Author Topic: Perry/Bachmann, the primatives are concerned  (Read 726 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Perry/Bachmann, the primatives are concerned
« on: July 15, 2011, 09:35:50 AM »
The island dwellers find something to be conserned about.

no_hypocrisy  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-13-11 10:30 PM
Original message
How Bachmann Could Win
 Edited on Wed Jul-13-11 10:31 PM by no_hypocrisy
Romney is clearly the front-runner for the GOP nomination. But as Michael Tomasky notes, Bachmann’s fundraising prowess places her at the head of the anti-Romney pack.

If you’re not yet taking Michele Bachmann’s candidacy seriously, this may be the week to start. Two polls have arrived show her leading in Iowa, and digging deeper into the numbers—looking at highly motivated caucus-goers, for example—suggests that her lead is even larger than the polls indicate. And then there are her fundraising numbers, which she’ll probably announce this Friday. She won’t beat Mitt Romney, who already announced an $18.5 million take. But she may well announce $7 or $8 million, which would put her well ahead of the rest of the field. It’s all teeing up. Or “tea”-ing up. Depending on which way history’s winds are blowing next spring, Bachmann could very well win the nomination.

First let’s dispense with the mechanics. The non-Romneys have all raised in the range of $4 million or so. That’s awfully small potatoes (remember that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama raised $25 and $30 million, respectively, in the same quarter of 2007). Bachmann has always been strong on money. She was in fact the top fundraiser in the House last year among Republicans, hauling in $13.5 million for what initially looked to be a tough race. As was true of Obama in 2007-08, she gets most of her money (far more than he did, in fact) from small donors, with an average donation of $619.34, suggesting the presence of a large army of people out there who have the money and will to write her one, two, three, or more $500 checks as the nominating process goes on. That will sustain her through the early contests, perhaps even through a loss or two. Assuming she delivers on these apparent quasi-leaks and reports a number in the range of $7 to $8 million, she becomes the clear number two in the field.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1485849

This happened quite quickly.
pnwmom  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-13-11 11:01 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. Or the election could be stolen.
 Or maybe Nader will decide that this is the perfect time to run again.

Not that that's ever happened.
Diebold is on our side. :-)

ProudToBeBlueInRhody  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jul-13-11 10:44 PM
Response to Original message
4. I hope she's the GOP pick
 Obama won't even have to campaign.
Here, drink some more Koolaid. :koolaid:

pnwmom  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-13-11 11:02 PM
Response to Reply #4
6. You remember that when she wins.
 You don't think an election could be stolen?
Or that a third party person such as Nader couldn't jump in to siphon votes from Obama?
What, again?  Nobody take the bait, the first time?

Oops, a nibble.
ProudToBeBlueInRhody  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jul-13-11 11:28 PM
Response to Reply #6
8. An election could be stolen with a legit looking candidate like Romney
 She is not legit.
You keep thinking that, stringofletters.

pnwmom  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-14-11 01:47 AM
Response to Reply #8
11. Complacency is our worst enemy. n/t
Stupidity is your forte.

TlalocW  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-14-11 12:07 AM
9. It doesn't matter - Perry is going to jump in
>snip<
Who? The Texas guy?  :-)

GreenStormCloud (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-14-11 01:42 AM
Response to Reply #9
10. Don't underestimate Perry.
>snip
You're a DUmbass, you don't understand much of anything.

Poopsnout drops in.
Snoutport  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-14-11 01:56 AM
Response to Reply #9
13. +1 Perry and Bachmann is a scary combo
The governor of Texas and a white dudette scare poopsnout. :lmao:

eridani  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-14-11 02:02 AM
14. IF the economy seriously tanks, a totally unqualified asshole could beat Obama
 It isn't clear yet whether that will happen or not.
You mean like a community organizer?? :whistling:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline formerlurker

Re: Perry/Bachmann, the primatives are concerned
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 09:43:15 AM »
I don't think they should be spending any of their valuable sleeping/pot smoking time worried about which candidate will secure the nomination as the election is any GOP candidate's to lose. 

Obama is one term president.   Nothing is going to change that.

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 10:01:58 AM »
What if the ticket is Giuliani/Perry?

