Author Topic: Yes, there really is justice in this world....  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Yes, there really is justice in this world....
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:49:09 AM »
Father Allegedly Shoots Wife, Kidnaps Son, Then Gets Hit by Bus

SANTA ANA, Calif. —  A desperate five-day search for a 9-year-old boy abducted by his father in Southern California ended in Mexico, where the man died after being hit by a bus and the boy was found safe across town, authorities said Monday.

Ryan Ramos was found alone Sunday in a Mormon church building in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, and arrived in Orange County early Monday, where he was reunited with his family, sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino said.

He had been missing since Wednesday, when his father, Lonnie Ramos, 46, allegedly shot his estranged wife during a custody exchange and took off with their child.

Gynnae Ramos, the boy's mother, was in good condition Monday at Mission Hospital, where she was recovering from gunshot wounds to the chest, stomach and right eye, Amormino said. Her son was taken to her bedside, he said.

MORE

Prayers for the mother and child, but the father got what he deserved.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Yes, there really is justice in this world....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 12:35:27 PM »
Mexico needs stronger bus control laws.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 12:39:19 PM »
Yes, accelerator locks should be mandatory, and there should be a 5 day waiting period before driving a new one.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:22:38 PM »
Being a frequent tourista in Mexico, the pedestrians have little or no right of way, at least from what I've observed. Maybe that's the attitude we NEED to adopt here in the US. If one is jaywalking or crossing against the lights, they become "open game". Kind of like the way it USED to be.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 08:37:05 PM »
Lonnie Ramos has won the Darwin Award. Come on down!  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:40:14 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 02:05:34 AM »
Quote from: Thor
Being a frequent tourista in Mexico, the pedestrians have little or no right of way, at least from what I've observed. Maybe that's the attitude we NEED to adopt here in the US. If one is jaywalking or crossing against the lights, they become "open game". Kind of like the way it USED to be.

Agreed.

I'd take it one step further and say that anything on the road that doesn't pay , ergo an unregistered vehicle , pedestrian , or cyclist, has no rights over any registered vehicle.

The number of times I've been held up by some cyclist riding in the middle of the damn lane.... or 4 abreast .. in peak traffic...

Offline LaceDustBoots

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 04:54:51 AM »
Quote from: Thor

Agreed.

I'd take it one step further and say that anything on the road that doesn't pay , ergo an unregistered vehicle , pedestrian , or cyclist, has no rights over any registered vehicle.

The number of times I've been held up by some cyclist riding in the middle of the damn lane.... or 4 abreast .. in peak traffic...

You both will like this story.....

http://cbs2.com/local/Road.Rage.Bicyclists.2.766599.html

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 07:33:25 AM »
Yes, accelerator locks should be mandatory, and there should be a 5 day waiting period before driving a new one.

Don't bring a gun to a bus fight.

Offline Flame

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 08:47:31 AM »
you need to go to NYC...that's the attitude they have!

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 10:02:42 AM »
This thread is useless without video of the jackhole getting his well-deserved reward.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »
It is that way here in TN.  Oddly enough, you can legally run down a pedestrian in the middle of the block.  As long as you don't leave the scene, you cannot be charged with a crime.   :evillaugh:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 11:42:48 AM »
It is that way here in TN.  Oddly enough, you can legally run down a pedestrian in the middle of the block.  As long as you don't leave the scene, you cannot be charged with a crime.   :evillaugh:
Which is why I want to move out of this godforsaken place.

I swear, I've avoided more pedestrians than I can count! They don't just dart out in the street either. They saunter. And they don't even make eye contact first! What kind of idiot attempts to cross any street/parking lot/asphalt without FIRST looking up to make sure they aren't about to play Frogger? I mean seriously!!!!

WTF is wrong with these people? And why can't I hit them? Other than the lenghty interview downtown, I'm not seeing a downside. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »
It is that way here in TN.  Oddly enough, you can legally run down a pedestrian in the middle of the block.  As long as you don't leave the scene, you cannot be charged with a crime.   :evillaugh:
Which is why I want to move out of this godforsaken place.

I swear, I've avoided more pedestrians than I can count! They don't just dart out in the street either. They saunter. And they don't even make eye contact first! What kind of idiot attempts to cross any street/parking lot/asphalt without FIRST looking up to make sure they aren't about to play Frogger? I mean seriously!!!!

WTF is wrong with these people? And why can't I hit them? Other than the lenghty interview downtown, I'm not seeing a downside. :-)
Use the horn, ignore the brakes.   :-)   :innocent:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 12:01:31 PM »
Oh I do. And the finger  :uhsure:

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 12:11:58 PM »
Oh I do. And the finger  :uhsure:
Tell 'em they're #1 eh?   :rotf:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 12:31:30 PM »
I wanted an old muscle car with steer horns on the hood. :-) Sigh.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 01:37:01 PM »

Don't bring a gun to a bus fight.

LOL!
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."