Author Topic: Ricky Gervais torches sanctimonious Hollywood at Golden Globes  (Read 820 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Ricky Gervais torches sanctimonious Hollywood at Golden Globes
« on: January 05, 2020, 08:37:48 PM »
‘F**K OFF’: Ricky Gervais Blasts Hollywood For Lecturing World, Politicizing Everything, Trolls Them Over Epstein

Comedian Ricky Gervais, host of the 2020 Golden Globe Awards, slammed Hollywood elites on Sunday for constantly lecturing the world and for politicizing everything, saying “You know nothing about the real world.”

“Apple roared into the TV game with ‘The Morning Show,’ a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing, made by a company that runs sweat shops in China,” Gervais said. “So, well, you say you’re woke, but the companies you work for – I mean, unbelievable, Apple, Amazon, Disney. If ISIS started a streaming service, you would call your agent, wouldn’t you?”

“So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech, right?” Gervais continued. “You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your god, and f**k off.”

Later in his speech, the audience groaned over a joke he made about convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, to which he told them, “Shut up. I know he’s your friend, but I don’t care.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news...thing-trolls-them-over-epstein
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Ricky Gervais torches sanctimonious Hollywood at Golden Globes
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 06:34:58 PM »
I had always had the impression that Gervais was every bit the leftist that this contemporaries in Hollyweird are. Perhaps this isn't the case at all.

The sewage leak on the red carpet in front of the joint was priceless. Really enjoyed seeing a photo of raw sewage leaking toward the front door. Completely appropriate.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: Ricky Gervais torches sanctimonious Hollywood at Golden Globes
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 01:48:24 PM »
Golden Globes: Read Ricky Gervais' Scathing Opening Monologue
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/transcript-ricky-gervais-golden-globes-2020-opening-monologue-1266516

Full transcript at the link.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du