Author Topic: Bouncy from the land of cheese  (Read 3289 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Bouncy from the land of cheese
« on: August 14, 2019, 10:45:30 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212378546
redstatebluegirl (6,548 posts)

While on vacation we stopped in a diner in southwestern Wisconsin for lunch.

It was a nice little place, lots of pick up trucks, working people, and kids. The food was great (wish I could remember the name of it), but pretty soon a guy pulled up in a pickup covered in anti liberal, pro trump stickers. He got out, he had the required MAGA hat on and then came into the diner. I noticed something interesting, people did not give him a smile and wave, they glared at him. One guy covered in dirt from the hard work he had been doing moved to a different stool at the counter to get away from him it seemed. Nobody talked to this guy. When we came in we were obviously not from the area and people were so nice, they welcomed us and were genuinely kind. Not to this guy.

Maybe there is hope in this dark place.
I grew up in a small town in Wisconsin, and I can assure you, everyone in small towns, knows exactly who the a-holes are, and give them the same treatment, regardless of politics.

The problem with DUmmies is that their default assumptions are always political.

(. . . if this actually happened.)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Bouncy from the land of cheese
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 11:16:28 AM »
It would have been a better story if the owner had come out and told the guy to leave as all the patrons stood and applauded.

We have a list somewhere on the site where the formula for successful bouncys are outlined in an easy-to-understand format. The primitives should avail themselves of this deep well of knowledge to help them in their writings.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 11:22:06 AM »
It would have been a better story if the owner had come out and told the guy to leave as all the patrons stood and applauded.

We have a list somewhere on the site where the formula for successful bouncys are outlined in an easy-to-understand format. The primitives should avail themselves of this deep well of knowledge to help them in their writings.

Or a cop jumped out from behind the Apple pie and hit him in the head with a Heinz Ketchup bottle.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 11:48:50 AM »
Or a cop jumped out from behind the Apple pie and hit him in the head with a Heinz Ketchup bottle. block of Cheddar. :-)
FIFY

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 11:52:53 AM »
Cool story, Sis. Was the restaurant named "Alice's Restaurant"? :rimshot:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 11:54:54 AM »

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bouncy%20Ball%20tale

A recounting of an imaginary encounter (portrayed as fact) by a liberal moonbat between themselves and a conservative in which the latter usually displays some exaggerated, stereotypical speech or behavior assigned to conservatives which the liberal defines as repugnant in some way. It may also involve a "conversion", in which the (usually lifelong) conservative reaches an epiphany, realizes the error of his or her ways, and instantly becomes a diehard liberal as a result.

The teller of the tale may describe themselves as a passive observer, may claim to have engaged the conservative in innocuous conversation to draw them out or may say they actively confronted the conservative over their speech or behavior. When confronting the conservative, the liberal invariably comes out on top of the exchange, embarrassing the conservative, exposing their lie(s) and/or hypocrisy, and may cause the conservative to instantly discover how blind they've been, resulting in the aforementioned conversion.

Common elements of the imaginary encounter usually include the liberal and conservative interacting alone but may occur before onlookers, who either cheer on the liberal for their devastating rhetoric or congratulate them afterwards on their "victory" over the neanderthal conservative. The conservative is always dull-witted and is always either left speechless, fumbles or mumbles their argument, is shamed into silence, reacts in some egregious manner, or again, becomes "enlightened" by the sheer weight of the liberal's logic. The encounter for some unknown reason is usually portrayed as taking place at a gas station or convenience store, though it is less frequently related as occuring in a retail store, on the job or at a family gathering, but regardless of the venue the results are always the same. The story often starts with the lead-in, "So, I was at the...(insert location here)", followed by the narrative of events. Less commonly, if the teller is in a hurry, unimaginative or just plain lazy, he or she may just make a statement about overhearing or being told by a friend or family member that even though they are a Republican they are "sick of Bush", and vow to vote Democratic henceforth.

The purpose of the Bouncy Ball tale is for the teller to gain favor for themselves amongst their fellow moonbat listeners (or readers), establish their bona fides as a true militant liberal, or to boost sagging morale by convincing their compatriots that they are "winning" the war of ideas. The tale is also popularly used to bolster the argument that the U.S. is in a headlong slide into fascism, particularly when an abusive law enforcement officer is introduced as a character in the story. It may also serve as a paranoia-heightening device if it includes Black SUVs, Black Helicopters, strange clicks on the telephone, rumors of re-education camps, etc.

The term "Bouncy Ball tale" is derived from the screen name of a particular poster on a far-left website who was prolific in producing such flights of fancy for her fellow members' edification. Synonyms include the diminutive "bouncy", "freeper encounter", and "bullshit moonbat story".

The Bouncy Ball tale is most prevalent at www.democraticunderground .com. The quality of the tale is sometimes rated by members of conservative moonbat-watching websites using a "bong scale", with 0 Bongs being the least amusing and 10 Bongs representing the most amusing and creative stories. Usually, the more classic elements added to the story (conversions, stunned silences, devastated opponents, the fabled "cops jumping out of bushes", and so forth), the higher the bong rating will be.

