Author Topic: Somehow it will be blamed on the POTUS...  (Read 772 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Somehow it will be blamed on the POTUS...
« on: January 07, 2020, 10:35:04 PM »
Star Member highplainsdem (25,706 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212851223

A Ukrainian passenger jet, a Boeing 737 w/ 180 on board, just crashed in Iran shortly after takeoff.
Seeing lots of tweets about this, some saying the crash was due to a technical issue, though other tweets are asking how they could know that already.

:popcorn:

JoeOtterbein (3,873 posts)

2. The horror continues.

(tears)

:yawn:

Johnny2X2X (6,229 posts)

4. OMG

Unintended consequences of war. Good chance this was either shot down or had its control jammed. I hope that wasn’t us.

because we routinely shoot down large passenger jets on accident...

killaphill (66 posts)

8. Trump tweets "all is well"....

And then this. There is more than one way for us to retaliate, and I fear this was one of the ways.

There was an earthquake too... Who let the VRWC Weather Machine out?

Star Member alittlelark (17,063 posts)

12. Putin is desperate for this conflict to escalate

He is in a hot war with Ukraine, and has been trying to get them blamed for US election interference etc ...

I am SURE his nasty little fingers are all over this.

:stoner:

Johnny2X2X (6,229 posts)

19. This is horrific.

And of course it would be Ukrainian. It was at 8000 feet and 290 Kts. If this was shot down there is going to be global outrage.

Star Member Hekate (58,502 posts)

20. What a coinkydink, I write while reeling in horror. Except as Malcolm Nance says...

There are no coincidences.

Star Member ecstatic (26,011 posts)

35. Appropriately blamed on the US...but why was a flight taking off

in the middle of missile strikes? Did dump's poorly staffed defense department order that it be shot down? Is Russia instigating? What the hell is going on??!

:thatsright:

Iran fired missiles INTO Iraq. Plan was taking off from Iran. Not at all near the same place, numbnutz.

MustLoveBeagles (2,510 posts)

36. Oh shit

This is crazy.

:yawn:

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙡 𝘾𝙧𝙖𝙗
@IntelCrab
Unconfirmed via Al Hadath: The downed Ukrainian aircraft outbound from #Tehran was accidentally shot down by Iranian AA units. https://twitter.com/AlHadath/status/1214758196511985664

الحدث

@AlHadath
#إيران — أنباء عن سقوط الطائرة الأوكرانية نتيجة إصابتها بصاروخ إيراني عن طريق الخطأ

9:04 PM - Jan 7, 2020

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: Somehow it will be blamed on the POTUS...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 12:45:42 AM »
Star Member highplainsdem (25,706 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212851223

A Ukrainian passenger jet, a Boeing 737 w/ 180 on board, just crashed in Iran shortly after takeoff.
Seeing lots of tweets about this, some saying the crash was due to a technical issue, though other tweets are asking how they could know that already.

I don't know but perhaps the crew was talking to departure control about what was happening aboard the aircraft in an attempt to return to the airport?
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 08:53:08 AM »
Johnny2X2X (6,229 posts)

4. OMG

Unintended consequences of war. Good chance this was either shot down or had its control jammed. I hope that wasn’t us.

we weren't the ones doing the shooting yesterday numbnuts, and explain how we could make the controls jam when we don't have any troops anywhere near terhran.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 02:27:21 PM »
Without hazarding a guess as to how the crash happened:

* The crash happened several hours after the rocket/missile attacks on US bases; i.e. not an Iranian missile or a US missile gone astray;

* The crash was hundreds of miles from the US bases that were hit;  i.e. not an Iranian missile or ...

* It is possible that Ukrainian defense installations were on alert, and therefore a shoot-down due to mistaken identity is not improbable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 06:52:01 PM »

* The crash happened several hours after the rocket/missile attacks on US bases; i.e. not an Iranian missile or a US missile gone astray;

* The crash was hundreds of miles from the US bases that were hit;  i.e. not an Iranian missile or ...

* It is possible that Ukrainian defense installations were on alert, and therefore a shoot-down due to mistaken identity is not improbable.

Exactly what I was thinking.  Fog of War, but it shouldn't be happening in 2020 with transponders and everything, unless of course you're some kinda backwards stone age country.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 09:26:51 PM »

Wait, I thought the aircraft crashed just after takeoff in Iran? If anyone shot it down it would have been Iranian military personnel.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 11:40:25 PM »
>Star Member highplainsdem (25,706 posts) A Ukrainian passenger jet, a Boeing 737 w/ 180 on board, just crashed in Iran shortly after takeoff.

There are unlimited brain dead mohamheads in Iran that would SAM locals to make a scene that idiots would blame on the great Satan.  retard.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 11:14:56 AM »
Wait, I thought the aircraft crashed just after takeoff in Iran? If anyone shot it down it would have been Iranian military personnel.

Perhaps I was less than clear, but that was my point in pointing out the time and distance separation between the missile attacks on US bases and the crash: it was not due to one of the missiles in the bases attack accidentally fitting the plane, and any immediate US response would have been counter-battery, not a single missile fired at an Iranian city hundreds of miles away.

The possibilities are not numerous, and those least sinister are also least likely, IMO.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.