Author Topic: DUmmie poll: Is there such a thing as men's rights when it comes to abortion?  (Read 1411 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
undeterred  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 01:00 PM
Original message
Poll question: Is there such a thing as men's rights when it comes to abortion?
 Edited on Mon Mar-10-08 01:06 PM by undeterred
Poll result (241 votes) 
No  (136 votes, 56%) Vote
No but there should be  (32 votes, 13%) Vote
No and anyone who thinks there should be is a pig  (3 votes, 1%) Vote
Yes they have the right to use a condom or abstain  (50 votes, 21%) Vote
No but the father should be informed  (7 votes, 3%) Vote
Other  (13 votes, 5%) Vote

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=2982607&mesg_id=2982607
It's a good size fire but strangely, full of the lowest of the low in primitive land. At least from what I could see.

the buggy one makes an appearance -
mike_c  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 02:53 PM
Response to Reply #49
53. see #51-- women can't have it both ways....
 Rather than speaking about who has rights over who's body, I think it's also a matter of who has rights over who's reproductive opportunities. If it is true that male partners have no rights over their female partners' bodies, then it's also true that female partners have no rights regarding where male partners seek their reproductive opportunities, i.e. whom they share sperm with.

Hissyspit  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 01:07 PM
Response to Original message
15. Men can't die in childbirth. n/t 

This thread/poll made it to wizbang and they managed to capture some common sense before it apparently got flushed -
One person challenged the DU abortion gospel:

TheWraith: The right to at the very least talk to someone and try to persuade them to a different course isn't a violation of anybody's rights, and pretending like the woman in this scenario is some weak-willed moron incapable of taking dissenting opinions is mommy-knows-best protectionism at its worst.

By the way, you both seem to operate on the implicit idea that getting pregnant is something nasty that men do to women, and that women are powerless to stop--conveniently forgetting that women have several times more contraceptive options than men do. Try giving the women you're talking about measures of credit and responsibility as well as sympathy. In case anybody forgot, it takes two people to make babies. The idea that maybe both sides of that interaction should at least have input on the final decision is not unreasonable.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 02:00:17 PM by DixieBelle »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
This is a topic that got me banned for life from another liberal board.  Apparently the females on the board didn't like me saying they couldn't have the opportunity to get pregnant without my swimmers therefore I should have SOME say in whether my baby is aborted or not.   :whatever:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
^Feminazis. Eff'em and feed'em fish I say. :-)

Of course they don't have a problem putting a man on the hook for 18 years in the form of monthly payments......
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

I beg to differ...give a woman in her 36th hour of labor a reasonably sharp object... :-)

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
^Feminazis. Eff'em and feed'em fish I say. :-)

Of course they don't have a problem putting a man on the hook for 18 years in the form of monthly payments......

Woooo Hoooo!!!!  I can go for that!

LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline VivisMom

I beg to differ...give a woman in her 36th hour of labor a reasonably sharp object... :-)

Cindie

Sharp? Pffft. If my labor had lasted that long, I could have killed with a plastic spoon.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 06:48:11 PM by VivisMom »

Offline LadyLiberty

Of course, most of the women who have an abortion probably don't even know who her baby's Daddy is.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Yes they have the right to use a condom or abstain  (50 votes, 21%) Vote

I'm surprised any DUmmies picked this option.  This seems like the option used by DUmmie administrators to tombstone the DUmmies who choose it.

Since condoms don't work 100% of the time, this is actually a vote for abstinence and we all know "only reich wing reTHUGlicans" believe in abstinence.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey