Author Topic: Obama v Fox News - Greta responds to his whining....  (Read 13373 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Obama v Fox News - Greta responds to his whining....
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2009, 12:15:10 PM »
It takes more than it takes now to pass. I don't think the class of 1990 had to pass an Algebra course.

The implementation of No Child Left Behind was supposed to hold students back who couldn't pass the test. Actually addressing the issues is another matter.

You can't become a teacher now unless you get the licensure. Your GPA needs to be so high in order to be allowed into a licensure program. You also need a four year degree. You can do lateral entry, but they have to be desperate.

I remember standards being lower when I was a kid.

Anyway, the Governor is a she and not a he. If you live in NC, then her name if Bev Perdue. They make a big deal out of her being the first female Governor and supposedly a real progressive (like hell she is). I can't stand her though because she's increasing taxes like crazy, attacking education, and not showing at all where the money is going. Ugh! Disgusting. Some of this was a problem before Perdue, but she's perfecting it. Rob us blind and won't tell us where the money is going. Ugh!

I GRADUATED high school in 1970 in Illinois.

To get into college, one year of algebra and one year of geometry was required. I took them in 9th and 10th grade.

I find it hard to believe that NC did not have similar requirements for entrance into college.

In Illinois, to graduate from HS and receive a diploma only required 1 year of basic math, but another course was required to supplement it.

A student was required to be in either College Prep, Business School, or Vocational. Each path had different requirements. "Business" kids had to take accounting for a second year towards a math requirement. I don't remember what the "Vocational" kids had to take, they were doing carpentry, mechanics, electrical, etc, and had  some type of course that provided a second year towards the math requirement also.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2009, 12:20:58 PM »
Ann Coulter wasn't elected...Ann Coulter isn't the President.  Quite a leap THERE.

Yeah but she's GORGEOUS in person!!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:24:43 PM by TxRadioguy »
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Lanie

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2009, 12:34:24 PM »
His "unscripted" Town Hall meetings are nothing more than pre planned propaganda.

The people asking the questions are picked beforehand with pre-approved questions that O already know are coming.

And I guess that Bridget would consider the ABC infomercial from the White House is balanced journalism. :whatever:

Uh no, I've already spoken out against that in another thread.

All this drama in another thread about how I don't show where my agreements are, won't take up for the righties on this or that. Here's proof it doesn't matter to some people. Asshole.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2009, 12:38:57 PM »

I GRADUATED high school in 1970 in Illinois.

To get into college, one year of algebra and one year of geometry was required. I took them in 9th and 10th grade.

I find it hard to believe that NC did not have similar requirements for entrance into college.

In Illinois, to graduate from HS and receive a diploma only required 1 year of basic math, but another course was required to supplement it.

A student was required to be in either College Prep, Business School, or Vocational. Each path had different requirements. "Business" kids had to take accounting for a second year towards a math requirement. I don't remember what the "Vocational" kids had to take, they were doing carpentry, mechanics, electrical, etc, and had  some type of course that provided a second year towards the math requirement also.

I just remember how it was growing up. My sister, who graduated in 1990 had just barely graduated before the Algebra requirement. She had already taken it though. When I graduated, one needed particular courses to go into college (like Biology and foreign languages).

I think the big issue of concern though was that you really didn't have to do much to graduate from High School. Kids were sometimes promoted who shouldn't have been.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2009, 02:19:49 PM »
I just remember how it was growing up. My sister, who graduated in 1990 had just barely graduated before the Algebra requirement. She had already taken it though. When I graduated, one needed particular courses to go into college (like Biology and foreign languages).

I think the big issue of concern though was that you really didn't have to do much to graduate from High School. Kids were sometimes promoted who shouldn't have been.

Bullshit.............well atleast in NC.

I graduated before 1990 and colleges required foreign langauge and math. I took Algebra I&II, Geometry, Biology, Physical Science all prior to 1990 in NC.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2009, 05:54:41 PM »
Really?  Then you are better than the park service...police departments and others that actually count the people that attend these rallies.

I think your problem is that you prefer to believe the propaganda handed out by the leftist pro terrorist folks you are "rallying" with than the actual numbers.

I haven't been to a protest around D.C. yet that had MORE than 20K.

Because the media is too stupid/lazy to know that Libertarians are NOT part of the Conservative Republican movement.  They just assume it's another CONservative getting what he deserved.

Now has that been some dope smoking slacker punk war protestor getting the business end of the baton it would have garnered a weeks worth of coverage.

If it makes the left look bad or the right look good...you'll never hear a peep.

What the **** are you talking about you twit?  The ONLY "side of things" that the MSM reports...propagandizes...lip synchs IS THE LEFTIST POINT OF VIEW!!!!!

Jesus H. Christ...that statement right there PROVES to me that you are soo far to the left you can't SEE the center much less understand where it is.

Take a look folks...right here is THE shining example of what 12 years of Liberal Indoctrination via public school and watching nothing but the MSM produces.

If what you're shoving passes for an "open mind" someone needs to break out the jaws of life.

I don't give a rats ass if you're some kind of "convert".  What I'm trying to tell you...is that you've been completely brainwashed...to the point you don't even realize it.

:whatever:

Tx how many times now have you had this type ofconversation with her? It's a lost cause trust me. Some fights just never go our way.It's better to just ignore the loons rants.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2009, 06:03:02 PM »

Even back in the dark ages when I was in school, there were specific requirements to get into college. Did you think they just let anyone in who wanted to go? I went during the VietNam years....it was very competitive to get into college.

I had 2 years of math, 4 of English including a semester of nothing but Shakespeare, and a semester of writing, 4 of science including a year of Anatomy and Physiology and a year of Chemistry, 3 years of French, 4 years of history. Granted I didn't do any more math than was required, but I didn't "skate" through high school. My junior and senior year, my first class was at 7am, and I was out by 12:30 my junior year, and 11:30 my senior year.

I did go to a state university (Northern Illinois Univ), but it was also one of the hardest to get into.

Kids weren't passed if they didn't earn it, and they didn't get into college if they didn't have the grades or the ACT scores.

I also didn't skate through college after my first semester of "playtime"...and I graduated in 4 years.

You are making statements, Lanie, that are either lacking in knowledge or very naive.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2009, 07:21:23 PM »
I also didn't skate through college after my first semester of "playtime"...and I graduated in 4 years.

You are making statements, Lanie, that are either lacking in knowledge or very naive.

I'm not going to say how I know what I know. I'll just be attacked again, and this is one area I don't want to deal with it.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2009, 09:43:44 PM »

Yeah but she's GORGEOUS in person!!!

What a lucky guy.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2009, 01:39:54 AM »
...and the fact that you don't see the others leaning rabid-assed far left proves you're crazy as a fruitbat.

I guess she think that Oberdick and Chris creepy legs have conservatives on their programs on a regular basis.