Author Topic: The Hypocrisy of the Right in full view... Anyone remember the Dixie Chicks  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Peacetrain  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-21-10 12:41 PM
Original message
The Hypocrisy of the Right in full view... Anyone remember the Dixie Chicks

who said they were ashamed of Bush being from their state.. and the unholy stink they raised over it.

The outrage they expressed?

Where are those people when we have name calling and spitting on congresspeople by the tea people?

Where is the outrage from the right?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7971235

Hey moron we were upset that they dissed Bush on foreign soil.
Now we have a president who disses the US on foreign soil. How times have changed.

And you wanna talk about hypocrisy? Pre 2009 dissent is patriotic after 2009 sit down and shut up.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Specbid

Where are those people when we have name calling and spitting on congresspeople by the tea people?

Because it didn't happen a$$wipe.

Offline thundley4

The media in general stood up for the Dixie Chicks, it was just country radio that mostly stopped playing them.  That was at the behest of their listeners.

Conversely, I don't see anyone praising the acts that were alleged to happen.  Since there hasn't been clear audio/video, just the claims by the DimRats.

Offline Specbid

Conversely, I don't see anyone praising the acts that were alleged to happen...

Exactly right. I don't believe any of this (except calling barney a fag.) If anyone was spit on, or anyone was called a n*****, I guarantee Conservatives will denounce such actions. I do not believe a Conservative would spit on a congressmen.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Maybe they didn't actually yell those names or spit, but just like Jimmuh's lust, it was in their hearts. I know it's in mine.

I don't know how it's possible to equate the ignorant, treasonous behavior of the Dixie Chicks, especially the little fat one, with the actions of people who are, after all, only alleged to have called a spade a spade.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Natalie Maines' remarks were specifically about the war and were made on foreign soil while we had troops under fire.

When you find a conservative who does such a thing that provides propaganda material for our enemies and possibly rallies them to fight harder, let me know. That's a special kind of assholery.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Specbid

Maybe they didn't actually yell those names or spit, but just like Jimmuh's lust, it was in their hearts. I know it's in mine.

I don't know how it's possible to equate the ignorant, treasonous behavior of the Dixie Chicks, especially the little fat one, with the actions of people who are, after all, only alleged to have called a spade a spade.

If you're suggesting it's okay to call black people ni****, I'm on the wrong site.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
If you're suggesting it's okay to call black people ni****, I'm on the wrong site.
Oh, please! No more so than Jimmuh actually committing adultery.
It's good to know the DUmp doesn't have a monopoly on drama queens.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
The Dixie Twits are opening for the Eagles. That should tell you something about their career.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Airwolf

I could believe that there MAY have been a small number of asshat KKK types in the crowd BUT I also do not think that any REAL conservative would just stand by and allow it to continue under the guise of protesting the  HCR bill. STill until they have video or audio of it happening its just another failed bouncy tale.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Specbid....."political correctness" is not an admirable virtue here......

who are, after all, only alleged to have called a spade a spade.

I would not, in my wildest dream, consider this a racial slur, if that is what you are referring to......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Specbid

Oh, please! No more so than Jimmuh actually committing adultery.
It's good to know the DUmp doesn't have a monopoly on drama queens.

I don't give a **** about jimmy carter, and i"m not a drama queen...

Sounds to me you're a racist. I don't care to be associated with racists. See ya.

Offline happy1ga

Cheering, shoes, Bush. Some hypocritical assembly required.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot

Sounds to me you're a racist. I don't care to be associated with racists. See ya.

if ya got your knickers in a twist over this
who are, after all, only alleged to have called a spade a spade.

I have a news flash for ya..YOU ARE A DRAMA QUEEN!!!
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Another remark like that, and your responses will be deleted........If you have an axe to grind, take it to "Fight Club"....

I gave you a staff decision on the comment in question, if you don't like it, feel free to go elsewhere.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
I gave you a staff decision on the comment in question, if you don't like it, feel free to go elsewhere.....

Comment deleted by moderator
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:03:27 PM by TVDOC »

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
if ya got your knickers in a twist over this

I have a news flash for ya..YOU ARE A DRAMA QUEEN!!!

Comment deleted by moderator
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:02:39 PM by TVDOC »

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
`Tis ok by me.
It's just a slanderous name and blacks do that not only to whites but to themselves on a daily basis.
(Cracker, The Man, Whitey - et al.)
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline dutch508

• Remember
`Tis ok by me.
It's just a slanderous name and blacks do that not only to whites but to themselves on a daily basis.
(Cracker, The Man, Whitey - et al.)

Because the leftist act like assholes doesn't mean that we have to.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline PatriotGame

EEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RACISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disagree with a NEGRO or a white liberal that USES negros for their OWN political gain and you are a RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** off you leftist hypocritical tool!

****** indeed....YOU are the racist and I guarantee you haven't the IQ horsepower to know why.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:57:25 PM by PatriotGame »

Offline PatriotGame

Because the leftist act like assholes doesn't mean that we have to.
Oh I agree but I do NOT think we are acting like assholes at all. Besides, civil discourse is often warranted. Especially when false accusations of racism and the warrant destruction of the Constitution is at hand.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Look, I don't like the word or any other derogatory terms, regardless of who uses them or in what context.

That being said, the double-standard has gone on for far too long.  You want a truly color-blind society?  Quit playing the victim card, pull yourself up without any "hep" from anyone but yourself and your community, and then we can all move on.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford