Author Topic: Dems searching their souls on drilling  (Read 2151 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Dems searching their souls on drilling
« on: July 10, 2008, 02:02:40 PM »
In the stages of grief, denial gives way to anger and then to bargaining.

It may be an apt metaphor this week, as Democrats’ long-held opposition to expanded offshore oil drilling succumbs to the political realities of $4-per-gallon gasoline.

Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) said Wednesday that Democratic and Republican leaders are negotiating a compromise on energy legislation. Kyl declined to say who’s doing the negotiating or what results, if any, their discussions have yielded.

But Sen. John Warner (R-Va.), a longtime proponent of increased offshore drilling, said he was seeing “a big shift, a big shift in my direction,” and it was hard to find Democrats who disagreed.

“I’m not knee-jerk opposed to anything,” said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). “We’re willing to work. We haven’t shut our minds to anything.”

Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.) said he sensed there were enough votes from his Democratic colleagues to expand offshore drilling into new areas — and that the eastern Gulf of Mexico “should be one of the first places we should look.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11649.html
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Dems searching their souls on drilling
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 02:09:52 PM »
I was just about to post this as a separate thread, but nancy pelosi says that 'Drilling in protected areas ‘a hoax’".

“This call for drilling in areas that are protected is a hoax, it’s an absolute hoax on the part of the Republicans and this administration” Pelosi said at her weekly press conference. “It’s a decoy to punt your attention away from the fact that their policies have produced $4-a-gallon gasoline.”

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »
Dare we believe that the light of reality is beginning to seep into the dark place occupied by most democrats?

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 02:17:58 PM »
I was just about to post this as a separate thread, but nancy pelosi says that 'Drilling in protected areas ‘a hoax’".

“This call for drilling in areas that are protected is a hoax, it’s an absolute hoax on the part of the Republicans and this administration” Pelosi said at her weekly press conference. “It’s a decoy to punt your attention away from the fact that their policies have produced $4-a-gallon gasoline.”

Nancy baby, while the energy policies President and the Republicans haven't produced a drop in the oil price, it's because you, the rest of your mindless, zombie minions and the RINO collaborators who side with you, have STUDIED, OBSTRUCTED, DELAYED and STONE-WALLED those policies INTO THE ****ING GROUND rather than allow the policies you question to suceed or fail on their own merits.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 02:24:14 PM »
Umm, what souls? :clueless: :tongue:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 02:25:56 PM »
San Fran Nan is really grasping huh? Why stop at 9%? Keep digging until that approval rating is 0%!

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 02:26:49 PM »
San Fran Nan is really grasping huh? Why stop at 9%? Keep digging until that approval rating is 0%!

go check out what she is saying about impeachment now.   :-)

she's looooong gone. :whatever:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 02:27:17 PM »

When they hit that magic number 0%, then do we get to grab the torches and pitchforks and chase 'em all into the ****in' Potomac River?

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 02:30:44 PM »

When they hit that magic number 0%, then do we get to grab the torches and pitchforks and chase 'em all into the ****in' Potomac River?

I think at that point, they have pretty much chased themselves into the potomac river.

running against the "do nothing dem congress" is turning into a more viable campaign issue for mccain
every day.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 02:39:56 PM »
Let's hope they are putting powder in the petards at McCain Central.

*that sounds a lot dirtier than I meant it to be. Heck, did I even phrase that right? Where's frank? :lmao:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 04:37:34 PM »
Searching their souls?!?  Yeah, good luck with that!   :evillaugh:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 02:26:27 PM »
Nancy baby, while the energy policies President and the Republicans haven't produced a drop in the oil price, it's because you, the rest of your mindless, zombie minions and the RINO collaborators who side with you, have STUDIED, OBSTRUCTED, DELAYED and STONE-WALLED those policies INTO THE ****ING GROUND rather than allow the policies you question to suceed or fail on their own merits.
So far into the ground, in fact, they should have struck oil by now.

:rimshot:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 03:03:39 PM »
Searching their souls?!?  Yeah, good luck with that!   :evillaugh:

These pecker-heads are terrified that the voters will turn on them in Nov. After all, getting the Magic Negro and Congress critters elected is their main (#1) goal above all others. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 07:13:55 PM »
Dare we believe that the light of reality is beginning to seep into the dark place occupied by most democrats?

doc

Just another election-year ploy to look good on the issues without acutally accomplishing anything.  And their base will eat it up while the media shouts Pelosi's praises from the rooftops.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 07:19:28 PM »
“I’m not knee-jerk opposed to anything,” said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). “We’re willing to work. We haven’t shut our minds to anything.”

What a lying, phony little asshole.

"The one thing we fail to talk about is those costs that you don't see on the bottom line. That is coal makes us sick, oil makes us sick; it's global warming. It's ruining our country, it’s ruining our world. We’ve got to stop using fossil fuel.”