they do not stand their ground tomorrow an apple orchard will become a parking lot for Walmart.  

One of the few benefits of growing old, after 70 years old unless one sets the volunteer Fire Department on fire, the chances of being incarcerated is slim.   May just get better medical care behind bars and a new set of choppers.

So rave on old timers, this is the American way.  

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
So it's a reflection on Paul Ryan on how the police treat a belligerent old fart.

Where does that leave Hanoi John after the infamous "Don't taze me bro!" incident?

That was a Kerry event, after all.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."