Author Topic: Did anyone else get insulted at Sunday's Doonsebury  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Did anyone else get insulted at Sunday's Doonsebury
« on: July 07, 2008, 05:52:01 PM »
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/db/2008/db080706.gif

I don't know the copyright rules, but an asshole like Trudeau should NOT be allowed to get away with STATING -- not insinuating, but STATING -- that asking for ID to prevent voter fraud is an attempt by the Republicans to disenfranchise voters.

I am going to email every publication I can think of and blog Slate as well.

Guys, we need numbers here.  can those who still have currency at TOS and TOOS and any other sites start to flood the channels?

And if BJ Tru****you is looking -- kiss my ass you ****ing traitorous frog.  I wish nothing but bad on you for the rest of your ****ing wretched life.

I'll try to get the email address for this ****ing anti-American commie-loving diarrhea-slurping subhuman dickhead.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Re: Did anyone else get insulted at Sunday's Doonsebury
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 06:06:40 PM »
"Doonsebury" has been anti conservative as long as I can remember. It's put in the political section of a lot of newspapers nowadays. He's married to former Today show host Jane Pauley. Don't waste another minute worrying about it FreeDumb.
"Dilbert" is all you need to be concerned about in the comic section anyway!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 06:39:59 PM »
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/db/2008/db080706.gif

I don't know the copyright rules, but an asshole like Trudeau should NOT be allowed to get away with STATING -- not insinuating, but STATING -- that asking for ID to prevent voter fraud is an attempt by the Republicans to disenfranchise voters.

I am going to email every publication I can think of and blog Slate as well.

Guys, we need numbers here.  can those who still have currency at TOS and TOOS and any other sites start to flood the channels?

And if BJ Tru****you is looking -- kiss my ass you ****ing traitorous frog.  I wish nothing but bad on you for the rest of your ****ing wretched life.

I'll try to get the email address for this ****ing anti-American commie-loving diarrhea-slurping subhuman dickhead.

Don't hold back Free, tell us how you actually feel.

I got your back anytime bubba!  :argh:
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 07:06:56 PM »
"Doonsebury" has been anti conservative as long as I can remember. It's put in the political section of a lot of newspapers nowadays. He's married to former Today show host Jane Pauley. Don't waste another minute worrying about it FreeDumb.
"Dilbert" is all you need to be concerned about in the comic section anyway!
I know, but this one was truly vile.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SemiSpook

• Contractor Puke
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There a
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 08:20:30 PM »
You're assuming that Doonesbury is actually relevant. I haven't picked up comics section of a newspaper in years. And if I did, I'm more into Opus than anything else. Berkeley Breathed has had two successful comebacks after Bloom County, those being Outland and the aforementioned Opus (and let's face it, you can't go wrong with Bill the Cat).

Trudeau can go take a flying leap. It's not his fault he's become irrelevant...oh, wait. It is.
I would beg to differ with the notion that the current administration is *NOT* the most transparent in history. It certainly is...because you can see right through them.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 08:24:06 PM »
If only the GOP could find the wherwithal to get fired up. You go man!
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 08:25:19 PM »
The funny papers have shrunk from two and a half pages since the 80's down to little more than a page.  Crossword puzzles and Sodoku usually provide the filler.

I don't think Trudeau is making the kind of money he used to.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 08:28:25 PM »
The funny papers have shrunk from two and a half pages since the 80's down to little more than a page.  Crossword puzzles and Sodoku usually provide the filler.

I don't think Trudeau is making the kind of money he used to.
I hope he is using all of what little he makes on his AIDS drugs.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 09:52:59 PM »
I stopped even thinking of reading that so called comic years ago
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 09:57:32 PM »
The local rag here quit publishing BC because too  many libs complained about all those eeeevil religious overtones in the strip.   :whatever:

Like many thousands here, I cancelled my subscription many years ago.

Now I pick & choose my comics online....BC, Zits, Arlo & Janis, Blondie, Pickles, Beetle Bailey, Wizard of Id, etc.