Author Topic: Obama: Iran Needs to Know We Mean Talk  (Read 835 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Obama: Iran Needs to Know We Mean Talk
« on: July 10, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »
Obama: Iran Needs to Know We Mean Talk

(2008-07-10) — Democrat presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama today faulted the “weakness of the Bush administration” for Iran’s recent long-range missile testing, and said when he sits in the Oval Office “Iran will know that we mean talk.”

The Illinois senator said he would engage Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in face-to-face negotiations offering “carrots as well as sticks,” meaning that he would “reward Iranian goodwill gestures with stirring laudatory speeches, and punish Iran’s violations of U.N. resolutions with bold rhetorical rebukes.”

“We know that President Ahmadinejad wants to see Israel wiped off the face of the map,” said Sen. Obama, “Of course, the first step in negotiating is to determine what the other party wants that you might be able to provide”

“Iran needs to know that our words mean something,” he said. “During the Obama administration, our words will mean that we are saying things by combining those words into sentences to express ideas about how we feel, using dramatic phrases and dynamic cadences. Iran must never question our resolve to deliver…speeches.”

*read the rest HERE  :p :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Obama: Iran Needs to Know We Mean Talk
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »
 :cheersmate: What's really funny (and scary) is that this sounds like it came from Teh Ooooobama's headquarters.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Obama: Iran Needs to Know We Mean Talk
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 09:04:13 AM »
:cheersmate: What's really funny (and scary) is that this sounds like it came from Teh Ooooobama's headquarters.

I know, I sent it to a few friends and I have no doubt that some of them will believe he actually said it.   :-)