Author Topic: On top of mf45 being the worst president in my lifetime he has ruined family and  (Read 609 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://democraticunderground.com/100214417188

kimbutgar (14,281 posts)

On top of mf45 being the worst president in my lifetime he has ruined family and friendships

'You are no longer my mother': How the election is dividing American families
By Tim Reid, Gabriella Borter, Michael Martina 8 MIN READ

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - When lifelong Democrat Mayra Gomez told her 21-year-old son five months ago that she was voting for Donald Trump in Tuesday’s presidential election, he cut her out of his life.

“He specifically told me, ‘You are no longer my mother, because you are voting for Trump’,” Gomez, 41, a personal care worker in Milwaukee, told Reuters. Their last conversation was so bitter that she is not sure they can reconcile, even if Trump loses his re-election bid.

“The damage is done. In people’s minds, Trump is a monster. It’s sad. There are people not talking to me anymore, and I’m not sure that will change,” said Gomez, who is a fan of Trump’s crackdown on illegal immigrants and handling of the economy.

Gomez is not alone in thinking the bitter splits within families and among friends over Trump’s tumultuous presidency will be difficult, if not impossible, to repair, even after he leaves office - whenever that is.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-families/you-are-no-longer-my-mother-a-divided-america-will-struggle-to-heal-after-trump-era-idUSKBN27I16E

I have lost some long time friends fortunately my immediate family feels the same way I do about the orange maggot. My sister in law who lives in Arizona is married to a mf45 supporter ( that relationship is shaky) and her two sons ( just a few college courses) are voting for him. Interestingly, her 20 year old daughter who just started her junior year at college is voting for Biden.

But he is so polarizing I don’t remember family and friends being divided in the Bush years.

That said what’s going to happen if mf45 gets voted out in a landslide and all the misdeeds and the truth of what he has done to hurt our country gets out. Will those cult members see the light or go down the SS Orange Titanic? It will be interesting the next 6 months.

You know what's interesting to me about these stories?  NONE of them say the Trump supporter cut them out of their life.  They all claim THEY cut the conservatives out of their life.  When I had a Facebook page I used to remark to people how funny it was that liberals would 'unfriend' me, but I never unfriended anyone.

Now, I don't know about you, but when I do something it's ME who did the doing.  No one is forcing me to do anything so how they can blame Trump for them cutting people out of their lives is completely out of my realm of understanding.

lapfog_1 (24,494 posts)

2. I will never speak to my sister again

haven't since she voted for Trump 4 years ago... don't plan on changing that

redstatebluegirl (10,383 posts)

3. I have more than a few family members and friends I don't think I will ever be close to again.

Especially someone I work with who I have always enjoyed. She went full boat Trump, all the hatred she spewed was amazing. She began watching Fox when Trump was running in 2015. A cousin in Illinois did the same thing. The last time I talked to him he was totally nuts. Brainwashed is what I say.

I don't ever remember it being like this.

liberal_mama (143 posts)

4. Thankfully, all of my family members didn't vote for Trump

However, my husband's family lives in the South and most of my in-laws are Trumpers and virus-deniers, so this will strain future relations. I won't forget who supported Trump, even long after Trump is gone.

Sedona (3,239 posts)

9. My sister has gone full on bat shit Q Anon

She's dragging my 81 year old mother along with her to crazytown.

I don't think I'll ever get them back. We're speaking, barely.

Sad part is I have a fabulous 15 year old niece I'll probably never get to know because I'm supporting the pedophylles.

Honestly, I'm not doing too good today. I'm having a LOT of anxiety. On the verge of tears all day today.

I can't wait for this to be over.

I knew I would lose a lot when Scump became President but I didn't think it would be my family.

Thank Dog I brought my three daughters up right. They're all voting straight Dem tickets in Arizona.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ADsOutburst

Let me guess, they blame jobs, peace deals, stronger immigration policy, optimism, the celebration of America, and the unifying message of "Make America Great Again" for dividing the country.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
This is how much I care...

revenanttrump" border="0
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

Mayra Gomez' son made the choice to cut off his mother, not President Trump. If Donald Trump didn't exist the son probably would have done the same with a different phony pretext.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

Dummies, those of us who are about to be cut off by you, we salute you  :bird: :bird: :bird:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 05:56:40 PM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
kimbutgar

But he is so polarizing I don’t remember family and friends being divided in the Bush years.

Then you have the memory of Joe Biden. You crazies continually relayed stories of cutting off family because of your hatred of Bush. You were and still are a regular cornucopia of intolerance and hatred towards decent and civilized people.

I also noticed you didn’t make any reference to conservatives creating dissension with anyone when the Nazi Obama was in office. That’s because we act mature; something liberals know nothing about.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
People who have contact cut by "friends" and "family" because of a difference in politics are much better off without those hate filled intolerant people in their lives.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Dummies, those of us who are about to be cut off by you, we salute you  :bird: :bird: :bird:

Thank you, AC/DC! :rimshot:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
kimbutgar (14,281 posts)

On top of mf45 being the worst president in my lifetime he has ruined family and friendships

'You are no longer my mother': How the election is dividing American families
By Tim Reid, Gabriella Borter, Michael Martina 8 MIN READ

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - When lifelong Democrat Mayra Gomez told her 21-year-old son five months ago that she was voting for Donald Trump in Tuesday’s presidential election, he cut her out of his life.

“He specifically told me, ‘You are no longer my mother, because you are voting for Trump’,” Gomez, 41, a personal care worker in Milwaukee, told Reuters. Their last conversation was so bitter that she is not sure they can reconcile, even if Trump loses his re-election bid.

“The damage is done. In people’s minds, Trump is a monster. It’s sad. There are people not talking to me anymore, and I’m not sure that will change,” said Gomez, who is a fan of Trump’s crackdown on illegal immigrants and handling of the economy.

Gomez is not alone in thinking the bitter splits within families and among friends over Trump’s tumultuous presidency will be difficult, if not impossible, to repair, even after he leaves office - whenever that is.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-families/you-are-no-longer-my-mother-a-divided-america-will-struggle-to-heal-after-trump-era-idUSKBN27I16E

I have lost some long time friends fortunately my immediate family feels the same way I do about the orange maggot. My sister in law who lives in Arizona is married to a mf45 supporter ( that relationship is shaky) and her two sons ( just a few college courses) are voting for him. Interestingly, her 20 year old daughter who just started her junior year at college is voting for Biden.

That said what’s going to happen if mf45 gets voted out in a landslide and all the misdeeds and the truth of what he has done to hurt our country gets out. Will those cult members see the light or go down the SS Orange Titanic? It will be interesting the next 6 months.

You need to look at yourself. Why are you cutting your family and friends off over politics? You have problems beyond politics.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du