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »
What if the ticket is Giuliani/Perry?
Flip it around, and I might consider it.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 11:52:10 AM »
Perry/Bachmann, the primatives are concerned

Throw Rubio's name into the mix to run on a ticket and watch the meltdown.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 07:09:24 PM »
I don't think they should be spending any of their valuable sleeping/pot smoking time worried about which candidate will secure the nomination as the election is any GOP candidate's to lose. 

Obama is one term president.   Nothing is going to change that.
A few years ago on the CBS News with Katie Couric there was a guy named Steve Hartman who did these weekly--I think--stories called Everybody in the World has a Story, or something like that.  He would spin a globe around and then jam his finger down on it or throw a dart at a map to settle on a city for the story.  Upon arriving at the city, he'd open a phone book to a random page and jam his finger down again to pick a person to interview.  This was done to prove that a person selected at random would make for an interesting human interest story. 
I think it would be interesting to see the results if some polling organization would use this method to select a person and poll them against Obama. 
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 07:16:17 PM »
A few years ago on the CBS News with Katie Couric there was a guy named Steve Hartman who did these weekly--I think--stories called Everybody in the World has a Story, or something like that.  He would spin a globe around and then jam his finger down on it or throw a dart at a map to settle on a city for the story.  Upon arriving at the city, he'd open a phone book to a random page and jam his finger down again to pick a person to interview.  This was done to prove that a person selected at random would make for an interesting human interest story. 
I think it would be interesting to see the results if some polling organization would use this method to select a person and poll them against Obama
It would be nice to see it.
Unfortunately, any news outlet would have to taint the results.
It's a shame, it's the truth.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »
Personally, I do not think Bachmann can win the general. The media will do to her what they did to Palin. She is off the NOW plantation. For that same reason I don't think Herman Cain can win, and he is my preferred candidate, for the simple reason he is a smart, successful, black man. He is off the affirmative action plantation. The media will crucify him and dig up everything he ever said while filling in for Boortz. They will dig every Godfathers pizza store closing he ever did. They will dig up some minimum wage loser that will blame getting fired by Cain for his descent to welfare.

I like Cain and I think he would be a very good president. Especially if he can push the fair tax. Unfortunately until we get an unbiased media I just don't think it will happen.

Man wouldn't it be great if a Cain/Bachmann, or a Bachmann/Cain ticket won? Talk about a mainstream media meltdown!!! That could be the final nail in the MSM's coffin.

Not to mention a Dump meltdown!!! Now that would be a hoot!!!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 07:35:17 PM »
Personally, I do not think Bachmann can win the general. The media will do to her what they did to Palin. She is off the NOW plantation. For that same reason I don't think Herman Cain can win, and he is my preferred candidate, for the simple reason he is a smart, successful, black man. He is off the affirmative action plantation. The media will crucify him and dig up everything he ever said while filling in for Boortz. They will dig every Godfathers pizza store closing he ever did. They will dig up some minimum wage loser that will blame getting fired by Cain for his descent to welfare.

I like Cain and I think he would be a very good president. Especially if he can push the fair tax. Unfortunately until we get an unbiased media I just don't think it will happen.

Man wouldn't it be great if a Cain/Bachmann, or a Bachmann/Cain ticket won? Talk about a mainstream media meltdown!!! That could be the final nail in the MSM's coffin.

Not to mention a Dump meltdown!!! Now that would be a hoot!!!
Cain tickles me.  I like him.
He sure has a knack for stirring the ant hill.
I'd vote for the guy.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 05:31:51 AM »
no_hypocrisy  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-13-11 10:30 PM
Original message
How Bachmann Could Win
 Edited on Wed Jul-13-11 10:31 PM by no_hypocrisy

First let’s dispense with the mechanics. The non-Romneys have all raised in the range of $4 million or so. That’s awfully small potatoes (remember that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama raised $25 and $30 million, respectively, in the same quarter of 2007).

How is this comparison relevant? 2007 was an election year.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 07:50:08 AM »
How is this comparison relevant? 2007 was an election year.

??

2008 was an election year.   2011 would be the equivalent to 2007 absolutely.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 08:12:43 AM »
??

2008 was an election year.   2011 would be the equivalent to 2007 absolutely.

DUH!!

I shoulda stayed in bed. I've been up since 3.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 08:43:12 AM »
DUH!!

I shoulda stayed in bed. I've been up since 3.

LOL, I hear you!