Author Topic: Congressional Approval 9%; lowest ever  (Read 2106 times)

Offline djones520

Congressional Approval 9%; lowest ever
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:07:45 AM »
http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/congressional_performance/congressional_performance

The percentage of voters who give Congress good or excellent ratings has fallen to single digits for the first time in Rasmussen Reports tracking history. This month, just 9% say Congress is doing a good or excellent job. Most voters (52%) say Congress is doing a poor job, which ties the record high in that dubious category.

Last month, 11% of voters gave the legislature good or excellent ratings. Congress has not received higher than a 15% approval rating since the beginning of 2008.

The percentage of Democrats who give Congress positive ratings fell from 17% last month to 13% this month. The number of Democrats who give Congress a poor rating remained unchanged. Among Republicans, 8% give Congress good or excellent ratings, up just a point from last month. Sixty-five percent (65%) of GOP voters say Congress is doing a poor job, down a single point from last month.

Voters not affiliated with either party are the most critical of Congressional performance. Just 3% of those voters give Congress positive ratings, down from 6% last month. Sixty-three percent (63%) believe Congress is doing a poor job, up from 57% last month.

Just 12% of voters think Congress has passed any legislation to improve life in this country over the past six months. That number has ranged from 11% to 13% throughout 2008. The majority of voters (62%) say Congress has not passed any legislation to improve life in America.

Somehow this doesn't suprise me at all.   :whatever:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Congressional Approval 9%; lowest ever
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:10:13 AM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 11:19:00 AM »

...and...

Monday, April 24, 2006

Washington, D.C. – House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi released the following statement today on President Bush’s, Speaker Hastert’s, and the Republican Congress’ empty rhetoric on gas prices. Key facts on the Majority's failure to address gas prices follows Pelosi’s statement.

With skyrocketing gas prices, it is clear that the American people can no longer afford the Republican Rubber Stamp Congress and its failure to stand up to Republican big oil and gas company cronies. Americans this week are paying $2.91 a gallon on average for regular gasoline – 33 cents higher than last month, and double the price than when President Bush first came to office.

“With record gas prices, record CEO pay packages, and record oil company profits, Speaker Hastert and the Majority Congress continue to give the American people empty rhetoric rather than join Democrats who are working to lower gas prices now.

“Democrats have a commonsense plan to help bring down skyrocketing gas prices by cracking down on price gouging, rolling back the billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies, tax breaks and royalty relief given to big oil and gas companies, and increasing production of alternative fuels.”

MORE

Bellow Pelolsi woudn't know a commonsense plan if it bit her in the a$$.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 01:15:12 PM »
Just 12% of voters think Congress has passed any legislation to improve life in this country over the past six months.
I'm just concerned that so many people believe it's the gubamints job to improve our lives. Gubamint can improve my life by forgeting about me.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 01:18:41 PM »
Just 12% of voters think Congress has passed any legislation to improve life in this country over the past six months.
I'm just concerned that so many people believe it's the gubamints job to improve our lives. Gubamint can improve my life by forgeting about me.

You can put me up on that bandwagon as well.

H5!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »

You can put me up on that bandwagon as well.

H5!

The worst thing for all Americans is when the congress thinks it has to Do Something. Hard working people with good values get screwed every time.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 01:29:17 PM »
count me in the "leave me the hell alone, govt!" category.

But...AHEM...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAc79fdBcIo[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbzzeuYJteY&feature=related[/youtube]
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline djones520

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 01:37:06 PM »
What I don't get is that it still seems to be universally accepted that the Dems will gain more seats this year.  Why?  They made such a huge deal about promising change, and improvement, and then did nothing but fall flat on their faces.  And the numbers show that America is aware of their total failure.

So why would we elect more of the failure?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 01:38:18 PM »
Just in case you thought the inaction on domestic energy policy was one-sided:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWZ_4EXeyaA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWZ_4EXeyaA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 01:38:24 PM »
What I don't get is that it still seems to be universally accepted that the Dems will gain more seats this year.  Why?  They made such a huge deal about promising change, and improvement, and then did nothing but fall flat on their faces.  And the numbers show that America is aware of their total failure.

Because Bush and McCain won't freaking make it the big deal it should be.

Their "high road" is costing us Americans big time!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 02:02:08 PM »

Because McCain is a limp-wristed wimp on the campaign trail, and the RNC has no leadership.......the "perfect storm".....

doc

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 02:57:11 PM »
Hitting bottom, but continuing to dig....
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 03:29:36 PM »

Because McCain is a limp-wristed wimp on the campaign trail, and the RNC has no leadership.......the "perfect storm".....

doc

one can only hope the the Dems will piss him off between now and Nov. and his infamous "temper" will erupt! because yes, now he looks limp-wristed!

Offline djones520

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 03:31:22 PM »

doc

one can only hope the the Dems will piss him off between now and Nov. and his infamous "temper" will erupt! because yes, now he looks limp-wristed!

As long as he flairs up at the right situation.  If he goes off over something insignificant, it will only look bad for him.  But if they end up going after his children, or keep chasing his military background, I think America would get behind him if he blows up over that.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »
He's a patient man. I think he's holding back for now. It's a long, long time until November.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lauri

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 05:22:53 PM »
He's a patient man. I think he's holding back for now. It's a long, long time until November.

i hope he is being that shrewd.. but up until recently he didnt know which way to aim; obama or hilary.

now he just has to sit back and wait while the 143-days guy screws up.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 12:41:11 PM »

Holding back......so far the only difference between McCain's campaign, and Bob Dole's is....McCain hasn't fallen off of a speaking platform yet......

I think that we have to come to grips with the fact that the man is simply pathetic as a presidential candidate....

doc

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 12:43:44 PM »
Ouch.  :bawl:

I hope that his bid doesn't go the way of Dole though.

He's got some challenges ahead of him and that's being kind.

I still have faith.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 10:35:51 AM »