Author Topic: I'm pizzed- son of bitches didn't include free dental with my free healthcare  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
One more thing..............the grand total for my fractured arm after all is said and done  (technically I'm not done because I will have to have an elbow replacement at some point in the future) is over $100,000.00.  Yes, that's right.  One hundred thousand dollars for a fractured arm.  That includes emergency care, surgery, hospital care, supplies, and physical therapy. 

We had to pay out of pocket approximately 10% of that but we do have great health insurance, but my husband's company and he pay for that coverage. 

Insurance and medical care would be so much more reasonable if we went back to the concept of catastrophic insurance coverage only.  This copay/free preventative care is what breaks the bank.  My parents used to take us all to the doctor when we got sick, and we weren't rich, but it didn't seem to break their budget. 

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
quinnox (12,347 posts)

View profile

Can you believe this, apparently no dental care is included in the forced insurance

I can't believe that word is even used in something from America.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
I can't believe that word is even used in something from America.

Isn't that the truth?

:argh:

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
MOLE! 

If you think the British people's NHS teeth quality is bad, wait until you experience their healthcare. 

No crap.  I shudder when I hear someone on the fertility site from over there talking about their birth story of their kid.  They don't have private rooms.  You ought to hear what those new moms have to deal with concerning the other patient and their family.  :argh:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.