Author Topic: The I-95 nightmare:  (Read 840 times)

Offline CC27

The I-95 nightmare:
« on: June 12, 2023, 07:04:29 AM »
PCIntern (23,896 posts)

The I-95 nightmare:

Call me naïve, but in my experience trucks which carry gasoline or other significant flammable petroleum products have a remarkably low rate of catastrophe, despite the action films of the 80s and 90s. Weirdly, not only did this truck explode under the busiest highway in the United States, but fascinatingly, and I don’t know about you, but I don’t think there are very many private citizens owning these trucks and driving them around. No petroleum company or distributor has been named in this and even the BP spill in the ocean, was immediately acknowledged by the company who owned the oil rig responsible for that nightmare. The governor and the police are staying very close-lipped ans to cause and in concert with the published RW threat to “watch the bridges“, this is of great concern.

As many here remember, a Ryder truck was left outside of a federal building in Oklahoma City to “great effect“. Perhaps this Sunday’s explosion and fire is the warning shot over the bow and I fully understand why they are playing their cards close to the vest, but we as individuals need to keep our eyes open during this next political epoch, because it is quite possible that domestic terrorists, who may have learned a lesson from the January 6 riot, are going to resort to different means of “protest”, and I’m using that term quite loosely.

Remember, when the Republicans refused to acknowledge the existence of domestic terrorism? They may well have been aware of plans years in advance to make a move on the government and the sanctity of democracy. Yes I know I’m going a long way from a fire to the overthrow of the government, but at the very least this is how the movie starts. And we’ve all seen those movies…

//www.democraticunderground.com/100217997142

The  point of this stupid shit?

Offline Delmar

Re: The I-95 nightmare:
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 07:09:23 AM »
the sanctity of democracy.

Government worship--that's their religion.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 07:14:50 AM »

Insinuating that some random truck explosion could be a precursor to an upcoming attack by the famous "MAGA extremists".

but we as individuals need to keep our eyes open during this next political epoch, because it is quite possible that domestic terrorists, who may have learned a lesson from the January 6 riot, are going to resort to different means of “protest”, and I’m using that term quite loosely.

Yes, your side does use the term protest loosely. The phrase "fiery but mostly peaceful" comes to mind.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 07:49:40 AM »

Verbosity exceeding intelligence.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2023, 08:02:49 AM »
Wait a minute!

I was told by the DUmmies that fire cannot melt steel and that it was settled science backed up with experiments using chicken wire and some bricks or something.  :mad:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2023, 08:06:49 AM »
Wait a minute!

I was told by the DUmmies that fire cannot melt steel and that it was settled science backed up with experiments using chicken wire and some bricks or something.  :mad:

:hi5: & :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2023, 10:13:00 AM »
It’s white supremists acting out
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2023, 12:19:26 PM »
Wait a minute!

Orange flame bad.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2023, 06:02:09 PM »
So, evidently the drivers remains have been identified. Hilarity between Minnesota Moses and PCmoron ensue..

MineralMan (145,336 posts)

86. Perhaps you jumped the gun a bit?

Considering thats what you schmucks do with every story, its not exactly a shock.

PCIntern (23,902 posts)

89. No I don't think so

I believe it was not unreasonable to posit that there may have been a nefarious motive behind this catastrophe. When asked specifics, the governor, the mayor, and other officials deflected the questions by saying that it was an ongoing investigation. Obviously, they thought it was a possibility and apparently that is not the case. I have no problem in this environment being very suspicious of anything on toward which happens to infrastructure or individuals and I apologize for nothing in this regard.

Well, at least we know where this crackhead "Dentist" stands.

90. OK.

Thats it? Mr Wordsmith?

87. Since you did not link to the story about the driver being identified:

I will:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10143087112

:popcorn:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2023, 07:02:44 PM »
Wait a minute!

Perhaps we need to check with the VRWC ordnance and make sure none if the softball sized mini-nukes have gone missing…

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2023, 08:39:00 PM »
I'm sure the current situation we as a nation find ourselves in, calls for a re-write of The I-95 Song.
Well...
Here comes Joey with his pecker in his hand
He's a one-ball man and he's off to the rodeo...

:whistling:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2023, 08:07:12 AM »
 :rotf: So the deceased truck driver isn't the white supremacist gun-humping (insert Prog stereotypes here) Trump voter PCIntern seeks? :tongue: As usual? :tongue: Unsurprisingly. :rotf:

If conclusion-jumping were an Olympic sport, DUmmies would sweep the medals platform at every Olympiad.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2023, 08:12:50 AM »
The poorly designed exit may have been the cause. Just another example of racist roadways  :thatsright:
I’m sure pete butplug will be all over it  :-)

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2023, 12:26:53 PM »
Funny how all these disasters in our transportation systems from clogged ports and train derailments to bridge collapses and interstate highway shutdowns all happened under our first queer and super unqualified transportation secretary.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2023, 12:38:06 PM »
Funny how all these disasters in our transportation systems from clogged ports and train derailments to bridge collapses and interstate highway shutdowns all happened under our first queer and super unqualified transportation secretary.

Have they found a way to blame Trump yet?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2023, 01:06:43 PM »
Have they found a way to blame Trump yet?

PCIntern was trying to get there, but as usually happens to DU-folks' Reich-Wing Conspiracies, reality got in the way.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2023, 03:10:54 PM »
PCIntern was trying to get there, but as usually happens to DU-folks' Reich-Wing Conspiracies, reality got in the way.

You mean their reality filter is malfunctioning and reality snuck in?

Oh the horror!!!! :argh:

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2023, 12:33:29 PM »
Yes, your side does use the term protest loosely. The phrase "fiery but mostly peaceful" comes to mind.
A few other things that come to my mind when I see the DUmmmies wetting their panties over "right wing extremists":
1. In late 2021, the Dummies expressing more sympathy for the psycho who committed the Waukesha Christmas Parade Attack than for his victims.
2. In March, the DUmmies making one thread after another portraying the Nashville Christian school shooter as a brave and noble hero/ martyr taking a righteous stand for "trans rights," mourning and weeping over her death, and portraying her victims (including the children) as evil bigot monsters who all deserved to die.
3. Just a month or so ago, the infamous DUmmy undergroundpanther expressing a deep desire to massacre as many Republicans and Christians as possible.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2023, 04:53:06 PM »
A few other things that come to my mind when I see the DUmmmies wetting their panties over "right wing extremists":
1. In late 2021, the Dummies expressing more sympathy for the psycho who committed the Waukesha Christmas Parade Attack than for his victims.
2. In March, the DUmmies making one thread after another portraying the Nashville Christian school shooter as a brave and noble hero/ martyr taking a righteous stand for "trans rights," mourning and weeping over her death, and portraying her victims (including the children) as evil bigot monsters who all deserved to die.
3. Just a month or so ago, the infamous DUmmy undergroundpanther expressing a deep desire to massacre as many Republicans and Christians as possible.

Well, in his.. her... its defense, thats pretty normal behavior.  :whatever:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2023, 05:43:09 PM »

Just because crap like that is what we've all learned to expect from UG Pee, doesn't mean that the perfectly serviceable word 'normal' should ever be tortured by being used in s/h/its context.

There is NOTHING normal about UG Pee...   :hammer:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2023, 08:49:16 AM »

DU-folks' expression of violent desires toward people who dare disagree with them - and acceptance/tolerance of these verbalized violent desires - is on proud display all over DU, from its inception to the present. Utterly different, BTW, from the Come-At-Me-Bro "threats" to defend oneself that are sometimes posted here. UGP's hatred and expressions of violent desires are DU-Normal.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 08:57:10 AM by SVPete »