Classic Bouncy Ball tale : So, I was at the convenience store filling up my Prius, and this huge Hummer pulls up covered with W'04 and NRA stickers. A blue-haired old lady steps out wearing cowboy boots and a Huckabee campaign button and immediately starts complaining about the price of gas. I can't contain my rage any longer and finally blurted out, "Did you know that monstrosity you're driving as a replacement for a penis kills 3,500 baby seals a year, and that Chimpy McCokespoon has personally executed over 1,300,000 innocent Iraqis?" Well she started blubbering something about "terra", and I strode over and kicked the Truck Balls off her trailer hitch, peeled her Columbine-inducing NRA stickers off and handed her a set of enlistment papers for the U.S. Marine Corps. She eventually started crying and confessed that she hated GWB but thought he was the only one who could save her from brown-skinned people. I proceeded to tell her about how the President ordered the attack on the WTC and how he breakfasts on Afghani babies and light sweet crude. Finally, she thanks me for opening her eyes and I give her a card for the local Democratic Party committee and Code Pink chapter. As she drove off, two homeless people hanging out by the ice cooler started applauding and thanked me for Speaking Truth To Power. The tide is turning, folks.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 12:19:07 PM »
I can count on 2 fingers the number of people I have seen in person wearing "the required MAGA hat" since 2016.  both were friendly and well accepted by all around them.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 12:30:56 PM »
Chakaconcarne (898 posts)

15. because they're f'in crazy....

I don't see liberal stickers like I use to and live in a liberal state... you'll get harassed, tailgated, threatened by these goons..

I won't put them on cuz I know the end result would be my going to jail...i don't have enough restraint.
He knows this because that is what this DUmmie does to cars with non-lefty bumper stickers.

dchill (19,325 posts)

31. Brownshirt...

...wannabe.
About time one of you DUmmies fess up and own it.  :thumbs:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 12:55:02 PM »
He knows this because that is what this DUmmie does to cars with non-lefty bumper stickers.
About time one of you DUmmies fess up and own it.  :thumbs:
Funny.
I will not put anything remotely political/conservative on my work truck because I do engineering consulting work at a union manufacturing facility in Wisconsin, and have had coworkers whose cars were keyed or tires mysteriously slashed when they did.  There are a few closet conservatives at the site, and we keep things on the low-down, since the company is one of the notoriously woke ones you've been reading stories about the past few years.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 02:20:05 PM »
Funny.
I will not put anything remotely political/conservative on my work truck because I do engineering consulting work at a union manufacturing facility in Wisconsin, and have had coworkers whose cars were keyed or tires mysteriously slashed when they did.  There are a few closet conservatives at the site, and we keep things on the low-down, since the company is one of the notoriously woke ones you've been reading stories about the past few years.

Spice or beer?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 03:05:08 PM »
Chakaconcarne (898 posts)

15. because they're f'in crazy....

I don't see liberal stickers like I use to and live in a liberal state... you'll get harassed, tailgated, threatened by these goons..

Where I live, California, is about as liberal as states come. I see Bernie, Hillary, Obama, pro-gay-marriage, rainbow, yada, yada, yada bumperstickers ALL THE TIME. And nobody chasing the vehicles bearing those bumperstickers. Chakaconcarne's claim bears zero resemblance to the parts of California in which I live an travel. The reverse is true. I see very very few conservative-oriented bumperstickers, even though on the order of 25% of the SF Bay Area voted for Trump. It's conservatives who do not express their views on their bumpers so as to avoid harassment and vandalism - like me, for more than 40 years.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 02:19:46 PM »
If I were to put bumper stickers on my truck, the police would consider it "baiting", and I'd need bail money.

:bigbird:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 05:13:13 PM »
redstatebluegirl (6,548 posts)

While on vacation we stopped in a diner in southwestern Wisconsin for lunch.

It was a nice little place, lots of pick up trucks, working people, and kids. The food was great (wish I could remember the name of it), but pretty soon a guy pulled up in a pickup covered in anti liberal, pro trump stickers. He got out, he had the required MAGA hat on and then came into the diner. I noticed something interesting, people did not give him a smile and wave, they glared at him. One guy covered in dirt from the hard work he had been doing moved to a different stool at the counter to get away from him it seemed. Nobody talked to this guy. When we came in we were obviously not from the area and people were so nice, they welcomed us and were genuinely kind. Not to this guy.

Maybe there is hope in this dark place.
I grew up in a small town in Wisconsin, and I can assure you, everyone in small towns, knows exactly who the

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9dSGaDad_4
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2019, 06:47:20 AM »
I can count on 2 fingers the number of people I have seen in person wearing "the required MAGA hat" since 2016.  both were friendly and well accepted by all around them.

I saw a few more over Independence Day Week in Washington DC :)

A few more hundred ackshully  :-)

And the locals were doing great business with MAGA and 2020 gear of all kinds.

Full disclosure, I heard the Baby Balloon was in town and saw, I dunno, five or six miniature ones being carried, but few really obvious garment choices.  One "blue wave" (picture, no text) shirt, and one with "we apologize for our president" in several languages.  Nonspecific, that one could have been worn during... 45 administrations ;)
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2019, 03:13:45 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212378546I grew up in a small town in Wisconsin, and I can assure you, everyone in small towns, knows exactly who the a-holes are, and give them the same treatment, regardless of politics.

The problem with DUmmies is that their default assumptions are always political.

(. . . if this actually happened.)

They make their whole life political. :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SPYDER

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 05:44:14 AM »
  Well come on down to Okeechobee Florida and you will see a bunch of folks wearing the red hats.