Author Topic: DU quiz- Are you decent and civilized or a raving moonbat?  (Read 915 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002762891

ashling (15,143 posts)

View profile

Quiz: What Do Your Morals Say About Your Politics?
http://billmoyers.com/content/what-do-your-morals-say-about-your-politics/

Social psychologist Jonathan Haidt theorizes that a person’s position on the political spectrum is a reflection of his or her moral matrix. We’re all guided by the same moral foundations, he posits, but we weigh them differently. Liberals value compassion, or care, over all else, while conservatives assign equal weight to values including care, liberty, fairness, loyalty, authority and sanctity. It’s not that liberals don’t believe in the others, but when faced with a moral dilemma, care (or avoidance of harm) trumps everything else.

Much of Haidt’s analysis is derived from a series of surveys available on his website, YourMorals.org, that ask thought-provoking questions about everything from romantic love to business ethics. Visit his site to explore your own moral values and find out how they relate to your political inclinations. Or start with this 28-question survey, adapted from Haidt’s, about the morally complex and politically divisive issue of criminal justice.

My results:

I surpassed the average conservative on both graphs.

The higher the better for the traditional and for the progressive, the lower the better.

DUmmies are telling their results and you know they're lying through their Government paid for teeth.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: DU quiz- Are you decent and civilized or a raving moonbat?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 02:30:34 PM »
I got a 5.9 on the traditional subscale (3 and 4.4), and a 3.7 on the progressive subscale (5.4 and 4.3).  I did alright.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »
I got a 5.9 on the traditional subscale (3 and 4.4), and a 3.7 on the progressive subscale (5.4 and 4.3).  I did alright.

What's your DU name?  :lmao:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 02:51:39 PM »
What's your DU name?  :lmao:

Smartass! :tongue: O-)

There's no ****ing way I could be that crazy.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 03:07:22 PM »

4.6 and 2.8. I would have been even less progressive but I didn't see any radio buttons for FRY THE MOTHER****ER.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »
I would be reticent to get near anything Bill Moyers is involved in.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 07:53:55 PM »
4.6/3.1

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 08:04:45 PM »
Me:

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 08:29:19 PM »
I usually don't care for these types of polls, as the questions generally are somewhat biased.
Did it anyway.
5.1 and 2.9
Does that mean I'm  bad boy?
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 08:34:54 PM »
Sorry about the back-to-back.
Decide to look at what the DUmp put out.
Flip my numbers, and you have it.

Just went back and tried to answer as a primative.
Got a 2.9 and a 5.1

Strange, that is exactly the opposite of my real results.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:42:49 PM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Delmar

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 08:37:02 PM »
5.1/4

I would've done better but I couldn't tell whether or not the criminals in question were the other.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 01:02:13 AM »
5.7/3.1 here...

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 05:17:34 AM »
I'm gonna guess that knowing some criminals skewed my results...but I sure don't do well for a hard-right-wing Fundie fascist...  I got 4.0 on Traditional and 4.4 on Progressive. 
 :shrug:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 05:58:46 AM »
I'm gonna guess that knowing some criminals skewed my results...but I sure don't do well for a hard-right-wing Fundie fascist...  I got 4.0 on Traditional and 4.4 on Progressive. 
 :shrug:

The questions are ridiculous.  "Should a prison be comfortable?"  That depends, on what your definition of comfort is, but no they shouldn't be really comfortable places.  Relatively safe places of incarceration and, where possible, rehabilitation are what prisons should be.  Then again, personal privacy rates fairly high on my list of comforts.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 08:14:35 AM »
I love how libs predefine the undefinable. Sure, yes, spend money until a country goes bankrupt and there are riots in the streets because you can't bear to watch people not get their goodies. Turn prisons into 5-star hotels for career criminals because the poor babies need to have their creature comforts, but never mind the feelings of victims' families and their needs for justice. Permit gays to marry as gays because, hey man, it's all about love, millennia of tradition is BS and no one cares about that, right?

I thought libs were the biggest proponents of moral relativism, anyway. "We have to understand their cultures are different...."

Show me the way to the vomitorium.