Author Topic: Heavy mouth-breathing over NC veto.....small fire getting better.  (Read 703 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
The NC legislature overturns liberal govs. veto.
DUmmies in a dither.
This could get really good.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=439&topic_id=1301329&mesg_id=1301329
devilgrrl  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-15-11 02:09 PM
Original message
How Awesome!!!!! North Carolina GOP Overrides Veto, Axes Planned Parenthood Funding
 Advertisements [?]
Edited on Wed Jun-15-11 02:15 PM by devilgrrl
Republican state representatives in North Carolina voted to override Democratic Gov. Bev Perdue's veto of the state budget Wednesday morning, ensuring that a provision to strip all federal and state money from Planned Parenthood will take effect on July 1. North Carolina is now the third state, after Indiana and Kansas, to defund the family planning provider because it also provides abortions.

Planned Parenthood of North Carolina (PPNC), which has nine clinics across the state, provides affordable birth control (abortion), preventative health care (abortion) and family planning (abortion) services to over 25,000 men and women. Without the $434,000 a year it usually receives in state and federal funds, Planned Parenthood says it will now have to axe its teen pregnancy prevention and adolescent parenting programs and force its low-income patients to pay out of pocket.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/15/north-carolina...

This is so awesome!!!!!!

Wieners going down, so is Planned Parenthood, Unions are being busted, teachers are the sole reason that education is failing. It couldn't get better for the baggers!!!!

EVERYONE AT DU HAPPY NOW??????????????
We're happy, aren't you happy?

madrchsod  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-15-11 02:12 PM
Response to Original message
1. no.........
Yesssss!

WingDinger  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-15-11 02:12 PM
2. The indignities are reaching critical mass. Soon we all will be street fightin' men.
 Our pushback will come suddenly. 
Bring your pink purse, Rumbo.

snooper2 (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-15-11 03:03 PM
Response to Reply #8
27. Can you imagine President Bachmann with a repuke Senate and House

Yessss!

This one is interesting.
Angry Dragon  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-15-11 02:21 PM
9. What the people need to do is make a list of all the politicians
 that voted for the override with their telephone numbers and addresses so they people that need help can go and knock on their doors and tell them they need money for medical services. As long as the politicians don't think the people need the care then they can pay for it.
It's not the politicians, grumpy lizzard. It's the taxpayers. The taxpayers  said no.

The grumpy lizzard continues...
I would also work to see that all pensions and medical insurance that the taxpayers pay for the politicians is stopped right now.
That is the only fair way to do it. 
Where have we heard this before. :whistling:

xchrom  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-15-11 02:29 PM
Response to Reply #10
12. i may be wrong -- but i think the point is that dems to come out swinging on every issue.
 all the time.

dems play nice guy too much -- & then we wind up here.

like i say -- i may be wrong.
You're wrong.  Feel better now? :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: Heavy mouth-breathing over NC veto.....small fire getting better.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 03:29:31 PM »
The murdering DUmmies can keep their ass in NC. Don't come to TN looking for help in killing your kids. Tell yourself that TN is a fundie red state.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »
Wieners going down, so is Planned Parenthood, Unions are being busted, teachers are the sole reason that education is failing. It couldn't get better for the baggersTea Party Members!!!!

EVERYONE AT DU HAPPY NOW??????????????

Very cool! I'm happy! and Rush has a new Iced Tea out called Two If By Tea :yahoo:

http://www.twoifbytea.com/
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:35:58 PM »
And all of it under O'bama's watch.

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 03:38:42 PM »
RandomThoughts  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-15-11 02:13 PM
4. Actually the proper statement would be.
 Edited on Wed Jun-15-11 02:36 PM by RandomThoughts
It can't get worse, what are they going to do, try and take my beer and travel money?

And I am due beer and travel money, and that will be sent.

He's been waiting for quite some time.  

Hey, great news for our Tennessee CCer's!

NightHawk63 (441 posts)      Wed Jun-15-11 03:23 PM
Response to Reply #19
30. My friends here ask me why I'm leaving Memphis...
 ...for Vancouver at the end of the month. Even if it wasn't a long-time dream of mine, the rabid teabaggery that's taken over here would have driven me out.  

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 03:39:59 PM »
And all of it under O'bama's watch.

KC

And what are they yapping about? a veto couldn't be over-ridden if they didn't have the votes, it's not like they did something illegal like start a war in Libya.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 03:49:59 PM »

And what are they yapping about? a veto couldn't be over-ridden if they didn't have the votes, it's not like they did something illegal like start a war in Libya.

Heh.  If O'bama keeps this up I may have to vote for him in the Republican Primaries!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »

On top of that, the five dems that voted for it originally once again voted to override the veto.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Poor Bev..................man the changes she's made over the past 20+ years.

Though as a eastern NC resident and tax payer..............this bill still SUCKS!!!!! :banghead:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 03:52:17 PM »
NightHawk63 (441 posts)      Wed Jun-15-11 03:23 PM
Response to Reply #19
30. My friends here ask me why I'm leaving Memphis...
 ...for Vancouver at the end of the month. Even if it wasn't a long-time dream of mine, the rabid teabaggery that's taken over here would have driven me out.   
Because Democrats and liberals have done such a good job making Shelby County a great place to live. :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 04:12:32 PM »
AW CRAP! Just when it was starting to get good.
Rhiannon12866   (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-15-11 04:55 PM
40. Locking
 Please feel free to repost without the slam on DU members.

Thanks for your understanding.

Rhiannon12866 - DU Moderator
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 04:15:35 PM »
The murdering DUmmies can keep their ass in NC. Don't come to TN looking for help in killing your kids. Tell yourself that TN is a fundie red state.

At the request of Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam, the entirety of a 335,000 federal family planning grant will go to the Metro Nashville Public Health Department which previously had shared  the grant with Planned Parenthood of Middle and East Tennessee.

http://www.nationalrighttolifenews.org/news/2011/06/tennessee-redirects-funding-away-from-ppfa-to-public-health-departments/
I knew I had seen this ealier.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 04:20:17 PM »
Because Democrats and liberals have done such a good job making Shelby County a great place to live.
Everyone who could, left Memphis years ago. Memphis is to Tennessee is as Gary is to Indiana.
Two decent and civilized states, each with an open, running abcess in one corner.

And as far as Planned Parenthood is concerned, based on the DUmmy's numbers, if each of those 25,000 North Carolinians they "serve" would shell out just seventeen bucks apiece, they'd make up for the lost tax money and still be able to legally kill their children.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 06:34:01 PM »
WingDinger  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-15-11 02:12 PM
2. The indignities are reaching critical mass. Soon we all will be street fightin' men.
 Our pushback will come suddenly.

I've seen 'threats' like this numerous times since I joined CC in 2010.  Not once have I seen any of your lazy asses actually backing up your threats of 'rioting in the streets'.  Let me know when you're serious.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 08:48:01 AM »
I've seen 'threats' like this numerous times since I joined CC in 2010.  Not once have I seen any of your lazy asses actually backing up your threats of 'rioting in the streets'.  Let me know when you're serious.

Jess, in the meantime, you and hubby keep going to the range, ya hear? :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.