Author Topic: 2012, ground-hog year for the primatives  (Read 448 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
2012, ground-hog year for the primatives
« on: June 05, 2011, 01:30:25 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1229493
Nice little campfire burning here.
Pleas for DUacing, pleas for DUnothing.

Out of the gate.
franzia99 (428 posts)      Sat Jun-04-11 06:37 PM
Original message
Warning: Repeat of 2010 on the horizon
 Unemployment is above 9% and will still be above 8% at least (economists are predicing 8.5% for 2012) come November 2012. Dems have the presidency and senate and will probably get more blame than the republicans will. Dems either need to go all out and do what needs to be done (or be replaced in primaries with dems who will), or at least show they're trying, or there's going to be a repeat of 2010. Ignore or berate all you want, but that's a recipe for 2012 failure.

PS. I was among those predicting the 2010 shellacking. There's just nothing you can say to people to make a horrible situation okay. Action, not words is what's required. Ignore at your peril.

Francynumbers lectures.

CC  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jun-04-11 06:43 PM
Response to Original message
1. Dems should start laying the blame at the feet of the GOP.
They are the ones that control the House and half of the Senate.
Not quite.

franzia99 (428 posts)      Sat Jun-04-11 06:46 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. I agree they need to fight for control of the message.
Yes, that is exactly what libs want.

This was a cute exchange.
SidDithers  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jun-04-11 10:40 PM
Response to Original message
22. I don't believe you predicted anything in 2010...
 You sound like just another Monday morning quarterback to me.

Sid
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
 franzia99 (428 posts)      Sat Jun-04-11 10:49 PM
Response to Reply #22
25. Oh yes I did, a lot of people did. I wasn't a poster here then, but I did among my friends

:rotf: :rotf:

One more laugh.
franzia99 (428 posts)      Sat Jun-04-11 11:08 PM
Response to Reply #28
29. We need a movement like the tea party within the dem party
 I think a good enough web based strategy could make it possible for people to win dem primaries without having support from wealthy donors.
You idiots tried that twice already, Francynumbers.
How'd that work out for you. :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: 2012, ground-hog year for the primatives
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 02:24:48 PM »
franzia99 (428 posts)      Sat Jun-04-11 11:08 PM
Response to Reply #28
29. We need a movement like the tea party within the dem party
 I think a good enough web based strategy could make it possible for people to win dem primaries without having support from wealthy donors.

The problem with that is, you have to dole out freebies and bus people in for that kind of thing. You can't get the kind of grassroots support the Tea Party has. Hell when you guys gather, you can't even clean up your own damn trash, much less get many people to put down the bong and sign off DU long enough to go do something.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline sybilll

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 03:29:35 PM »
I liked this thread where they are trying to predict the next GOP candidate, which apparently is a ham sandwich.  "If the economy continues deteriorating for the next year, a ham sandwich will be able to beat Obama"
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=439&topic_id=1231213&mesg_id=1231213

They are pretty apoplectic today.  Fun stuff. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »
I liked this thread where they are trying to predict the next GOP candidate, which apparently is a ham sandwich.  "If the economy continues deteriorating for the next year, a ham sandwich will be able to beat Obama"
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=439&topic_id=1231213&mesg_id=1231213

How ya doing Sybilll?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 05:26:12 PM »

A ham sandwich? I think there is a muslim joke in there somewhere.  :whistling:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 05:27:19 PM »
A ham sandwich? I think there is a muslim joke in there somewhere.  :whistling:

Well, if everybody got a ham sandwich, that'd be more than what the Big Zero's given us.
apres moi, le deluge